Chapter 4

When You are in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost midnight. The streets of Seoul, however, were still busy. Restaurants and pubs were filled with people, mostly teenagers, as they planned to spend the night hanging out together. It was Saturday night after all, the time when most people would have fun and let go of the stress they had been feeling, but that didn’t apply to Jungkook. He was feeling extremely nervous tonight.

The fact that Jungkook was finally going to meet Chaeyoung tonight successfully made his heart beating wildly. For the last six days, he had been thinking about the things he should do to make his ‘friend date’ with Chaeyoung full of fun, but then he was worried that the night wouldn’t end up the way he had planned it to be.

The busy streets of Seoul also seemed to be a problem for Jungkook. Knowing that a lot of people were still awake, chattering and laughing happily everywhere, made him a bit cautious. As an idol, his freedom was always limited. He couldn’t let people know that he was Jeon Jungkook, the youngest of BTS, especially when he was meeting up with a girl in the middle of the night. If someone knew his identity tonight, a dating scandal involving him and Chaeyoung would be all over the news in the next few days. It was guaranteed.

If something as bad as that happened, Jungkook knew exactly that the one who would suffer more was Chaeyoung.

Jungkook shivered at the thought and quickly scanned his surroundings. Lucky for him, the café where he and Chaeyoung were going to meet was located in the quiet area of Seoul, near the YG Entertainment building. Not a lot of people knew the café since it was small and hidden in between tall buildings, so at nighttime like this, the café was almost empty. Well, he was the café’s only guest.

The café was perfect for Jungkook. Classic songs were playing from the old phonograph and the lights were dim, creating a peaceful atmosphere. However, he couldn’t feel peaceful. Not when the girl he would be having a ‘friend date’ with hadn’t arrived yet.

Well, he was actually going to meet Chaeyoung in the café at 11.30 PM but he arrived one hour earlier so that he could pick the best table for his ‘friend date’ with Chaeyoung. He spent quite a long time examining the place and in the end he chose the table that was located in the corner of the café. The reason why he chose that particular table was kind of cheesy, though. A vase filled with red roses that was placed on top of the table reminded him of Chaeyoung.

Oh God, he sounded like a boy who was totally enchanted by Chaeyoung’s mere existence.

Just then, he heard the entrance door creaked, signaling that someone was entering the café. When Jungkook turned around to take a look, a petite girl with long orange hair came into his view. Although the girl tried to hide her face with a mask and a hat, Jungkook knew in an instant that she was Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, seemed a bit hesitant. Still standing near the entrance door, she scanned the place with her eyes. When she noticed a young boy clad in black hoodie sitting in the corner of the café, she slowly made her way toward the boy.

“Umm, are you Jungkook?”

A smile unconsciously appeared on Jungkook’s face when he heard her sweet voice. Thank God he wore a mask tonight.

Jungkook nodded his head as a reply and took off the mask. Even though he used it to hide his identity, it wouldn’t be proper to talk to someone with a mask on. The café was empty anyway.

Upon getting a clearer view of Jungkook’s face, Chaeyoung quickly bowed her head in respect.

“Hello, Jungkook,” she muttered shyly. It was still weird for her to call him by his name only. A big smile appeared on Jungkook’s face when he heard Chaeyoung calling him without any honorifics.

Just then, someone exclaimed cheerfully, “Hello, I’m Chaeyoung’s friend, Lisa!”

The sudden introduction woke Jungkook up from his happy thoughts. He focused his eyes on Chaeyoung and that was when he realized that someone was indeed standing behind Chaeyoung all this time.

“You can sit down,” Jungkook said politely. When the two girls were seated, Jungkook then introduced himself to Lisa. This was after all the first time they met in person.

Soon enough, the atmosphere between them became awkward. Chaeyoung looked down, having an interest in the white colored shoes that she wore. Since she was a shy person, it was normal for her to feel awkward around new people. And now, being with Jungkook successfully made her feel nervous even though Lisa was also there with her.

It was the same with Jungkook. He was staring at random things with a serious face. He was actually trying his best to find some topics that he could use to start a conversation. It was hard, though, since Jungkook didn’t really know girls’ preferences.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter