A New Lead

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon’s POV

I quickly walk into the class bowing lightly at the professor in apology as I pass.

“In the future I’d appreciate it if you were on time Miss Son.” The professor says barely raising his eyes from the paper he is reading as I make my way to the seat next to Nayeon once again.

“Good work being late on the second day Jiwon.” She says with a chuckle as I sit next to her.

“What can I say, I aim only to please.” I reply with a grin.

“Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot?” She answers.

“More often than you may think.” I reply. “So are you coming to see who gets elected as captain?”

“The girls and I will be there to train so I guess so.”

“Oooh does this mean you’ll cheer me on at training as well?”

“Like you need cheering on. You are cocky enough as it is.”

“Oh come on now everyone does better when they have a beautiful girl cheering for them.” I add with a wink chuckling as Nayeon blushes slightly.

“Shut up e.” She adds before turning back to face the professor as I just grin happily to myself.

………………………………………………..

The rest of today’s classes passed by quickly without any word from Joohyun and before I knew it was time to head out for practice. I grinned as Nayeon quickly fell into step beside me.

“I knew you couldn’t resist me.” I say with a smirk which she just scoffs at.

“Oh please don’t flatter yourself I have training to remember? We are heading to the same place.” She replies rolling her eyes before turning to me and looking at me thoughtfully. “Do you know what I think?”

“Nope I may be an extremely talented individual but even I can’t read minds so please do enlighten me.” I reply with a grin looking at her expectantly.

“I think this whole cocky, flirty, confident happy go lucky jock thing you have going on here is all just an act.” She says waving her arms around gesturing to me. “I’ve seen that dark look your eyes get when you think no one is paying attention. You can’t fool me.” She adds with a decisive nod.

“You sure you aren’t majoring in psychology?” I ask with a nervous chuckle. “What made you come to that conclusion in just two short days?”

“Nope not at all, just some observations I have made.”

“Sounds like you have been paying very close attention to me then.” I answer with a smirk.

“Don’t dodge the question Jiwon.”

“Right well you are right on some counts. I’m not cocky at all, I just find it fun teasing you.” I say with a smirk and a shrug of my shoulders. “I definitely act different then I feel, I wouldn’t really call myself happy go lucky.”

I go to continue but am interrupted by the sound of my phone. I quickly pull it out of my pocket hoping to see a message from Joohyun, but I am once again disappointed. I find myself getting more and more worried as the day passes by without so much as a word from her or the others at all. I sigh lightly.

“Everything okay? You’ve been jumping at the sound of your phone all day.”

“Hmm yeah I’m just waiting to hear from a close friend.” I answer as I look over at Nayeon meeting her curious gaze.

“You seem pretty worried though.”

“You’re quite nosy you know.” I chuckle.

“So I’ve been told.” She answers grinning her bunny like teeth showing themselves.

“Heh.. Cute.” I reply and she looks at me confused. I just shake my head and keep walking towards the field where I see the others waiting for me.

I meet Momo’s eyes as I hear her in my mind.

‘Heard anything from Irene?’

‘Nope nothing yet. It’s getting late, she should be back by now.’

‘She’ll be fine unnie, she probably just forgot to message you. You know how she is.’ I hear Chaeyoung say as I look up to see her smiling reassuringly at me.

‘I sure hope you are right Chaeng.’

I feel someone shaking my shoulder lightly and I turn to meet Nayeon’s gaze.

“You okay there? You kinda zoned out on me for a second there.” She says gently.

“Yeah all good, I do that a lot.”

“So I’ve noticed. I’ve gotta get going, but I’ll see you later?” She questions.

“Yeah sure will. So you gonna wait for me after training then?” I reply with a teasing grin.

“Pfft in your dreams loser.” She replies with a flick of her hair before running over to where the rest of the cheerleading team are waiting for her.

I chuckle and shake my head lightly before jogging over to where the girls are waiting for me. I’m met with Jungyeon looking at me with a teasing grin.

“So boss, the wolf and the bunny huh? Never thought I’d see the day.” She says trying to hold back her laughter.

“Shut it pup.” I reply with a half serious death glare as she feigns hurt.

“You wound me your highness.” She adds.

“Oh you are so dead.” I launch myself at her tackling her to the ground as she just cackles away.

“You know Ji when I told you to find yourself a distraction, I didn’t mean a human.” Momo says as she watches on.

I wrestle Jungyeon into a headlock before standing up straight as she struggles at me.

“Sorry Momo, I’ll be careful I promise. I know it hasn’t been long but I feel at ease around her, it’s a perfect distraction from everything. I haven’t felt this relaxed around someone other than you girls since..” I trail off as I think about the past.

“Since Suzy, we know.” Momo says with a sigh as I release Jungyeon from the headlock and Momo squeezes my shoulder gently.

“You know I never imagined the day I would meet a wolf who has a bunny , I mean first Irene, then Suzy and now Nayeon, you are really outdoing yourself boss.” Jungyeon says trying to lighten the mood, causing the others to crack up laughing.

“You really have a death wish pup.” I say as I tackle the idiot to the ground once more.

 

Nayeon’s POV

I glance over at where Jiwon and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter