Chapter 5

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were certain pleasantries for being a student of Chadwick International, one of which is their superb cafeteria food, yet the reason that made me stay and endure this school in exception of you, is their scheduled finals.

 

 

Our dear Dean had come up with an idea to put one final per day that made every student hail him a living Saint.

 

 

It's the last day of the exams, students vary from those with wide grins to teary eyed ones and those who does not give a damn about it.

 

 

"Freedom!!!" A voice boomed a pitch higher than the rest in the hallways.

 

 

You were trying to stop an excited Hyoyeon from breaking in a dance battle with an equally sugar rushed Yuri with Sooyoung watching in the side, cheering Yuri by rapping incorrigible words that rhymes with her surname.

 

 

Your eyes gathered mine against the shadows of figures obscuring the view, you decided to let them be and walked out on them to be with me.

 

 

"I bet you did not even sweat during the exam."

 

 

"Not even a bullet." I did my best not to notice the clothing you are wearing but it's too distracting.

 

 

A button up long-sleeved shirt tucked in your black slacks partnered up with a dark footwear, the one you wore for special occassions. It was too good on your body that I need to mark your look inside my head.

 

 

I handed you a paper bag containing the dress you told me to bring, it made me wary at first cause for one, it cannot be fitted to your even skinny body, and two, you don't wear girly dresses, a pink one at that.

 

 

You looked inside and was pleased to see the article inside the cramped space, thanking me in the process.

 

 

"Now tell who who's going to wear the dress, you punk." I punched your shoulder when you just gave a protuded tongue.

 

 

"Alright, alright. So much violence in that body of yours." A kick made way to your leg, serves you right.

 

 

"Aw, okay stop Sica, I'll tell you!" You bent down to stop my foot with your other hand dusting off the dirt from your pants.

 

 

"Taeyeon needed a pink dress, I offered to help her poor soul."

 

 

"Yoona, TaeYeon has Tiffany, she could have asked one from her." I am confident that she has more than ten in her closet.

 

 

"That's the case, she needed one for Tiffany." Your voice lowered a pitch down.

 

 

"Uh, what for?"

 

 

"She did not tell you?"

 

 

"I wouldn't be asking if she told me Yoong." I would have said you are an idiot, you're lucky I love you.

 

 

You scratched your cheek. "Oh, you're right my bad."

 

 

"Come with us later to know what's up. But before that, go home and change into something corporate."

 

 

I gave you a questioning look that you only laughed at. Pointing at the now drenched with sweat Hyoyeon and Yuri in their identical wardrobe as yours, with a missing Sooyoung out of sight.

 

 

"Oh and strictly no dress or skirt."

 

 

===========

 

 

When I reached the location you sent me via text, I was astounded by how the place looked.

 

 

The old oak tree surrounded by human sized shrubs was turned into a dreamy, well-lited classy two-seater restaurant. The shabby part of the park was renovated into a girl's description of a perfect dating site.

 

 

You emerged from the trunk of the oak tree and gestured me to come quickly. In my three inched stilettos, I followed you inside the huge poorly built tent that I swear I did not notice at first glance.

 

 

There they were, congested inside; Sooyoung and Sunny were on the side, arranging the platter to be served, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were discussing with Seohyun trying to intercept the ideas Hyoyeon was suggesting for the latter to do.

 

 

"Be bold little one, spit words that could make her scream-- I mean swoon." Hyo giving the lady in a pink dress an articulate advice how to act during the date which she did on herself that got her single for years.

 

 

"Unnie, you should not act daring on a date! This is why you never got a call after your first dates."

 

 

She was caught off guard by the innocent Seohyun, never would she have thought the younger to say such thing so in anger, she threw bunch of offending words to her while the latter calmly taking it, berrating herself for irresponsibly choosing her words.

 

 

You went to where your heart is--food, after complimenting how good I look on my white blouse topped off with a pink blazer and black pants finishing off my outfit. I felt giddy all of a sudden.

 

 

I decided to join the fidgety girl on my pink dress, biting her well manicured nails. I took a seat on the foldable bench and took notice of how well done her overall demeanor.

 

 

"You will rock her world, don't fret." That managed to calm her down.

 

 

"You think so?"

 

 

"I know so."

 

 

It was no surprise for the whole gang when the dark haired girl decided to come clean and announced her unavocable interest to the brunette. She was never discreet in the first place that caused the others to discuss within themselves, if they were the only ones getting the vibe.

 

 

Hyoyeon bluntly asked when she will make it official and was forced to decide when she said she had not fully persuaded herself to confess, an 'after finals' slipped out of her tongue to make them stop bugging her.

 

 

The others were ecstatic and a congratulatory party inside the empty room was held. It was chaotic to say at least.

 

 

Taeyeon was less than prepared in accordance to her expressions as her eyes locked on her wrist where her watch resides, sweat forming as the hand moves along the numbers etched on the device.

 

 

"She would not dare to reject you, if you are worried about that. Be yourself and everything will go as how you planned."

 

 

She shot me a grateful smile, straightened her posture and heaved a deep breath to calm her nerves down.

 

 

Sunny announced the nearing arrival of the brunette, fetched by the tan girl from their home and was on the road as they spoke, dangerous I know.

 

 

Everyone was frantic, fleeting to the dining table with Taeyeon being dragged by her arm. Sunny instructed her to stand beside the chair and pull it once Tiffany arrived. Sooyoung lighting the scented candles from Seohyun's grandmother, You were with Hyoyeon busying yourselves by picking the fallen leaves coming from the oak tree which was surrounded by lights from its trunk to its branches, as I was left to observe everything from a far.

 

 

A car pulled not far mine which was parked near the fountain, they ran inside aside from Seohyun who will play the violin, and Taeyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter