Jung Mimi

The Little Mermaid

Dokyung was holding her arm as she was massaging it after a struggling moment of lifting heavy objects. She moved to the university dorm and had to move stuff herself so she gets a bit of a defective arm.

“Yah, let me hold your arm.” A girl with a cute voice spoke.

Dokyung looked at her back, seeing fellow students ogling of her. But a female student waltzing towards her caught almost everyone's attention. She reckoned that she was the one who spoke.

The said girl went to hold Dokyung's arm. Dokyung was befuddled. "Excuse me, do I know you?"

"That's YalMimi, Dokyung-ssi." A student spoke for her.

"Hey!" The girl whined the faced Dokyung. "That's Jung Mimi, pretty."

Dokyung could only nod lightly but she was shocked that Mimi pulled her and they went somewhere, leaving the rest of the students dumbfounded.

+++

"Baby~~"

Dokyung sighed as she got up from her nap and saw a girl running closer towards her. It was Mimi.

Jung Mimi was the crazy one and the cute one as the students say. She was witty at some points and enjoys baking and watching dramas, in TV and in the real world. She also likes girls with broad shoulders, in which some students found intriguing. And it turns out Dokyung was the y and cute goddess that had broad shoulders.

Dokyung face-palmed of her predicament when Mimi sat next to her and leaned onto her shoulders. Dokyung could get her phone and play a game and Mimi just watched her.

"Hi, baby~" Mimi spoke.

"Hey." Dokyung didn't look at her as she still played.

Mimi pinched Dokyung's cheek and leaned on her shoulder again. Dokyung sighed when the class bell rung. Dokyung got herself off. She had to go back to her class when she felt someone hug her. It was Mimi.

“I love your shoulders, Dokyungie~” Mimi felt the muscles. “If you were a man, I’d marry you.”

Dokyung could only compliment her and went off, with Mimi holding her arm and walking beside her. Dokyung could only sigh. It was going to be a long day.

+++

Lunchtime came and Dokyung went to the canteen. Some students who were her admirers came to get a glimpse of their goddess when they stopped to see Mimi. Mimi squeezed in the queue to hug Dokyung again.

"Hi, baby." Mimi grinned.

Dokyung didn't like the call but then, she didn't give a damn. "Oh, hey, Mimi."

"Have lunch with me." Mimi said.

Dokyung nodded. As they got their food, they shared a table and ate peacefully. For Mimi, she was quite troublesome but she always did that for some reasons and one of them was to get Dokyung's attention.

“Your shoulders…” Mimi giggled as she went to Dokyung's side and hugged her. “You're so cute and hot.”

Dokyung was shocked that Mimi was done wtih her meal all while she was flushed of her compliment. Dokyung could only resume her meal as Mimi clung onto her like a koala bear.

With the day up ahead, Mimi would wait by Dokyung's classroom and as Dokyung got out, Mimi would walk with her towards the exit. They managed to exchange numbers before going home.

Dokyung got to her home when she got a message from someone.

From: YalMimi

Dokyungie <3 Work on your shoulders again. If only I can hug you and your arms. I could’ve slept well.

Dokyung sighed and texted the usual greetings as she got inside.

+++

“Go long!” Hangyeol threw a baseball.

Dokyung was running with her mitten as she caught the ball with ease. Dokyung huffed and got applauds from her admirers sitting on the bleachers. Dokyung smiled and bowed as they squealed. Hangyeol went to her and gave her a playful head-lock.

“Damn, Dokyung. You really are a goddess.” Hangyeol grinned. “You won the heart of the ladies watching.”

“Thanks for reminding me, Hangyeol.” Dokyung laughed lightly.

Dokyung continued playing with Hangyeol and her team. From a distance, the cheerleading team were doing their lifts. And one of them was utterly familiar.

“Jung Mimi~” Her admirers cheered.

Mimi was always devoted to cheerleading. She was the main cheerleader of the team. As she was lifted, she could see the field, even the oh-so-gorgeous Shim Dokyung.

She would ogle of Dokyung. She was wearing a sleeveless shirt, her jacket wrapped on her waist as she plays catch with Hangyeol and the team. She could see how broad her shoulders were and when she flexed her arms to catch the ball, she would squeal. But when she is put down, she whines. She couldn’t get a good view of Dokyung.

*tack*

Mimi winced as she got hit by a baseball. Everyone on the cheerleading team was still, seeing Mimi getting provoked by the minute. She was angry as she faced the people who were playing catch. “Who threw this?!”

Dokyung saw Hangyeol getting scared. Dokyung had to save her so she went to the cheerleading team to clear things up. Mimi saw her and somehow, her anger lessened.

“Hangyeol didn’t mean to hit you, Mimi. My bad…” Dokyung apologized.

Mimi pouted, grinning at the sight of her. She nodded and Dokyung smiled at her, causing Mimi’s heart to beat quickly. Mimi lowered her head lightly and gave the ball back to Dokyung. “Here. Mind me for being angry.”

“Thank you.” Dokyung said, patting Mimi’s head. “You can resume practice now.”

Dokyung went back, telling Hangyeol for them to play somewhere else. Mimi somehow heard this and refuted. “It’s okay, Dokyungie~! You can continue playing at the same spot!”

Dokyung nodded and Mimi giggled. The cheerleading team went back to practice as Mimi would get excited to be lifted to see Dokyung. Next was the major lift wherein Mimi would be lifted a couple of times. Mimi loved the feeling of being in mid-air as much as she loved seeing Dokyung play.
She saw that Dokyung and her team stopped playing and looking at them. Mimi was flustered and she never thought Dokyung stayed to watch. With that, she was eager to do the practice well for Dokyung.

The last part of the practice was the helicopter lift. Mimi would be doing it again and prayed she would do her best. As she got into position, she was lifted like a twisting propeller and succeeded for two attempts. On the third, Mimi was lifted but her positioning was off-balance. Mimi would’ve fallen when someone caught her.

Everyone cheered. Mimi looked and there was Dokyung, her precious knight that caught her. Mimi gulped, feeling her shoulders and her gaze on Dokyung’s. 

“Are you okay?” She asked.

Mimi could only nod as her heart beated frantically.

Could this be love?

+++

Mimi was by the door as she scurries her feet on her place, almost kneeling herself to some deity to change her pavement of admiration. But how can the troublesome cutie do that when she was already on her straight path of admiration? And who knew it had to do with the goddess with her broad shoulders?

As soon as she got to the door, the class greeted her. "Good morning, Dokyung-ssi."

"Good morning, everyone." Dokyung smiled then had a look. "Something seems different."

"What is it, Dokyungie? Is it everyone?" Mimi asked and Dokyung faced her, almost shocked that she was by the door this whole time.

The class reacted and Dokyung sighed, greeting Mimi a good morning. Mimi grinned cutely and hugged Dokyung as they decided to sit together. For Mimi, times like these mean a lot.

Because to her, she was falling slowly for Dokyung.

+++

Mimi was walking around campus, wondering where Dokyung was, her senses on the watch. She got towards the kiosks, seeing Dokyung read silently. She was happy, almost prancing towards the goddess when she noticed another person hiding by the bushes, taking pictures of Dokyung. Mimi sighed and went to the spot, snatching the student's phone off of her little hands as if she owns it too.

Mimi scrolled onto the gallery and chuckled. “Wow, 1000 photos of Dokyung.” Mimi mumbled. “There are some pictures that I don’t have. Send me some.” 

She did it herself and once Mimi was done, she gave the phone back to the owner and told her to get lost. The student ran off and Mimi smirked when Dokyung was by her side, making her shocked.

"What are you doing there, Mimi?" Dokyung asked.

"Ahehehe...it's nothing, Dokyungie." Mimi assured her as she held her arm. "I saw you reading something. Shall we read together?"

Dokyung nodded and Mimi cheered on her thoughts. She scores another momen with her goddess.

+++

Dokyung was at the field, watching her friends play catch. Dokyung was taking a break as she felt a pain by her shoulder. Hangyeol got her break and slapped Dokyung’s shoulders, causing her to wince.

“Yah! That stings!” Dokyung gritted her teeth as she rubbed her left shoulder.

“Whoops…what happened to you? Why is it painful?” Hangyeol asked.

“Some kid by the street threw a hard ball at me.” Dokyung answered. “I almost scolded that brat. Then again, his mother was with him so I didn’t do so.”

“Dokyungie~” Dokyung and Hangyeol turned their heads to the side and there was Mimi.

Hangyeol went back to play, leaving Dokyung alone as Mimi sat next to her. “Hi, Dokyungie~”

“Hey.” Dokyung greeted. “You don’t have practice?”

“No…for now…” Mimi grinned and hugged her. “I miss hugging you~”

Dokyung sighed and lets her be. Mimi’s hands got to her shoulders when Dokyung winced.

“Omo-I’m so sorry, Dokyungie~” Mimi reacted and checked on Dokyung.

“It’s fine…” Dokyung huffed as she held her left shoulder.

Mimi grew worried and told her to get up. Dokyung wondered but she did just that and the next thing she knew, Mimi grabbed her hand and they went somewhere that only God knew where.

+++

“One medicinal patch, please.” Mimi said at the counter.

“Yah, Mimi…you don’t have to-“

“Hush!” Mimi squishes her cheeks. “You’re hurt…and I want to help you ease the pain on your shoulder~”

Mimi got to pay for the patch and dragged Dokyung back to campus. They got to a kiosk as she told Dokyung to sit down and stay still. 

“Which part does it hurt?” Mimi asked, slowly reaching for her left shoulder.

Dokyung felt Mimi’s fingers roam around her left shoulder. A part close to the neck made her wince. Mimi didn’t like the look on Dokyung’s face that she caressed it lightly, not wanting her to feel hurt again.

Mimi got the patch ready as Dokyung took off her uniform lightly. Mimi could drool of Dokyung’s fine shoulders with those delicious muscles yet she concentrated and it placed it exactly on that part. Dokyung huffed and was in relief as she puts her uniform back on. “I owe you one, Mimi.”

“You don’t have to, Dokyungie.” Mimi winked.

Mimi kissed her two fingers and poked it on Dokyung’s patch, causing Dokyung off guard. “I hope my kiss will heal it.”

Dokyung could only nod and Mimi squealed on how cute she was. “As much as I love to stay, I have an errand so I need to go.” Mimi hugged her again. “See you, Dokyungie~"

Dokyung nodded. Mimi blows her a flying kiss before she went off. Dokyung looked at the patch by her shoulder, chuckling as she held it gently.

+++

Dear Diary,

Fame was never a blessing nor a curse for me. It just happens. But I hope at the end of the day, no casualities happen because of this gift. I was utterly thankful that there weren't much of it but...one thing has come to mind, one person rather...

Jung Mimi.

She was actually pretty yet troublesome. She wasn't harming anyone sometimes and she wasn't harming me. In fact, she was actually so close to me, almost as if we were a thing. Now, that idea made me question of my feelings because to me...I'm starting to fall for it too.

Will it be alright? I hope so...

Shim Dokyung

Dokyung closes her diary and went to the lockers, placing the said notebook on her locker. She took books from her bag and replaced them with some books inside her locker and placed them inside her bag. As she closed the locker door, Mimi was by her side, smiling. Dokyung greeted her. "Hello, Mimi."

"Hi, Dokyungie~" Mimi giggled, looking down, fiddling her fingers. "Can we go to class together?"

"Say no more." Dokyung said and held Mimi's hand.

Mimi was taken aback but she and Dokyung walked together. Mimi held back, their fingers intertwining. Dokyung noticed that but she didn't mind. The two walking to class was shocking some students but Dokyung didn't do anything but kept holding Mimi's hand. Mimi smiled and went on with her moment with Dokyung.

+++

Dear Diary

Usually, I admire someone because he or she makes a name for herself, just like my impression on Shim Dokyung.

She’s a goddess, admired by many and admired by my fellow members, and now I felt the same thing. I couldn’t help it. Dokyungie was like the dream girl anyone would want, even girls. It was all too good to be true for Dokyungie. She was beautiful, inside and out.

From her broad shoulders to her caring personality, my sub-conscience told me that she could be the one. I proved that for a while until I got to a conclusion.

Dokyung is the one…

Jung Mimi


Mimi was taking a break from her cheer dance. Mimi flexed and went to sit by the benches. She saw Dokyung walking by as she was being followed by some admirers. Dokyung was putting her bag and took off her jacket, wearing a loose sleeveless shirt. Mimi noticed that and she wowed, especially the fit black sleeveless shirt underneath.

Dokyung was playing a good game of baseball. Mimi admired Dokyung’s stances and her long arms that throw the ball so smoothly. Mimi even squealed if Dokyung got a home run and when Dokyung caught the ball from the opposing team.
The break came in and Mimi noticed Dokyung wincing, holding her right arm. Mimi went down and got to Dokyung.

“Oh…hi, Mimi...” Dokyung greeted.

“Are you okay, Dokyungie?” Mimi asked.

“Yes, I-“ Dokyung stopped as she felt her arm hurt.

Dokyung resisted the pain when Mimi stopped her from playing again. Dokyung froze.

“You’re not playing again.” Mimi said. “We’re getting that arm healed.”

Dokyung sighed as she came with Mimi to the clinic. 

+++

“Oh my…” The nurse checks on Dokyung’s arm. “You might have snapped some tendons, Dokyung. I could recommend you some patches but until then, no baseball.”

“But-“

“No buts.” Mimi huffed. “Listen to the nurse. And besides, I won’t recommend you to play either.”

“As far as we all know, you’re the team’s best pitcher. But for now, you can’t play, Dokyung. I’m sorry.” The nurse sighed. “I’ll tell your coach about this and suspend you not only in baseball but in strenuous activities, especially in lifting heavy objects.”

Dokyung nodded, watching as Mimi holds her hand as the nurse patched her arm. Dokyung thanked the nurse, also checking if her arm could move just enough. 

Even in going out of the clinic, Mimi was by Dokyung’s side. Dokyung didn’t mind as she even thanked her for accompanying her.

“Aren’t you practices still on?” Dokyung asked.

“I’m the main cheerleader. I can go in and out anytime.” Mimi assured her. 

Mimi stopped as Dokyung followed. Mimi faced Dokyung, reaching a hand towards the girl’s face. Dokyung froze as she felt Mimi’s other hand by her arm.

“Mimi…”

“Don’t make me worry of this again.” Mimi said, touching her bandaged arm gently. “You don’t know how worried sick I am when you get hurt.”

Mimi hugged Dokyung tight. Dokyung gulped but her arms wrapped around her, hugging Mimi back.

“Dokyungie…” Mimi mumbled. “I really like you. Please choose to like me too…”

Mimi broke from the hug to face Dokyung, only to reach a hand towards her goddess’ face. Dokyung felt that little thump as Mimi’s hand ran down. 

“You’re a heroine, Dokyungie…” Mimi inched closer. “You’re MY heroine…”

Dokyung couldn’t say anything, her bandaged arm falling on her side, the other held tight by the arms of her admirer. Mimi inched even closer, their bodies so close and their faces inches apart. What seemed to be a split second felt like magic as Dokyung felt something was shocked of what has happened.

Mimi kissed her lips.

They broke afterwards, with Dokyung feeling damned and her heart beating frantically. Mimi smiled at Dokyung, hugging her tight, her fingers adding slight touches by Dokyung's neck.

Dokyung was still confused with her emotions but one thing prevailed.

She'll feel the same towards Mimi.

+++

Mimi was like a vibrant mass of the Sun, going around the campus. Students noticed the cheerful her all the time but they noticed that she had gone more vibrant than usual. For others, the knew why and it left them jealous.

Mimi had become the goddess' girlfriend.

"Mimi." Dokyung called.

Mimi ran towards her and tackled her for a kiss. Dokyung kissed back and Mimi pinched her cheeks. "Let's go eat?"

"Okay." Dokyung nodded.

Mimi and Dokyung held hands and went to their favorite restaurant. Dokyung ordered their favorites and sat with Mimi. Mimi might love sitting face to face with her girlfriend but she loved it more when they sit beside each other. And she does that, holding onto Dokyung's shoulders, feeling her muscles.

Dokyung chuckled and held back, pinching her cute cheeks, making Mimi giggle. But then, Mimi noticed Dokyung's touch fading.

"Is there something wrong, honey?" Mimi asked.

"No. Not at all." Dokyung said, looking away a bit.

"You have been dazed. Are you okay?" Mini asked.

"I'm alright, baby." Dokyung said.

“You’re not.” Mimi batted. “What happened?”

"I'll tell you later, okay?" Dokyung said, cupping Mimi's cheeks.

"Okay, honey." Mimi nodded.

The food was served. Mimi and Dokyung indulged, even feeding each other. For Dokyung, being with Mimi was a paradise she'd never get away from.

But eventually, she needed to.

+++

Gossip filled the classroom and Mimi was pisses of it. She looked at the seat next to her and it made her conscience angrier and sadder.

After they had their date last time, Dokyung told Mimi everything, that she will start another phase of life in another country without an assurance of coming back. Mimi was disappointed with that revelation and broke up with Dokyung. And now, they don't interact like they used to do.

But for Mimi, she missed Dokyung. She missed the whole her, she missed their dates and the frequent times Dokyung held her hand, and the smell of her everytime they shared wonderful kisses. Dokyung's future departure tolled Mimi onto a different sense that she thought staying away won't cause any casualities with her emotions. But then, she realized that staying away worsened her casualities.

The classes went on and there was no sign of Dokyung. Admirers sulked and gossiped when Mimi was seen. Mimi cared nonetheless of those reactions and called someone. She was praying that she will answer.

Yes, Mimi?

"D-Dokyungie?" Mimi spoke. "Where are you?"

I'm fixing my stuff. I'll be departing to America tomorrow. Why?

Hearing those words broke Mimi's heart. But she sighed and answered back. "Can I see you?"

I have the whole day. You want us to meet? You decide.

"Can we meet at our favorite coffee shop?" Mimi asked.

Sure. I'll pick you up.

"Okay." Mimi said. "Dokyung?"

Yes.

"I love you." Mimi spoke.

I love you too.

+++

Dokyung and Mimi got to the cafe and indulged on their favorites, with Dokyung financing everything and anything Mimi would like. During the said date, Dokyung and Mimi were filled with a lot of silence. Mimi thought her initiation of a date was awkward and tense. Mimi sipped her coffee too quickly she choked. Dokyung had gone attentive and wiped Mimi's mouth lightly, all while patting her back.

Mimi gulped of that feeling as she missed it. When they were the only customers left, Mimi sat by Dokyung'a side and hugged her tight. Dokyung hugged back and she heard a sniffle. Dokyung sighed and patted her back.

"I missed you." Mimi mumbled.

"I miss you too." Dokyung answered.

"What time is your flight?" Mimi asked.

"Later at 6 AM. But I'll be off by 3."

"Stay with me." Mimi looked up and cupped Dokyung's face. "Just be with me."

"I would love you to, Mimi...but I love my dream much more." Dokyung said.

Who was she to wreck Dokyung's dream? For Mimi, she decided to hug her for as long as she could. Dokyung decided to hug her for the last time too.

It hurt Dokyung to do this. But then, Mimi will always have a spot onnher heart wherever she went.