BLACKPINK - STAY (JITZU)

KPOP STATION : TWICE EDITION

BlackPink – Stay

So easily, with harsh words
You put scars in my heart
Without even saying sorry
Again, I’m comforting myself
Always nervous if you’re gonna leave me
I just want you to stay

In your expressionless face that’s getting more and more dull
I whisper to the mirror, let’s slowly let this go
You take me for granted
But that’s you
But still, stay stay stay with me

This sad melody resembles you
It makes me cry eh eh
Your scent is a sweet felony
I hate you so much but I love you

Before the dark night traps me in
Don’t leave me
Do you still love me?
If you feel the same, don’t leave today
Don’t ask why it has to be you
Just stay with me
(It goes a little something like)
lalalalala, lalalalala, lalalalala
lalalalala, lalalalala, lalalalala
I don’t expect a lot right now
Just stay with me

There’s nothing more I want now
I can’t even tell if my heart is beating
Rather than forceful conversations with others
I’d rather be in awkward silence with you
So stay, wherever that may be
Sometimes, when darkness comes, I’ll be your fire
In this world that is a lie
The only truth, it’s you
This a letter from me to you

This sad melody resembles you
It makes me cry eh eh
Your scent is a sweet felony
I hate you so much but I love you

Before the dark night traps me in
Don’t leave me
Do you still love me?
If you feel the same, don’t leave today
Don’t ask why it has to be you
Just stay with me
(It goes a little something like)
lalalalala, lalalalala, lalalalala
lalalalala, lalalalala, lalalalala
I don’t expect a lot right now
Just stay with me

(It goes a little something like)
lalalalala, lalalalala, lalalalala
lalalalala, lalalalala, lalalalala
I don’t expect a lot right now
Just stay with me

 

Jihyo’s POV

“Go away, will you?! I said I’ll be busy today and I don’t want any distractions. Just go, ok?!” You said harshly as you push me out of the room. I was near in tears after you shut the door close. I stood frozen there with my back facing the door until it opened again.

You gave me a back hug and calmly said as you gently my hair, “S-sorry. I didn’t mean to be cruel. I guess things from work are getting over my head. Please forgive my rudeness, Jisoo.” I didn’t utter anything and just turned around to hug you back.

‘I really am stupid, aren’t I? No matter how much you became rude to me, I still love you.’

You put scars in my heart whenever you yell and get angry at me. But then, I can’t fight back even when so easily, with harsh words, I’ll be crying on my own again at night. Sometimes, without even saying sorry, you’ll just walk away. And then again, I’m comforting myself in our bed that gives no warmth anymore.

“It’s ok, Tzuyu-ah. Just continue what you’re doing. I’ll go with some friends to spend the day.” I said as I caress his face. Yes, the face of the man I’m blindly in love with. You are the image of my dreams, may it be good or bad. In your expressionless face that’s getting more and more dull every single day, I stared at it with loving eyes.

Everything just kept on repeating yet I can’t find myself getting sick of it. I don’t want you to go. I rather get fed up with pain than be always nervous if you’re gonna leave me or not.

“No. Never mind the work. Just stay with me. Don’t go anywhere but here beside me. Let’s go spend this day together for now.” Your humble words never failed to make me say yes. “O-ok.” You carefully pulled me back inside our room.

You sat on the bed we shared our every single nights and let me sit on your lap. You back hugged me and buried your face on my nape. Only silence was evitable inside these four walls we’re staying in for so long. I stared at the ceiling. I don’t know how to react right now.

Somehow, every pain that I tried to push away strikes back all together in one go as the words of my friends passed by in my train of thoughts. I expressed out everything to them whenever you pushed me away. And right now, it makes me cry uncontrollably again.

“Just leave him, Unnie. Stop hurting yourself.” Dahyun, the youngest in my close friends said as she caresses my head. “Dubu’s right. Don’t let him value you like a trash.” Mina, the most modest of them, said right to my face. I’ll just lower my head as no words came out from my mouth.

“We know you love him so much. But sometimes, you need to stand your ground too, Jihyo.” Nayeon-unnie spoke up with serious tone. Tears will then fall down from my face. They were never wrong, but no matter how strong the fact is … I can’t and never can leave Tzuyu.

“I-I know it too. It hurt so much to be honest, yet I couldn’t find the way to get away, and I don’t want to. Sorry if I’m too stupid and stubborn. I just can’t even give it a step back anymore. I just love Tzuyu too much.” That’s the one and only reason I’ll always spoke out to them, the truth that led me to more pain and suffering.

I heard a light snore coming from you. I blinked. I can’t even tell if my heart is beating anymore. “Maybe I really should go now, huh?” I whispered as tears kept on falling down from my face.

I carefully take off your arms that encircled over my waist and gently lay your back on the bed. I quietly stood up and walk over the study table. I scribbled something before moving out the room. I then went into the bathroom.

Washing my face, thoughts came into my mind once again. You take me for granted. I don’t even know if you cared for all this years we’ve been together.

I looked up and I whisper to the mirror, “I am doing the right thing, right? I don’t want to go, I really don’t. But they kept on pushing me to and maybe, even he did the same. I don’t know anything anymore.” I slowly sat down as my legs started to tremble and crumpled myself into a ball as I sob.

Tzuyu’s POV

I woke up without any warmth in my arms and I was lying down on our bed. I then notice that there’s no presence of any other people around, especially … her. I stood up to have a look around when I saw a letter over the study table. For some reason, my heart started beating fast as adrenaline is begun to rise into my veins.

I picked up the letter and was stunned in pain when I read every single word in it.

Letter:

“Tzuyu, if you’re reading this, it means I’m already gone from your life. I took all of my things and there’s nothing left in our house from now on. Rather than forceful conversations with others and from you, I’ll just go on with what I think is the best to do.

I’m sorry if this is so sudden. I’d rather be in awkward silence with you to be honest, but no matter what I do, it just ended up in the same hurtful way.

Maybe I had finally able to feel sick of it, or maybe, I’m just too tired and my friends’ words had finally clicked something inside my head. I don’t want to see you crying, if ever you are now. So stay, wherever that may be, coz I don’t want to see it. It might break my heart into a million pieces.

I once said that sometimes, when darkness comes, I’ll be your fire. I’m sorry, because I can’t be that person anymore. In this world that is a lie, I did felt the love you promised to give me and I was happy too, so please … don’t ever feel guilty. Sometimes, we just think that the road was so long but still, there is a dead end to it.

The only truth is I love you more than everything, and maybe you did the same too … a long time ago.

It’s you that made my day. That gave me happiness and the one who love me fully. I swear that I’ll never ask if you ever love me or not. I promise to never forget everything, so please do the same for me. I’ll be staying in your heart so feel at ease. This … a letter … from me to you. I love you, Tzuyu. I’m sorry, but I can’t stay.

Goodbye.”

Jihyo

The letter slowly dropped together with my tears. Without thinking, I rushed from room to room. Bathroom, the kitchen, guest room and living room, but I found nothing. Not even a shadow of you. I looked at your cabinet and drawers to only see empty spaces. You’re actually gone.

“I am all alone now.” All the strength that I have was gone and I slowly knelt down. I started crying while thinking of what I’ve done.

It then hits me. “I was a bad boyfriend. All this time, all I did was pushed you away and yell nonstop without even thinking of what you’ll feel afterwards.” I punched the floor several times until my knuckles bleed. Dark-purple, scraped skin and blood was over flowing.

For others, it may hurt so much, but to me, I can’t feel anything. Yes, I’m in pain, but not over my bleeding hands, but here in my heart.

“No. this is not what I want. Jihyo … I don’t want you to go away. I want you to stay. Please, tell me this is not happening.” I cried more as my head hit the floor. I just feel completely sad, even though I deserve it too. I didn’t notice that I fell asleep due to exhaustion.

The next morning, I was woken up by my friends. They said that my phone was unreachable so they decided to pay a visit instead, only to see me lying on the ground with dry tears around my cheeks. I decided to tell them everything.

Even though they showed a pitiful look, their eyes are also telling me that they’re already expecting this to happen. “I guess … I was the only one who can’t see through my own actions, huh?” I said and they all nodded silently.

“But then, if you really love her, go get your girl then.” Momo-hyung said. “It might be hard, but if you don’t want this relationship to die, take her back right now, Chewy.” Chaeyoung added and smiled.

“If something happened, we’ll help you out so go now, Tzuyu. Don’t let her get away. Reach her out before it’s too late.” Jeongyeon-hyung patted my shoulder and pulled me by the collar. He gave me a hard pat over the chest as I stood up. As a little punishment to my stupidity, the others did the same and I accepted it to remind myself too.

‘I deserve it anyway.’

They then left me alone to think over myself. “I will take you back. I’ll make you stay no matter what. I promised to love you forever and I swear to do everything right from now on.” I mumbled before taking my phone and keys with me. I drove my car to the most possible place that she’ll be at right now.

“Wait for me, Jihyo. I don’t expect a lot right now but for you to be here by my side again.”

Author’s POV

Tzuyu stopped at a big house. He turned the engine off and walked right in front of the door. He slowly breathed in, trying his best to be calm. After a few seconds, he finally raised his hand to push the doorbell.

Inside the four walls of the house was Jihyo who’s being comforted by her friends. They all heard the doorbell rang, and Mina decided to be the one who’ll check it. She opened up the door and was surprised to see who the person was. But then, she immediately gave out a stoic face. “Mina-shi, is Jihyo here? Please, if she is, let me talk to her.” The latter pleaded.

“I’m sorry, but she’s not here. We don’t know where she is right now so don’t waste your time.” She stated with a hint of annoyance over her tone. Tzuyu lowered his head. He knew that they’re angry at him and he can’t force Jihyo’s friends to help him out. “O-ok. If she ever told any of you about where she is, tell me, please?” Mina stared at the tall guy.

She just gave a slight nod and closed the door. Tzuyu stayed there, not moving even an inch with his head still hanging low. Mina goes back to her friends’ room. “Is that Tzuyu?” Jihyo weakly asked but the elegant girl didn’t answer.

“Stop thinking about him, Ji. Just take some rest for now. You look pretty haggard so--”, “Jihyo! I know you’re in there. Please let me talk to you. Go out right now or I’ll stay here until you step out from there!” Sana was cut off when Tzuyu yelled outside.

“Don’t bother him, Unnie.” Dahyun nonchalantly said. “Let him be. He’ll surely go away too anyway, so just ignore it and get some sleep.” Nayeon added before pushing Jihyo back to bed.

Jihyo can’t utter anything so she just did what her friends told her to do. Unknown to them, Tzuyu kept his word and stayed outside the house, right on the spot where he can be seen over the windows. Hours passed and he’s starting to starve. He didn’t eat anything since yesterday night so his stomach is pretty much empty.

He became more unlucky when he saw the dark sky, but then he didn’t flinched. “I’ll stay here. I’ll wait for you, Jihyo. I swear.” Tzuyu rubbed both of his hands to at least get a little warm. Sana peek at the curtains and was worried when she saw Tzuyu hugging himself over the cold breeze. But she can’t do anything so she just lay back on the bed. All of them were sleeping soundly.

“I think he deserved a second chance … but it’s not me to decide. Let’s hope that she’ll forgive you, Tzuyu-ah.” Sana whispered before drifting to sleep.

Another hour had passed and it finally rained. Tzuyu was fully wet and is freezing at the weather. No one knows that he’s still there. He stayed for God knows how long. He’s finally feeling tired but he kept his eyes open. Luckily, his phone is still on. Plugging in his earphones, he played something. It made him smile in deep sorrow.

Tears flow down from his eyes as his raspy throat spoke out something very faintly, “This sad melody resembles you and me. Our relationship was … broken by me. Now I had to … pay a big price to … get you back. I just want you to stay.” His eyes are getting very heavy but he never gave in.

But as if the sky were angry at him, another rain shower started. Noises from the strong wind and loud thunder made Jihyo stir from her slumber. She remembered what Tzuyu shouted and looked at the clock. It surprised her to see that it’s already evening yet she and her friends were asleep for too long. Her heart then became heavy as she slowly turned to the window.

Jihyo gulped deeply as she walked near the window with baby steps. Her eyes shot wide open once she moved away from the curtains.

Tzuyu was down there, dripping wet and was freezing like no tomorrow. Without hesitations, Jihyo rushed outside while holding an umbrella. The noise of her heavy steps woke the others. The girls were confused. Sana then remembered about Tzuyu and looked over the window.

She covered in shock. The other three looked too and had the same expression as the Japanese girl has. “I didn’t thought he’ll actually stay there.”, “Since how long was the rain going?” Nayeon and Dahyun worriedly said while Mina just sat back in anxiety.

Tzuyu found it hard to move and breathe. Even with droopy eyelids, he kept on forcing to open his eyes that are staring over the main door. That door then opened, revealing the person he’s been waiting all this time. Jihyo ran to his side, her wide open umbrella is preventing the rain from drenching them. She reached out for Tzuyu’s hand. The girl was about to help him up when Tzuyu pulled back, thus making Jihyo fell above him and drop the umbrella.

Your scent is a sweet felony. It kills me yet I want it near me. I want you, Jihyo.” With weak voice, Tzuyu spoke up as he stared at the love of his life.

“Stop talking and let’s get inside.” Jihyo tried to get up but the latter kept on preventing her. “No. Don’t go. I don’t expect a lot right now but you in my embrace.” Jihyo looked back at Tzuyu’s eyes and in a second, tears are already falling down.

Before the dark night traps me in this misery I am feeling, don’t leave me. I’ll do everything and I’ll change into something better. Just stay with me, Jisoo-ah.” The latter’s pleading eyes are also tearing up as he continue. “Do you still love me? I do, and it never gone away. I just forgot to take good care of it. If you feel the same, if your heart still beats for me, please don’t leave today.” He said, full of sincerity.

Though he’s feeling numb and everything is hefty, he lifted his hand and held Jihyo’s face. He carefully caresses it as his lips turned up slightly. “I hate you so much, but I love you. Yeah, you were being the worst one back then, but I’ve forgiven you already.” Jihyo hugged the latter. “I can still remember the time you confessed to me and yelled something stupid but really sweet for me.” She added.

Tzuyu chuckled and quietly replied, “Don’t ask why it has to be you, because it’s my heart that’s telling me everything. It said that it loves you and only you.” The two pulled away and stare at each other’s eyes. “Even from the first time, I hate you so much for your rudeness and savage attitude, but I love you for being honest and straightforward to me.” Jihyo said.

I hate you so much for always nagging me up, but I love you coz you never left my side when everything turned upside-down.” Tzuyu followed up as his face move closer. Even with trembling lips, the latter gently kissed the girl. “There’s nothing more I want now but you to go back to me. Jihyo … just stay with me … please.” He weakly said after pulling off.

Without any warning, his eyes closed as no more strength was left in his body and the hard impact of pain he received from staying out kicked in, making him unconscious. “Tzuyu? Hey, wake up! Guys, help me out! Tzuyu fainted. Please help him!” Jihyo panic out and everyone rushed off to aid the two, forgetting the heavy rain above them.

Days had passed after that, Jihyo and Tzuyu had gone back together again. Their relationship became stronger and much better than ever. Tzuyu was still having a hard time over his work but he never failed to put it all away for Jihyo. Their friends were fine again and they all planned a surprise date for the two.

“Those guys ARE seriously despicable!”, “I know, right?” The couple laughed as they both stare at the view outside the Ferry’s Wheel. Their hands are intertwined while Jihyo is resting her head over Tzuyu’s shoulder. They both said something over a voice recorder.

“Our love … it goes a little something like an empty place. No one was there but you and me. It’s for us to decide on what we’ll do next. It’s either we’ll have to leave each other or to stay forever until the end to fill a life in that space.”