Four

#FAKE

Danah comes rushing towards him as soon as she sees him in school, disregarding the entire class. She looks way too excited first thing in the morning. "Ohmygosh you wouldn't believe what happened last night," she comes and gushes to Taehyun, pulling his arm. Her excitement is contagious, Taehyun finds himself extremely curious. Mino's face flashes inside his head, imagining what he will look like when he's mad. How is Danah looking so happy when Mino almost bit his head off the night before. He shakes his head to remove the thoughts. He tells himself he will not think about that again. Danah continues gushing. "My brother came barging into the room in the middle of the night with that picture and demanded to know why it was on his desk in plain view," she's laughing now, uncontrollably so.

Taehyun can't understand the situation. Mino was angry and Danah is giggling about it. "And...?" he prods, waiting to hear the rest.

"He looked so angry so I told him the truth. That I was snooping around in his room and found it, then he asked me if you had anything to do with it."

"I don't understand why you find your brother's anger so funny," Taehyun can't help comment. 

"I'm getting to it," Danah punches him on the arm, Taehyun rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I told him no, I was the one who found it and put it on his desk. Then his face got so red I thought he was burning up and I got a little scared but then I was sure it was embarrassment you know, and I was teasing him like 'is that your boyfriend?' and he rushed out the room shouting 'This is why I don't allow anyone in my room.' It was so funny," she's laughing again, enjoying her brother's plight. Taehyun feels relatively better. He is not a suspect anymore, but he has to pay the price of seeing something he is not supposed to see. "I mean, I am sure he doesn't have a boyfriend but what if its a crush?"

"Wait! Your brother is gay?"

"I don't know. He is so secretive but maybe..." Danah's wiggling her eyes in a suggestive fashion making Taehyun laugh because it looks out of place on her lovely face. "We," Danah says gesturing between them "... are going to find out who that guy is."

There's no arguing with Danah at that point. Once she makes her mind up, its made up and Taehyun simply goes along for the ride. It makes Taehyun wonder too, the whole day in fact, whether Danah's hypothesis is true and that Mino is putting his crush' profile on paper. He decides he will ask Mino about it, because being known as Taehyun's boyfriend is not going to help Mino get his crush at all. Taehyun will never want to jeopardise Mino's chances of romance with his own problems. He wonders why Mino even agreed to be his fake boyfriend if he already has his sights on someone. 

"So..." Danah sidles up to his desk during break with her packed lunch in hand. The students usually have lunch in the classroom, or outside on the fields since there is no cafeteria. Taehyun takes out his own lunchbox. "I have drama practice today," she announces.

"Oh, then I should tell your brother not to come," Taehyun takes his phone out ready to type out a message.

"No, you don't have to," she protests and her voice becomes a whisper. "You can't miss a single day to make you-know-who jealous," she says and glances over to the other side of the classroom where Jongsik is sitting talking with his friends. "I think your plan would work better if I am not tagging along to your 'dates'." she makes air-quotes with her fingers.

"But I always accompany you to drama practice." Since Danah and he do not have other friends in the school, they accompany each other to their extra-curricular activities even though they have different interests; Danah with acting and Taehyun; painting.

"I'll be fine. It's for the school annual day and we will have our drama teacher with us supervising. I only have to focus on my role and I don't have to worry about being left out."

"Are you sure?" Taehyun is not entirely convinced. High school can be pretty vicious on the loners.

"Absolutely. Also, we will be having practice after school every day from now on until the D-day so... I will let you know if it's totally awful okay."

"Okay." Taehyun acquiesces. "I will come running."

"I know you will but I am sure it will be fine."

Taehyun walks out of the school and spots Mino at the gates. He's casually leaning against the cement beam, looking at his phone. He is a vision of nonchalance. Taehyun wishes he can feel the same. After last night, his nerves are on edge.

"Three days in a row?" Jongsik comments in Taehyun's ear when he sees Mino at the gates again.

Taehyun turns and faces Jongsuk squarely and is barely inches away from the face he liked so much. Taehyun wants to scream at him to get his act together and just ask him back already. Instead, he says, "For someone who just dumped me you're awfully interested in my life."

"Me? Just wondering what he sees in you," Jongsik smirks. The comment almost hurt but the prettiness of the smirk catches the blow and reduces it to shreds. He is such a er for nice faces. "With perfect abs" his brain tells him.

"Oh I don't know. What everyone sees I guess, a walking, talking piece of art," Taehyun replies without missing a beat.

Jongsik shakes his head and takes a step back to stare at Taehyun. "I..." he starts but then closes his mouth.

Taehyun's stomach ties itself in knots in anticipation. Is Jongsik finally going to tell him he made a huge mistake? Taehyun raises his eyebrows, asking Jongsik to continue with whatever he was going to say, at that instant he's accosted by his friends, the moment gone. If looks could kill, Jongsik's friends will all have spontaneously combusted on the ground then and there with the ferocity of the glare Taehyun's throwing their way.

However, they all look healthy and not anything close to dying so Taehyun shrugs it off, puts on a smile and approaches Mino who is no longer playing with his phone but looking at Taehyun curiously.

"Does that mean what I think it is?" Mino gestures towards Jongsik's direction. Taehyun guesses he saw the exchange between him and Jongsuk, asking if they are back together.

"If you mean to say his friends are pieces of trash then yes, exactly," Taehyun sulks.

Mino takes a deep breath and then exhales. "Well, I guess that means we just need more ammunition," he says and comes closer to Taehyun, much like that first time in Mino's room. He gingerly takes a lock of hair from the side of Taehyun's face and neatly places it behind Taehyun's ear, careful not to touch Taehyun's skin. Mino has always stayed clear of touching him. Taehyun wonders why for a brief moment but shakes it off. He is sure the answer will hurt him. Mino then leans in as if he's going to whisper something in his ear. Taehyun's whole body tenses, again, exactly like the last time. Mino is too close, much too close and he can smell that citrusy 'rugged' cologne, Taehyun has decided to go with rugged, and a hint of something natural that seems to emanate from Mino's body. "Now laugh as if I am telling you something funny," Mino whispers into his ears.

It takes a few seconds before Taehyun properly registers what Mino's saying, too focussed on the warm breath. And when the words did finally register, he lets out a giggle, a really nervous giggle and he can see the corners of Mino's mouth twist upwards for a smile. Then he shoves Mino lightly on the chest, not hard enough to push him away but just enough to create a foot of space between Mino's mouth and his ear. "Stop," he giggles out loud. Okay, he is getting good at this acting business. Maybe he should audition for that school play.

"He's watching," Mino says between closed teeth like a professional ventriloquist 

Taehyun lifts his hand to rest where he had shoved Mino, right above his heart. Mino's heart seems to be beating really fast, for some reason. Taehyun figures it is the thrill of acting. He casts his head downwards to act the part of a coy teenager and is left aghast at what he sees: his right leg is bent backward at the knee, his toe is tapping the ground nervously. He is the true image of all the smitten girls he has seen in movies. He's appalled. He has no idea why his leg is doing that on its own accord. He wonders if that has ever happened with Jongsik, and if other people have seen him like that. He quickly straightens his legs and takes his hand away from Mino's chest. "Let's go." His words come out gruff.

Mino must have sensed the change in Taehyun because he asks "What's wrong?" as soon as they are a few steps away from the school gates.

"Nothing," Taehyun snaps. Mino looks like he's just been slapped on the face. Taehyun immediately regrets his words and apologises. "Really, its nothing," he says in a quieter tone. "It's not your fault," he says without thinking but something feels off. It seems like it's Mino's fault somehow. However, he cannot afford to invite Mino's wrath and he feels better apologising.

"Okay," Mino says, not looking convinced at all but he smiles anyway. "Just so you know, your ex and company are behind us, so... you should let me know if you're sticking to the plan."

Taehyun almost turns his head around to see what Mino's talking about but quickly rights himself. For a while he has forgotten about the existence of Jongsik. "Yes, right," he hides his fluster behind a cough and walks closer to Mino, their shoulders touching with every step they take, no thanks to Mino.

Jongsik does not bother the two of them on the way home, however, Taehyun can feel his gaze at the back of his neck and it makes his hair prickle with unspeakable delight. It's quiet for a while, until Taehyun realises they should be talking at least to give Jongsik something to think about. He wonders why Mino's so quiet, then realises maybe Mino is still angry at him. He wants to make things right.

"So..." he starts gingerly. Mino turns to look his way. "Uh, I wanted to talk to you about that picture," he says the first thing that's on his mind, and the picture has been haunting his thoughts the whole day.

"Oh don't worry about it. I wouldn't show it to anyone. Like Article 2. Clause 2 said, the slave should not be required to do something which can lead to public humiliation," Mino is almost grinning, almost.

Taehyun realises Mino is quoting their fake-dating agreement, word for word. "Thanks but... I meant the other pic, the faux-renaissance drawing you did," he breaches the subject gingerly.

Mino visibly tensed at the mention of said picture. Taehyun wonders if he should drop the subject matter, but if he doesn't say it now he will never forgive himself.

"I"m sorry," Taehyun raises his hands in front of his chest to prove he was serious. "We shouldn't have been snooping. But Danah had convinced me this morning that it might be a picture of a crush or something."

"What?"

"It's not?"

Mino's silence is an answer in itself.

"If it is a crush, I wanted to tell you that you don't have to continue to do this for me, you know? if it will in any way cause your crush to have misunderstandings."

"You don't have any idea about the guy in the picture, do you?" Mino asks.

"No. Should I? Is he a celebrity?"

"Not at all," Mino smiles. His shoulders are less tense now, Taehyun is glad to see. "And I don't think it will foil my plans to be with him."

"I knew it! So it is a crush."

The blush on Mino's face is very telling.

"So you mean to say you fake-dating me won't cause problems?" Taehyun wants to make sure. "Because I wouldn't want to put you in that spot."

"Nah. I think this might even make it better."

A thought crosses Taehyun's mind and he claps his hands together in excitement. "Oh, I get it. Yes, this can work both ways. Maybe your crush should see us together. Then he would know you're quite a catch, and that he would lose you if he didn't act fast. After that, we can fake breakup and you can ask him out. This is perfect!"

"Are you saying that to get out of your slave agreement?" Mino narrows his eyes at Taehyun in suspicion.

Taehyun is quick to deny. That has not even crossed his mind. "Wasn't that what you were thinking? When you said our fake relationship may work in your favour?" he is a little confused.

Mino gives him a long look, literally stopping on the sidewalk, making Taehyun squirm a little with discomfort. "Yeah," he says finally with a smile. "Yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking."

"Great, so the slave contract is void?" Taehyun can't help himself.

"Yah!" Mino lets out a growl but it is without malice. Taehyun suddenly has a great spurt of confidence, maybe from the softness of Mino's eyes. He can't pinpoint it but something is different.

He darts out his tongue to tease and then runs forward screaming "I am going to tear up our contract and write a new one," with Mino close at his heels.

"Yah! Brat! I am not losing a slave that easily," Mino shouts behind him.

Taehyun skids to a halt, suddenly realising where they are. They have already reached the main gate to their apartment complex. He takes no notice of Mino reaching his side and looks behind him. Jongsik and his friends are nowhere to be seen. Of course they wouldn't, because Jongsik's English class is located quite close to the school, so he and Mino must have been walking without being followed this entire time. He has forgotten all about Jongsik, for the second time that day.

"What's wrong?" Mino asks beside him. "Did you drop something?"

"Jongsik," Taehyun mumbles.

"Oh, your ex?" Mino says the words like there's an awful taste in his mouth. "Are you afraid he may have overheard? He entered this really fancy building ages ago," Mino supplies.

"Of course," Taehyun smiles, glad. 

"Honey!" A woman's voice calls which Taehyun recognises to be his mom's and whips his head around. Sure enough, there's his mother driving into the entrance of the gate. "You're back early? And is this the boyfriend I keep hearing about?" she calls from inside the car. Taehyun winces inwardly. 

"Yes, Mother. Nice to meet you, I'm Song Minho," Mino bows respectfully towards the open car window, causing Taehyun to open his eyes wide.

"What are you doing?" he speaks through clenched teeth.

"Article 4?" Mino's eyebrow shoots up, giving Taehyun chills. The annoyingly confident smirk is in place now on Mino's mischievous face, Taehyun has no idea what the older guy is planning, he is sure it's nothing good.

"What are you two whispering about? Taehyun, invite your boyfriend for snacks. I went grocery shopping on the way home," his mother cheerily calls out before closing the window again and drives off before Taehyun can protest.

When Taehyun and Mino reach the apartment his mom is already inside. "Mom, I'm going to show Mino my room okay," Taehyun shouts to his mother in the kitchen and ushers Mino forward.

"See? No 'hyung'," Mino mutters but he's smiling.

Taehyun ignores it and they enter his room. Right now he does not have time to dwell on why he finds it so difficult to call Mino, hyung. He locks the door behind him, then turns around to see Mino inspecting his room. 

"Your room is very... minimal," is his judgement.

"Okay, first, sit down. We need to come up with a story to tell my mom," Taehyun is wringing his hand with nervousness.

Mino seems the exact opposite of him, calm with a playful smile. He sits down on Taehyun's chair. "Does your mother think I am your ex-boyfriend whatsisname?" Taehyun is sure Mino is planning something, but he has no idea what.

Taehyun slumps down on the bed. He hates lying to his mother, he hates making her sad even more. He does not want her to know Jongsik had broken up with him when Taehyun had been gushing about him for weeks. And she certainly does not need to know that he had employed the services of Danah's brother to pretend to be in love with him. She will definitely disapprove of that. "Yes," he groans out loud.

"So I have to act like I am your classmate?" Mino enquires.

Taehyun has to think about that. He can't remember a time when he told his mom that Jongsik is his classmate. The only thing he ever told his mom was how good looking he is, how they usually walk home together, how he is good at basketball or that they are going out on dates. "I don't think you have to. I haven't told her specifics. So you can be yourself, except we have been dating for 3 months now."

"Okay," comes Mino's simple reply. Taehyun thinks he is being too easygoing about this.

"We should... I don't know... probably practice being comfortable around each other too, like maybe holding hands," Taehyun winces outwardly when he says it, afraid Mino is going to give him hell for that. The only reason he suggested that is because Jongsik and he always walk home with linked hands, and he told his mother about that. It seems important to him somehow.

"Okay," Mino simply replies, seemingly unperturbed with the need to show public display of affection. Taehyun can't believe it is the Song Minho he knew who is sitting in front of him, the Song Minho who minutes ago tried very hard to not let their shoulders touch each other while walking, is agreeing to hold his hands for the sake of his mother. "Anything else I should know?"

That gives Taehyun the courage to go on. "We should probably know more about each other," he says and tells Mino all the things that he and Jongsik used to do together, in case his mother ask some questions. "I know now that you're going to college studying mechanical engineering, you work part-time at a garage, and you like to draw."

"Well, that's pretty much my whole life. And I know you like to paint and that you plan on going to Seoul School of Arts, your birthday is on May 10th for which I gave you a stuffed cat..."

"Wait, Danah gave me that."

"We'll pretend its from me. She may ask since it was just a few months ago. You hate maths and you flip your hair when you're annoyed. Am I right so far?"

Taehyun is surprised. He has no idea when Mino's birthday is or what he does when he is annoyed. He doesn't even know what Mino hates, well, apart from Taehyun that is. He briefly wonders what went wrong all those years they knew each other but he quickly shoves the thought at the back of his head. "Yes," he manages to speak.

"Well then, shall we go lie our heads off to your mother?" Mino slaps his thighs and stands up. Taehyun merely follows. Mino has a way of leading which is quite refreshing to Taehyun. With Jongsik it always seems like Taehyun has to do all the work.

Taehyun's mom has pressed juice in glasses with vegetable pancakes and other finger fritters on the table. Taehyun's mom starts with the questions as soon as they sit down, asking Minho about his day, completely ignoring her own son. Mino answers with what looks like a genuine smile on his face, telling her about college and his part-time job at the garage. Taehyun's mom looks at him like a long-lost son.

"Wow! You're even working for your own expenses. That is so commendable," she looks at her son pointedly as she says that. Taehyun pretends he cannot hear.

"I just like building things, creating stuff out of something, so it doesn't really seem like work. And repairing comes with creating," Mino is being modest.

"I have to wonder what you see in my son? Taehyun can be quite difficult, right?" Taehyun's mom blurts out. 

"Mom," Taehyun whines.

"Yeah," Mino laughs. Taehyun whips his head around ready to sock Mino in the face for agreeing with his mom. Difficult? Him? He is the most angelic person he knows, and he is not being biased at all. Taehyun braces himself for whatever evil Mino is planning to start. "But then he smiles that smile of his, everything is fine again." Mino continues as if Taehyun has not been glaring at him.

His mom laughs at the admission. "Ah, you aren't immune to that smile either?" she seems quite happy about it. Taehyun has no idea what they are talking about.

"I'm right here, guys," he protests.

"I can see it runs in the family," Mino comments, looking at his mother. His mother has the audacity to giggle at that too. What is happening?

"But truthfully," his mom's tone puts on a more serious note. "I get notes from his teachers everytime he changes his hair colour, and the piercings too. And Taehyun here does not care at all."

"Well, Taehyun-ie is a free spirit," Mino says and lifts his left hand to rest on Taehyun's right hand that he has placed on the table between them. Taehyun stiffens, surprised at the sudden contact. He stares at the place they are touching like it is the strangest thing he has ever seen in his life. Also, did Mino just call him by a familiar name? "And that's what I like about him. He is an artist. I am sure you have raised him to push boundaries and make roads for himself."

Taehyun can see surprise etch on his mother's face. Her plan to make Taehyun toe the line fails completely and it gives him a sense of satisfaction. He unwinds his nerves and moves his hand. Mino is about to take his hand away but Taehyun catches him and intertwines their hands. They seem to fit perfectly. Mino's palms are a little rough, probably from his mechanical work. Taehyun finds he likes that. He looks at the contrast of their colour, so different yet it portrays a complete picture. Is something as simple as hand-holding suppose to make a person think all these things? He squeezes Mino's hand a little, a silent thank you for being nice and saving him. His mother never really flat out tells him that he is forbidden to do certain things, although he knows she's mildly disapproving of his choices.

"Well, that is true. I don't even know where he gets his talents from," his mother has a proud air about her now. But wait, did Mino just say he likes Taehyun?

"Don't sell yourself short. I am sure Taehyun got all his good qualities from you," Mino is saying, and all Taehyun can think of is how good of an actor Mino is. Maybe he should be an actor instead of Danah. Or maybe acting runs in the Song family.

 "You're too kind," the smile on his mom's face is increasingly growing wider. Is Mino seriously flirting with his mom? "It can be difficult, you know... with his dad gone ..."

"Mom!" Taehyun's voice halts his mom in mid-speech. Their laced hands fling apart with Taehyun's outburst. He cannot believe his mother is about to spill the family's business to someone she just met, and that too to Taehyun's fake boyfriend.

His mother seems to understand Taehyun's warning. "I'm sorry. What was I thinking? You are too easy to talk to, Minho, such a nice boy," she apologises in Mino's direction.

"No need to apologise."

"I hope my son doesn't drive you away," she adds.

"Oh I plan to be in Taehyun's life for a long long time, as long as he will have me," Mino smiles and continues to compliment the food in the same vein, as if he didn't just say something about a future that is quite uncertain. The food was made by Taehyun, because Taehyun's mom doesn't know how to cook. But Mino does not know that and he makes it seem like it is all because of her that he ate so well.

Taehyun is a little angry. How can Mino promise his mother something like that when they both know this is not going to last. Their contract has an expiry date. Now he is going to break his poor mother's heart. How dare Mino make himself so likable. Taehyun's mother has a weak heart, of the emotional kind. She has never really been the same after her husband left, prone to anxiety attacks and depression. Taehyun treats her like she's made of glass, never making her worry more than necessary. She hopes she will take the fake-breakup well.

"Thank you for the snacks," Mino is saying, scraping his chair back to stand up. Taehyun realises Mino is ready to leave, he belatedly remembers the part-time job Mino has.

"Ah, yes. Mom, Mino has to go," Taehyun stands up next to Mino.

"Right. Well, come by anytime you want dear," she says and waves them away. Taehyun walks out to the corridor with Mino.

"What the hell was that?" he whispers as soon as the door close behind them. Mino looks like he has no idea what Taehyun is talking about. "Why did you tell my mom you plan to be with me as if you don't know we are under a contract which will be dissolved any moment now. What were you thinking?" 

Mino looks confused for a moment and then anger flashes across his features. "Well, we wouldn't have been in this mess if you hadn't put Article 4 in the damn contract."

"Saying you're my boyfriend was one thing, but pretending there was going to be a future was completely out of the line. You made my mother like you and now she is going to be devastated when we "Fake" break up," Taehyun angrily makes air quotes with his hands. "How dare you give her hope?"

"Well excuse me for trying to be nice for once. I will never do that again. I even missed an hour of work today because of stupid tea-time with your mother," Mino grits out. Taehyun visibly recoils, offended. 

"Hey, nobody asked you to come okay. You could have declined."

"Yeah, I will from now on. You can tell your mother you literally drove me away. She'll believe you. Now move, I have to go to work," Mino shoves Taehyun away and stomps down the stairs. Taehyun can hear every angry footstep hitting the ground.

Taehyun goes back inside and slams the front door harder than necessary. His mother sends a questioning gaze his way but he ignores it and goes straight to his room, careful not to slam the door again in case his mother will worry more than necessary. His fists are clenched at his sides. He takes deep breaths to calm himself before he deems himself ready to face the world again. He changes out of his school uniform and puts on his favorite shirt, a black one with open sides much like the one Mino was wearing the day before. The shirt is old and has holes in them, but he never has the heart to throw it away. Wearing it always makes him feel nice. He puts on his favourite set of silver bangles and smiles to himself as they make jingling sounds when they came in contact with each other. His favourite pair of shredded jeans are next, shredded and not artistically distressed. He feels better now. He settles down on his bed, contemplating whether he should cancel the contract or not. He is sure Mino will agree to that in a heartbeat.

However, after a few moments of silent pondering, he decides it is in his best interest not to terminate the contract. He also understands Mino's argument. Taehyun really has no one to blame but himself. Of course Mino may have crossed the line talking about the future, maybe he was too caught up in his role as Jongsik that he had assumed things. Also, he was the one who put Article 4 in the contract, Mino was only being respectful of it. He even studied the stupid contract word for word.

He wants to ask Danah for advise, but realises their situation will put her in a tight spot. She will not be objective about this at all, with her brother on one hand and best friend on the other. His heart is telling him to apologise so that the fake relationship can continue as planned. His ego is telling him not to. His brain is stubbornly silent on the matter. He decides to go with apology.

He fishes his phone out of his pocket when it beeps to signify a new message. As if there is some telepathy working between the two of them, the message is from Mino.

Song Minho: Your ex is here

Song Minho: At the garage for car repairs with his father I think

Song Minho: What's the plan?

Taehyun has some quick thinking to do because there's no time. Mino is obviously asking him because of what happened a few moments back, he may have had similar feelings about the contract. He types the first thing that comes to his mind.

Nam Taehyun: I'm coming... pretending to pick you up. I guess we are together now

Nam Taehyun: If that's alright with you?

Nam Taehyun: And I'm sorry about today

Taehyun nervously waits for a reply. He doesn't have to wait long.

Song Minho: Ok here's the address. And all is forgiven. Your mother is really nice.

Taehyun walks out of his room just as his younger brother came home from his own school which is located further away. He says quick byes telling his family he will not be out long and rushes out of the apartment, but not before telling his brother to complete his homework because he will check it later. He hails a cab to take him to Mino's place of work.

The garage is grimier than he expects, although it is huge. There's black oil and grease scattered around the main entrance. There are loud clanking of noises as well as scraping sounds near the back. The front has a few cars in different stages of disrepair- a completely run down Toyota, a fairly new Hyundai, and a Mercedes Benz. No one greets him at the entrance so he moves further inwards towards the sounds.

He must be at the right place, because there's Mino, with light blue overalls. The top of the overall is tied around his waist and he's wearing a white tank top that has been splattered with black grease. Even his tanned arms have the same dirt on them. He has on a mask to protect his eyes since he is working with something that gave off a lot of sparks. Taehyun has no idea what it is. He also has no idea how he is able to recognise Mino with the mask on. His black mohawk has flattened on his head, his arms are rippled with muscles straining from whatever he is working on. Taehyun has to stop and stare. Song Minho looks absolutely gorgeous. 

Taehyun stands rooted to his spot, a part of him wants to just stand and continue staring, another part is afraid of the golden sparks emitting from Mino's machine. Taehyun wonders if Mino will have been better off wearing the jacket of the jumpsuit for protection, but he doesn't want to be rid of the delectable sight. He figures the mechanic will know better than to put himself in harm's way on purpose.

The sparks stop. Mino takes off his eyemask to inspect his work. He must have sensed Taehyun's presence then because he turns around and his eyes land directly on Taehyun. Taehyun gulps. He hopes he can hide the attraction he feels at the moment. "Focus on the fact that he is a total " he reminds himself and walks over to the guy.

"Hi," he says and gives an awkward wave.

Before Mino can reply someone calls for him from further back. Mino gestures for Taehyun to follow. They go inside what seems to be an office. A man is sitting there, about to be in his fifties, on a chair with the desk. Taehyun assumes he's Mino's boss. Then he notices two other people sitting on the chairs meant for clients. A man with a dark blue suit and Jongsik, who seems surprised to see Taehyun there.

"Did you check out the car?" the man behind the desk asked.

"Yes. Just a fender bender, sir," Mino replies.

"I know that. We were discussing price. The bumper needs to be fixed. Can you do it alone since Hyuk called in sick?" the boss asks.

"Sure," is Mino's simple reply.

"Okay. Get to it then. And who's that?" the boss seems to notice Taehyun finally.

"My... um... this is Taehyun," Mino introduces. Taehyun gives a small bow. 

"Ah, the Taehyun," the boss has a smile on his pudgy face, but it's warm. "I hope you're not here to distract."

"Not at all," Taehyun raises his hands to deny the allegation. Mino and Jongsik both have perplexed expressions on their faces. Taehyun is no better. He has no idea how the boss knows him. Did Mino tell the boss he will be coming?

Mino goes out of the room without a further word with Taehyun in tow. Jongsik follows with the man in the suit. As soon as they left the office Taehyun can hear the man scolding Jongsik behind them. "They said it won't take more than a few hours so you stay here and wait. I have to get back to the office. And don't you dare try to take out my car for a joy-ride again. You call me the minute it's done, you hear me?"

Taehyun hears Jongsik mumble a "Yes, father." Then the man leaves the three of them alone. With the man gone Jongsik seems to come back to his usual self. "Didn't know you were a repair guy. I could guess you take your clients' cars for a spin to show off, eh?" Jongsik taunts Mino who is busy trying to get the scraped bumper off the Mercedes Taehyun had seen on the way in. Mino simply chuckles, obviously not finding the need to humour Jongsik's taunt with a reply.

When it is clear Mino is ignoring him, Jongsik turns his attention to Taehyun. "And what are you doing here? And what the hell are you wearing?"

"I came to pick him up coz we had a date. And if it weren't for your little accident we would have been on our way," Taehyun replies with a smile.

Jongsik flushes at the words. It must have dawned on him that Taehyun overheard the lecture his father had given him.

"So you're dating now?"

"Maybe," Taehyun's tone is flippant. "What's it to you?" 

Mino is calmly going on with his work, Taehyun realises they can possibly be there a while so he looks for a place to sit. There seem to be none. He tries the front door of the Hyundai which opens, giving him access to the front seat. He seats himself sideways with his legs still planted on the ground.

"You're dating a car mechanic," Jongsik leers openly, as if being a car mechanic is beneath his social status. Taehyun's nose flares up.

"Hey! I will have you know Mino is studying..."

"Oh will you please shut it, you two," Mino's voice cuts him off when he is just about to lay it on thick to Jongsik defending Mino. "If you're going to quarrel like children take it outside." He gives a threatening glare to Taehyun, telling him he doesn't need to be vindicated. Taehyun clams his mouth shut, albeit grudgingly.

They are all quiet for a while, with only the sound of Mino working ricocheting in the space. Taehyun has the same feeling of intense pleasure watching Mino work. He can't take his eyes off the guy which leads to there being several instances of eye contact between the two of them. Taehyun is sure he feels a little flushed. He checks his forehead with his palm for temperature, wanting badly for the flush to mean he is going to be sick rather than admit he feels something for Mino.

"Why are you wearing those stupid bangles again?" Jongsik's voice penetrates his thoughts. Taehyun turns his head. Oh. You're still here. Jongsik is resting his back against the body of the Hyundai, next to Taehyun's open door.

"I like them," Taehyun holds his arm out and let his bangles jingle a bit. He thinks he can hear Mino snort, but when he looks, Mino seemed to be concentrated on his work.

"You should wear the cuff I gave you. I have much better taste," Jongsik comments.

Taehyun brims with delight. Jongsik really is not over him. He smiles to himself. This time, he accepts the warm flush of his body like a favourite pillow- with open arms. "Did you skip your English class today?" Taehyun asks, changing the subject.

"Yeah. I already know everything anyway. Me and the guys decided to be adventurous and that happened," Jongsik gestures to the car Mino is busy trying to fix.

"Didn't know you had a wild side," Taehyun smiles, his flirty smile.

"Does that excite you?" Jongsik is also smirking.

There's a loud clang, interrupting their conversation. They both turn to the direction of the noise to see the bumper had fallen off the car now.

"Yah! Watch it. That's an E-class Merc!" Jongsik snarls.

"If it mattered that much to you why did you bump it," comes Mino's reply. The first words he has directly spoken to Jongsik. He leaves the area and comes back in moments with a new bumper. It is obvious the old bumper will no longer have use so there was no need for Jongsik's outburst.

"I don't know if he can be trusted with an expensive car like that," Jongsik mumbles to himself.

"I've dealt with better," Mino comments dryly, not even bothering to look in their direction.

"Maybe my presence here is a distraction," Jongsik says louder this time. "I am afraid you seeing your boyfriend chatting with an ex would cause you to take it out on my car," he jeers and walks towards the back in the direction of the Boss' office.

"Your father's car," Taehyun and Mino say out loud at the same time, making them turn towards each other in surprise and amusement.

"Why do you let him talk to you like that?" Mino asks him, considering Taehyun's face with a serious expression.

"Like what?" Taehyun replies but he knows what Mino means. He also knows Mino knows that he knows, because the guy only quirks up his eyebrow as a reply. "He's a guy. You know how they are. Its difficult for him to get his feelings out in a proper way," Taehyun explains. 

"We are all guys here," Mino says, getting back to his work.

"Exactly. So you know its easier to be sarcastic than being honest with your feelings. It's his way of saying he still likes me. He wants me to wear the ugly leather cuff he got for me when he could have asked for it back. See?" Taehyun defends Jongsik.

"I don't think..." Mino starts but did not continue.

"Oh come on! You know its true. I'm not saying its admirable, but it is what it is. We just grow up slower than other es is all. We are still those boys in the playground who terrorise the kids they like because we can't come to terms with our feelings, also not knowing how to express them."

Mino seems to think for a while, or maybe he isn't really listening, Taehyun isn't sure. He doesn't blame him though. He has tried enough times to defend Jongsik in the same manner to Danah but they always fall on deaf ears. Danah simply believes Jongsik should be taught better, that he should learn to understand when he comes across as mean. However, Taehyun knows he is also guilty of being inappropriately snarky when he is supposed to be nice. He has been working on it too.

"I guess that knowledge makes you more evolved than the entire male population, huh?" Mino says. It is supposed to be a taunt, however, something tells Taehyun that there is a harmless teasing tone to it.

"Obviously," he shrugs with a smile.

"You're more humble than I thought," Mino smiles too.

"Hey! I resent that," Taehyun raises his voice in mock anger. "I will not allow you to tarnish my reputation by calling me humble."

Mino chuckles and goes back to his work. A few minutes pass and he is done. Taehyun waits out front while Mino goes to the back to let his boss know. The three guys all come to inspect the work. *

Mino is ready to leave after he changed in the back. Taehyun waits for him at the entrance and sees how Mino has changed back to being Danah's obnoxious brother. Jongsik is on the phone, possibly with his father, however, Taehyun goes to hug Mino for his benefit.

Mino's chest is wide and strong, all lean muscles and he has the smell Taehyun had familiarised himself with. He gives a quick squeeze. When he realises Mino is not hugging he lets him go, letting his arms fall awkwardly at his sides.

"That was your big plan?" Mino lips quiver as if he is holding back laughter. They walk away from the garage, with Taehyun glancing back to check if Jongsik is looking their way. He is.

"I don't want him to think I am completely unavailable," Taehyun retorts.

"So impolite. I wonder what your ex will think when you were blatantly flirting with him while your current boyfriend was right there," Mino rattles, his words were teasing.

"Fake boyfriend," Taehyun reiterates.

"Well he doesn't know that does he?" 

Mino is right, Taehyun thinks. He can only hope Jongsik don't think he is flaky. He has forgotten for a moment he is supposed to be in a relationship, even if it is only for show. Taehyun certainly didn't show it today, except for the last bit.

Mino must have been exhausted because he does not give Taehyun any tasks to do that evening. It's late, almost dinner time so they separate and go on their ways. Taehyun feels he does not need to remind Mino that he is supposed to be slaving for him.

---------------------------------

*A/N: I have no idea how they repair vehicle bumpers or how much time it takes. I am too lazy to research.

Quite a long chapter. Hope you're not bored.

P.S. My Namsong ship has not sunk. Hug Me was CLEARLY written for Mino I will fight whoever disagrees with me on this >: