Recovery and Confusion

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon’s POV

I wake up, rolling over with a groan as the pain in my side hits, memories of last night rushing back to me. I look over to where Irene is sitting in the armchair watching me closely.

“Morning Princess. How you holding up?” She asks as she moves over closer to me.

“I’ve been better, how’s Nayeon?” I reply worried. Irene chuckles lightly.

“She is okay, not a scratch on her, as for how she is going otherwise, she is still asleep, so we won’t know how much she has figured out until she is awake.” She replies and I nod, quickly reaching out to Momo with my mind telling her to send Nayeon in as soon as she wakes up.

“Why aren’t I healing properly?” I ask trying to sit up with a wince. Irene moves to push me back down to the bed with a stern expression.

“There was traces of wolfsbane in your wound. It’s almost as if they knew we were here Ji. Did you recognise any of them?”

“Not personally, but I know members of Youngmi’s coven when I see them. I have no idea what they want from me Hyunnie!” I say frustrated.

“I don’t know either Ji, but once we find Taeyeon and the others we can ask them, maybe it has something to do with the prophecy.”

“I can’t wait that long Hyunnie. They went after Nayeon, I can’t let them hurt any more innocent people to get to me. I won’t let them.” I say as I pull myself of the bed with a groan quickly throwing a t shirt on.

“Ji you can’t go after them now. You still recovering.”

“I know, I’m not suicidal Hyun, I’m just going to check on Nayeon. I need to find out how much she knows, and make sure she isn’t freaking out.” I say, pulling on my jeans.

“Hopefully she doesn’t remember much.”

“I hope so to Hyun, the last thing I want is to drag her into our mess, but if she has figured it out I’m not going to lie to her.”

“Whatever happens I trust you Ji, but promise me that you will relax today. We got rid of the wolfsbane from your wound so it should start to heal now, but it won’t be as quick as it usually is.”

“Don’t worry mum I’ll be careful, I have a football game to play tonight remember.” I reply with a grin.

“I’m not even going to bother to ask you not to play tonight, because I know you will not listen to me.”

“You know me so well.” I say putting an end to the conversation, before heading out the door to my own room, where Nayeon is currently sleeping now.

.................................................................

Inside Momo is sitting in the armchair by my bed watching over Nayeon with a careful expression. When she hears the door open she looks over to me with a small smile.

“How are you holding up?”

“It hurts like a , but I’ve had worse. Irene reckons those filthy bloodsuckers must have coated their nails in wolfsbane. It’s like they knew we were here Moguri.” I reply as I take a seat on the side of my bed watching Nayeon sleep peacefully.

“If that’s the case, then this won’t be the last we see of them. Youngmi is sure to make another appearance.” Momo replies with a sigh.

“I won’t let her hurt anyone else.”

“None of us will Ji, she’ll get what’s coming to her.”

“Mmm, how’s Nayeon been?” I ask changing the topic.

“Sleeping like a baby.” She replies with a small smile.

“Good. I’m gonna hang around until she wakes up. You should go get something to eat.”

“You need to eat too Ji, you need the energy if you want to heal.”

“I’ll be down once Nayeon wakes up, promise.” I reply to which Momo nods before heading out of the room.

Sitting down in the chair I take a moment to watch Nayeon sleeping peacefully. I can’t help but worry about how much she will figure out from what she remembers of last night. The last thing I want is for her to be scared of me. I can’t believe I let her be dragged into our issues, I can guarantee Youngmi and her gang knew that we were friends, and that’s why she sent her goons after her. I should’ve kept my distance from day one.

I sigh loudly as I try not to think about what could’ve happened if I didn’t get there in time last night. It would’ve been just like with Suzy, completely my fault.

My thoughts are interrupted as I her Nayeon stirring beside me.

Nayeon’s POV

I wake up with a groan, rolling over to try and figure out where the hell I am. My head is throbbing and filled with blurred images from the night before. Of blue eyes and creatures that couldn’t possibly be real.

I sit up taking in my surro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter