Step 5

Step by step
Please log in to read the full chapter
Step 5

“Are you crazy?” Soonyoung’s jaw dropped upon hearing the disastrous ending of our afternoon practice, his eyes hinting at his trying-so-hard-to-hide-but-definitely-failed amusement.

“Yah!” I not-so-gently smacked him in the chest but he just laughed it off. I wasn’t even strong, to begin with. “I think you are the crazy one for giving us such a task and for picking Chanyeol as my partner! FYI, if it weren’t for you, I would have stopped coming to the classes,” I made myself clear before he misunderstood my intentions. He probably assumed that I was fighting so hard because I actually liked the challenge of this pair work. However, he couldn’t have been more wrong.

“Who would leave me if they were in your shoes?” he wiggled his eyebrows and I seriously wanted to facepalm. Soonyoung was a nice guy but he could be a bit cocky sometimes.

“Please, come back to the ground before you get too carried away.”

“With pleasure, my dear,” he winked at me. “After all, you need the best relationship consultant in Seoul, aka me,” he pointed at himself, a wide grin making its way onto his radiating face. I looked at him with a deadpan expression but a moment later I heard a chuckle escaping my mouth. I subconsciously let myself laugh with him.

It honestly felt so refreshing like a hot shower after a pretty stressful day. Soonyoung knew perfectly well that I was going through a hard time but he always made sure to cheer me up and not let me sink into the hole of groom any longer. I was lucky to have a best friend like him, even though I wouldn’t admit it for the world. He would get even more supercilious.

“There isn’t any romance going on between me and Chanyeol, so you better keep your relationship advices for yourself.”

“I’m doing just fine with Yuju, so that’s why I’m willing to share my experiences with you,” he reminded me with the proudest smirk ever.

My best friend had been dating Choi Yuna (also known as Yuju) for three months now and every time he had a chance to boost with it, he took the opportunity to broch up his perfect love life. Despite the fact that I was the one who spilled the beans after Yuju had told one of her friends that she had a crush on Soonyoung, he seemed to forget that I was practically the reason why he manned up in the first place and confessed to her.

“I know you would probably get angry because I’m going to say this−“

“But I have to apologise for my behaviour,” I cut him off because I knew what he was going to say. Nevertheless, he was taken aback by my motion because usually, I was the one who was persistent until the very end and didn’t give in easily. Small wonder why he was dumbfounded upon hearing at my words.

“Wow, it seems that you’ve actually learned a bit from me,” he placed his hands on his chest in relief. I gently bumped his shoulders with my own and let him believe that it was all thanks to his advices.

Truthfully, it wasn’t. It was because of that damn hollowness in my chest that didn’t leave me (not even for a second) after our little quarrel the day before. It was because of the sight of Chanyeol’s sad puppy eyes that popped up in my mind every single time I closed my eyes. It was because of my beating heart that I couldn’t pacify whenever I saw someone who reminded me of him.

It was all because of that damn thing that my head kept on repeating like those annoying songs on the radio. I couldn’t continue living my life, knowing that Park Chanyeol thought that I was cold.

 

Honestly, I wish I had a better way to apologise but I couldn’t find that drummer boy the whole day, so I ended up bumping into him in a music room, not knowing that I was interfering their band practice.

“Chanyeol, hey!” I gasped incredulously, thankful that I had finally found him and didn’t have to embarrass myself while holding up total strangers who I assumed were Chanyeol but it turned out that none of them were him.

He was alone (for the time being) in the music room when I opened the door and it seemed that my weary voice snapped him out of his fantasies. He looked woefully lonely while he tried to pierce a hole into the floor with his intense stare. It wasn’t until I moved closer to him and reluctantly tapped his shoulder that he finally looked up and noticed my presence.

“Oh, Yushin, hi!” he shook his head in an attempt to get rid of his (probably) unwanted thoughts. “I didn’t notice that you got here. I was deep in thought, I’m sorry,” he stuttered a bit nervously and I had a feeling that he didn’t want to see me.

To tell the truth, I wanted to evaporate right then and there but my desire to say sorry was stronger than my desire to run away.

Please log in to read the full chapter