Step 4

Step by step
Please log in to read the full chapter
Step 4

When I say that Chanyeol couldn’t dance, I actually mean it. I’m not exaggerating. It was a fact, it was a well-known fact by all of us who had ever seen him dancing. I guess his bandmates could tell you more about his flaws but I only knew about this one.

We are all different, we are all talented in different things. For example, Chanyeol was a prominently talented drummer and everyone on campus knew his name by then. Their band – Kkaebsong (by this rate, they could call their band like Sweet Potato or Jajangmyeon, it would still sound better) – was pretty popular and he sure contributed to their success. There was the bass guitarist Kim Jongdae, aka the weird dancing machine who always looked like he was high on something; Byun Baekhyun at the keyboard who secretly put on women’s clothes and could still win over every female at the university with his beauty; the singer and acoustic guitarist at the same time named Do Kyungsoo who literally had two moods: he either screamed at the top of his lungs while singing their youth hymns or cried his heart out when it was time for the daily dose of break-up songs.

I think I don’t have to emphasise the fact that these two things were the most common features that youngsters looked for in songs nowadays. Therefore, they were pretty successful but I wouldn’t say that they were beloved and admired since they were a band with instruments and not just a band with nice voices and pretty faces. I don’t know why but people tend to like actual boy groups less than One Direction-like boy bands.

To sum up, I don’t even know why I expected more but come to think of it, I shouldn’t have expected anything more from the drummer boy than fooling around and stepping on my foot for the third time already. Even if we were learning the Smart uniform’s choreography where he shouldn’t even have been close to me!

“Oh for God’s sake!” I exclaimed furiously and squinted at him. He immediately sensed my sudden hostility, thus I would swear that something hurtful flitted across his face. “Can’t you just concentrate a bit on the choreography and not on making a fool out of yourself?!” I blurted out without giving much thought but I didn’t really want to hold myself back. Not anymore.

I already had enough at home in the morning, during the days at the lectures, so I didn’t really need another calamity in the afternoon when we should have been studying instead of spending our precious time together in a dusty practice room in the university’s basement thanks to that stupid dance project. At times like this, I seriously felt a need to strangle the one and only Kwon Soonyoung for giving us this kind of homework but since he wasn’t there, I could only blame Chanyeol.

“I’m not trying to make a fool out of myself,” Chanyeol flinched in surprise, his voice barely audible.

“Oh really?” I challengingly raised my eyebrows. “Then, that’s all you can do? Constantly bumping into me and stepping on my foot?” I let out a grunt. I gritted my teeth as the ridiculousness of the whole situation finally dawned on me. Why was I really wasting time on such nonsense? I didn’t need those extra credits (at least not so desperately that I would give up my studying time for dancing with Chanyeol) that my contribution to the class would give me, nor did I n

Please log in to read the full chapter