Chapter 7

Truth

Momo felt as if her heart had been ripped out a was laying lifeless on her bed until Sana dragged her out, dressed her and basically carried her to the minivan. Momo feel asleep promptly and was woken not soon enough. She had relived the kiss which she'd rather forget. It just reminded her of something she couldn't have. Unconsciously rubbing her lips, Momo walked out with Sana and finally asked what this was about.

"Well apparently we have to do comedy sketches with each other, we'll be mostly paired up, with a group of three. I hope I'm with Tzu- one of the members I'm closer to." Momo saw Sana's face fall at the mention of Tzuyu's name. Paying her on the back, Momo repeated what Mina had said earlier.

"I know."

Jihyo was with Tzuyu again. Tzuyu was ready to slap her but couldn't out of respect and understanding. "Jihyo, repeat that please?"

"She back hugged me and it felt like heaven." Jihyo's eyes softened at the mention of Momo.
Massaging the bridge of her nose, Tzuyu asked her testily, "Then why did you pull away? Are you dumb?"

"I'm scared. I'm so scared. I'm not dumb but I think there's a wrong with me. Why am I scared of love?" 
"You shouldn't be. If kill for a back big from Sa-"

"- I'm closer to." Sana's sweet voice said as she appeared in front of the pair. Tzuyu's cheeks started to burn as red as Jihyo's hair in their debut song. 

Momo froze at the sight in front of her. Jihyo's cheeks were tinted pink in the cold, her eyes bright in the dimming light of the evening, like stars in the dark blue tinted sky, her lips as red as strawberries ripe in the summer, strands of hair stuck to them as the light brown wave fell over her eyes. . .

She was breathtaking.

Momo didn't realise she was staring until she was forcefully dragged away. Shaking herself out of her stupor, Momo cheerfully said "Shall we go find out who our partners are?" Sana laughed and linked their arms.

"Sana, you're with Tzuyu, Momo with Jihyo.  Is that ok?" Both nodded and were happy with their partners. The manager was talking away and suddenly clicked her fingers and faced Momo.

"I forgot to tell you that you and Jihyo have to pretend to kiss!"