Chapter 5

When You are in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re going somewhere?” Chaeyoung dropped the spoon that she was holding and asked Jungkook with a shocked expression.

When Jungkook nodded as a reply, Chaeyoung squirmed in her seat nervously. This evening, she was so worried about hanging out with Jungkook, but because Lisa was also going with her, her worry disappeared. But now, going somewhere with Jungkook alone?! She wasn’t worried anymore, she was freaking out.

She really wanted to go back to the dorm and screamed at Lisa non-stop.

“Are you sure that it’s going to be okay if the two of us go somewhere? Just the two of us?”

Jungkook knew that Chaeyoung was afraid. He knew that he shouldn’t be happy when Chaeyoung was losing her composure at the moment, but instead of convincing Chaeyoung to go with him, he smiled.

Why did he smile? The reason was so silly, actually. Jungkook felt butterflies in his stomach when he heard the words ‘just the two of us’ came out of Chaeyoung’s mouth.

Oh yes, he was going to be with Chaeyoung alone. Woohoo! Finally!

It was a good thing that he still remembered that Chaeyoung was sitting in front of him. Jungkook cleared his throat and tried to hide his smile.

“Don’t worry. It’s going to be okay since a lot of people don’t go to that place,” Jungkook convinced, hoping that Chaeyoung would stop worrying.

Nope. Chaeyoung was still worried.

“But how can we go there? We don’t have our own vehicles,” Chaeyoung muttered. By now, she already forgot about her precious tiramisu.

Jungkook stayed silent. He just realized that both of them didn’t have their own cars and they obviously couldn’t ask their managers to pick them up. Shoot.

“Umm, we can use the bus?” Jungkook suggested but he didn’t sound so sure about his own suggestion. “Since it’s midnight, the bus won’t be filled with people, so it’s going to be fine. Nobody will recognize who we are.”

Chaeyoung tried to process Jungkook’s suggestion. Well, he was right. “Okay, then,” she finally gave in. “But where are we going?”

“It’s a secret,” Jungkook answered with a giggle. The giggle soon changed into a burst of laughter when he saw Chaeyoung’s pout.

She’s so adorable.

---

After Chaeyoung finished her food, Jungkook dragged her out of the café in a flash. Thirty minutes was spent on the bus—it was empty, by the way—and now they arrived in a deserted place.

Chaeyoung was freaking out once again.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to do bad things to you,” Jungkook joked. “The place is very deserted right now but if we walk a little bit further, we’ll find a really fun place.”

Tired of being freaked out almost all the time, Chaeyoung decided to trust Jungkook. He seemed like a very nice boy, after all.

The two of them walked side by side in silence. Just then, Chaeyoung shivered because of the cold wind. She regretted not wearing a thick coat that can protect her body from the strong wind.

Chaeyoung rubbed her hands together a few times but it didn’t really work. She was still shivering from the cold temperature. In the end, she gave up trying to warm herself up.

On the other hand, Jungkook was stealing glances at her all the time with a worried look. He saw how Chaeyoung’s body was trembling and to be honest, he really wanted to do something to warm Chaeyoung up. He had thought about various things he could do, but he was feeling nervous and shy. He was even afraid that Chaeyoung would feel uncomfortable if he did physical contact with her.

But since he really didn’t want Chaeyoung to get sick, he decided to be brave this time.

He reached out and took her hand in his, giving it a light squeeze. While doing it, Jungkook kept his eyes on the street, trying to act collected even though he was so nervous at the time.

It wasn’t only him who felt nervous, though. Chaeyoung was completely taken aback when she felt Jungkook’s hand on hers. It was a simple gesture but it somehow made Chaeyoung feel warm inside. The cold wind suddenly didn’t bother her that much anymore.

Although Chaeyoung was feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter