Chapter 6

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every corner, every wall and every ceiling was filled with heartshaped cardboard papers in every shade of red there are existing.

 

 

That's right, it's Valentines.

 

 

The day where puke-inducing cards are given to proclaim undying devotion, or chocolates, teddies, and flowers to sustain their lovers fantasies of having thoughtful partners tending their wants, which is ironic if you may ask.

 

 

It is also the day where confessions are done extremely to avoid any form of rejection in public, a humiliating situation for every man and their egoistic self. Their worst nightmare.

 

 

In Chadwick, there was this strange tradition that was being conducted on hearts day; Cupid's Arrow.

 

 

It was a Student Council Program to gather funds in order to uphold their projects for the advancement in different aspects-- the institution as well as their learners. It was a huge success that garnered about a million won every year, this entirely covered the insufficiency of the council.

 

 

Cupid's Arrow is a simple way to seek someone to spend the day acting as sick lovebirds in the streets, will lead to a night of pleasure to become a hot topic of tomorrow's paper (was not approved by any admin as it contains 'controversial' content).

 

 

A bunch of won will guarantee a free delivery of the chosen samples; flowers, chocolates, balloons, each signifies different signs (names are stamped for recognition). A Cupid named 'Lupid' shall visit every class and do his job, it was fairly impressive how it worked to majority for the reason it became the most awaited day of the year.

 

 

I wanted to participate and waste my money to fulfil my desires of revealing my true intentions, however my inferior rationality remains certain how disastrous it will become once I did.

 

 

"Life is full of constant trials, errors are only proofs of our attempt to conquer those. The best example are , there are 250 millions of their kind trying to reach the goal, and once it does, it's game over." Mr. Han, Literature major, find ways to correlate book reviews to social trends i.e. pregnancy, which made him a laughing stock of the century.

 

 

A knock was heard inside the four cornered walls that got everyone up to their feet. Lupid's pitchy voice hyped them all, including Mr. Han.

 

 

He came with a red sac and started going around the room, congratulating those who got balloons which meant one thing; 'actions' will happen by the end of the day. He was not an innocent one as they claimed him.

 

 

I got a reasonable amount, it was much compared from what I got last year. I feel pity to those who splurged their money on these, I won't even enjoy them nor plan on meeting one of the senders this time.

 

 

The sac was half-filled when he stopped on your table beside me. He gave you the red bag and off he went to his next class disruption.

 

 

All expected the amount you got, it was always in considerable number even so it skyrocketed in maximum this time. Envious proclaims were thrown at you yet despite of that, you gave them a smile. You're too good for this world.

 

 

I felt your eyes on me, so I tried to busy myself on listening to poor Mr. Han whom none were interested in when their attention were no where near him and his old self.

 

 

I tried to distance myself to you for the past week. It took a whole lot of effort for myself to manage hours without your presence lingering near mine as it got accustomed to it for the most years. It was better than deluding myself on fantasies that probably will remain inside my dreams yet I can't stop assuming that one day, it will all come true.

 

 

=========

 

 

"Since most of us have/had partners or remotely close to having one, let's do this!"

 

 

Earthly scent filled my lungs, well-trimmed grass poking through my jeans making me uncomfortable than eating on bare soil.

 

 

They decided to breathe fresh air outside the collosial walls for a change roughly because to avoid encounters with cringe worthy couples and their unnecessary display of affection.

 

 

"Let's see what we got here," Sooyoung holding a racy glossy magazine, skimmed through rows of questionnaires. "Aha! This one surely is relatable."

 

 

"We haven't agreed to anything."

 

 

"Beats watching you, giving a certain someone the silent treatment."

 

 

"Just get on with it." Tiffany flushed in hue.

 

 

"Best place to do it?" Hyoyeon bluntly read. What the hell?!

 

 

I almost choked on my own saliva, Seohyun, the deemed demure one in the bunch had it worse. She spilled her drink on her plain white shirt, staining the article. She excused herself to either avoid answering or be changing her tee. A good save young one.

 

 

"Why don't you ask the details while you're at it?" Taeyeon who rarely is sardonic leaped on the conversation.

 

 

The narrow-headed blond unaware of the sadistic reply, agreed. "That makes it more interesting! I'll start!"

 

 

Hyoyeon shared her rendevous adventure with her-then-college-graduate boyfriend. I cannot imagine how could they have the done it publicly, in a pool nonetheless.

 

 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung picked the bedroom. The former reasoned that it pays respect to the person you're doing, the latter, surprisingly, deemed ing is sacred, ironically dropping the f word.

 

 

The stereotipical girl, making her homeland proud for adapting the liberated mindset, hoped to experience on the beach, hinting someone in the group.

 

 

The small person across her, widen her already huge eyes. Taeyeon, in spite being with the brunette, was probably unaware of this side of her girlfriend.

 

 

Oh, she was in for a ride.

 

 

You were aloof, I could tell. The usual you would tease the living daylights of the new couple, insisting to make up already no doubt. I wanted to be there for you, but for once, I needed to be selfish for my own sake.

 

 

Sooyoung nudged me to respond, skipping her down friend. Kitchen, I declared. It made me bothered just thinking about it. There is something about kitchen counters that stimulates my libido, driving me insanely .

 

 

"Oh, I feel you. I've done it once with an ex, I exploded like a volcano. He broke up with me the morning after." Hyoyeon's unfiltered mouth strikes again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter