Five

Ready To Fall

A/N: Trouble in Paradise! duh-duh-duh *waves hands dramatically for emphasis* Please enjoy! ^_^ Two steps forward and one step back.

 

Krystal awoke to the strange feeling of a being poked; in her ear, in her nose, and her eye. Peeking one eye open she witnessed three sets of eyes staring at her and heard a whispered, “Is she dead?”

Jumping up she roared and made her scariest face sending three little girls screaming and running from the room. She gave chase down the hallway before arms were wrapped around her legs and little hands yanked on her wrists pulling her to the floor. The trio had regrouped in the open space and swarmed her quickly bringing her to the floor. The giggling mass of girls piled on top of her and they wrestled trying to trap her limbs to the floor without being tickled.

“Aiyah..you’re such a dork,” Sulli came out of her room to witness the scene.

“Come on girls,” Krystal whispered and pointed at their Auntie who was busy digging in the refrigerator. Sulli screamed and jumped as tickling fingers found her sides and she was attacked from all angles.

“Ahh…get off me,” she tried to catch her breath as she laughed.

“Okay everyone…shh,” Krystal pressed a finger to her lips.

“What’s with the shushing?” Sulli immediately whispered.

“I want to let Vic sleep in, I’ll take care of breakfast and take the girls to school,” Krystal explained.

“You can cook too?” Sulli smirked, “Is there anything you can’t do?”

“I can’t cook,” Krystal shook her head, “Unless you like burned toast and jam.”

The girls made faces and shook their heads with looks of disgust.

“It’s early enough, I’ll take you all to my favorite café,” Krystal winked, “Where they have pancake stacks as tall as you.”

She patted Jihyo’s head as the girl’s eyes lit up like glittering stars.

“Awesome!” Sulli ran into her room rushing to get ready.

Victoria awoke to an empty bed and a quiet house as she leisurely stretched. ‘Quiet house?’ Alarm bells instantly went off in her head and looked at the clock 10 am.

“Oh my god,” she cursed herself as she jumped from the bed.

‘How had she slept in so long?’ She rushed out of the bedroom and to the girls’ room, but the beds were all empty.

“Sulli!” she called, “Krystal!”

Her motherly instincts placed her in full panic mode as she berated herself for bringing a total stranger in her house with her children. She had trusted Krystal and now her children were missing. She grabbed her phone and tried to call Sulli, but there was no answer. Her next call was going to be the police when noises at the door stopped her motions as she listened. Krystal came walking through the door with Chaeyoung holding onto her leg and hitching a free ride.

“Hey, Vic…” Krystal’s words were drowned out as Victoria kneeled down to Chaeyoung and embraced her, kissing her face and looking the squirming girl over from head to toe.

“Are you alright?” she asked and Chaeyoung nodded emphatically unsure why she was getting so much attention from her mother.

“Vic what’s…”

“What the hell did you think you were doing?” Victoria stood and turned her panic into anger as she glared at Krystal.

“I was just…”

“These are my kids, you don’t just take off with them and not tell me!” Victoria shouted, “I didn’t know what to think!”

“Wait a minute,” Krystal raised her hands in surrender, “I just thought…”

“I don’t care what you thought!” Victoria continued as small tears raced down her cheeks from her overflowing emotions, “I don’t even know you and you think its okay to do something like this, if anything had happened to them…”

“I would never do anything to hurt them or you for that matter!” Krystal’s own indignant anger reflected in her voice.

By this point Chaeyoung had begun wailing as the two argued her little face scrunched up into a crying red mess.

“Get out!” Victoria demanded pointing out the door, “I never want to see your face again!”

“That’ll be a little difficult since we work together now,” Krystal replied flippantly before storming out and slamming the door behind her.

“Mommy!” Chaeyoung tugged at her robe as Victoria sank to the floor.

“It's okay baby,” Victoria pulled the little girl into her lap and rocked her gently even as she quietly sobbed herself.

Gathering herself she stood up with Chaeyoung still clinging to her and grabbed her phone dialing the one person she could trust.

“Hello?” came the cheery energetic voice.

“Luna…I think…I just…” she sniffled trying to hold back more tears.

“Hold that thought love I’m on my way,” Luna could sense the trouble over the line and untangled herself from the warm body next to her.

“What’s the matter,” Amber leaned over and kissed her shoulder.

“I don’t know, something’s wrong with Victoria-unnie, I have to go,” she pulled away from the other woman to gather her clothing.

“Hey, wait a second I’ll give you a ride,” Amber jumped up feeling the urgency of the situation.

“Thank you,” Luna smiled softly as she brushed her hair.

Victoria had managed to dress herself and sat in the floor of the living room playing with a now content Chaeyoung. She barely registered a knock before Luna came flying into the room and settled down next to the other woman. She put an arm around her shoulder and coaxed Victoria to lay her head against her shoulder. Amber entered the room a few seconds later and Victoria’s defenses immediately jumped back into place.

“What are you doing here?” her voice was filled with venom.

“Woah, easy there,” Amber nearly reeled back from the glare she received as she held her hands up.

“She’s with me,” Luna motioned for Amber to sit even as Victoria sent a look that said ‘stay and lose a limb.’ Amber hovered indecisively over the chair before Luna gave a loud sigh.

“Will you just sit down.”

Amber obediently dropped her in the chair without a word.

“What’s going on?” Luna returned to comforting her friend.

“Why don’t you ask her, I’m sure Krystal has already told her all about it,” Victoria nearly hissed before her anger wavered at the thought of the young woman.

“Actually I haven’t talked to her since yesterday evening,” Amber looked confused as she made a show of checking her phone again.

“I let Krystal spend the night last night and when I woke up she was gone, my kids were gone,” Victoria explained, “I didn’t know what to think, so when she returned with Chaeyoung I exploded on her.”

“You let Krystal spend the night?” Luna’s eyebrows shot up to her hairline.

“Not like that you ert,” Victoria huffed, “I had her over for dinner and the kids started an impromptu food fight, so I had to wash her clothes.”

“Victoria-unnie,” Amber chose her words carefully, “Krystal loves your kids and your little sister she would never have done anything to hurt them.” Amber fidgeted clasping and unclasping her hands, “If I know Krys, she probably wanted to let you sleep in and take care of things for you.”

“I don’t need her or anyone else taking care of things, I’m doing just fine on my own, I didn’t ask her to do any of that!” Victoria felt her pride swell up.

“When are you going to stop fooling yourself?” Luna frowned.

“Again, whose side are you on?” Victoria tried to glare at Luna, but the other woman was having none of it as she met the gaze head on.

“There are no sides,” Luna rolled her eyes, “You’re the only one drawing lines in the sand.”

“You’re supposed to be my friend, I didn’t call you over here so you could lecture me on relationships, when you’ve only known her a few days and you’re already sleeping together,” Victoria stood up from the floor and Luna followed her, “My phone call was probably the only thing to shut your legs this morning…”

*SMACK*

Victoria’s head whipped to the side as a red mark the size of Luna’s hand began to appear on her cheek. Amber’s eyes widened as she witnessed the strike and she quickly took Chaeyoung’s hand leading the girl out of the room and into the kitchen.

“You hit me?” Victoria’s face was a look of shock.

“Yeah, I guess I did,” Luna spoke quietly.

“I’m being a ,” Victoria didn’t meet Luna’s gaze as she made the statement.

“Yeah you are,” Luna confirmed before reaching up and turning Victoria’s head examining the stinging flesh.

“I’m sorry,” Victoria’s shoulders slumped.

“Don’t be sorry,” Luna caressed the red mark with her thumb, “Make a change.”

Victoria suddenly leaned forward and embraced the short woman with everything she was worth, “Thank you.”

“I know its hard Vic, but not everyone you meet is like your bastard ex-husband, you know that,” Luna rubbed her back, “You and Krystal need to make up, don’t make me kick your .”

Victoria chuckled at the thought of the shorter woman actually trying to beat her up.

“Hey, is there a sippy cup handy, short stack wants something to drink,” Amber stood in the doorway of the kitchen with Chaeyoung beside her.

Chaeyoung kicked her in the shin making Amber yelp as she added, “I’m not short!”

“In the cupboard over the sink,” Luna gestured, “And don’t call her short she doesn’t like that.”

“Yeah, I noticed,” Amber rubbed her shin and limped back into the kitchen.

“We can handle things here and I’ll go pick up the girls from school, why don’t you try to find Krystal,” Luna suggested pulling away.

“I can’t, I overreacted, but I’m not wrong,” Victoria defended weakly.

“You’re not right either,” Luna reasoned, “Go take a shower I’ll ask Amber to get in touch with her.”

“Will you ever stop meddling?” Victoria arched an eyebrow.

“When you stop needing me to,” Luna smirked with a wink before walking off into the kitchen, “Which doesn’t look like it’ll be any time soon.”

Luna walked into the kitchen picking up Chaeyoung and setting her on the counter as the little girl hugged her and shoved a cookie in .

“Cookies really?” Luna cast a questioning look at Amber who shoved a cookie in her own mouth with a shrug.

“Any luck?” she gestured at the phone in Amber’s other hand.

“No, but I know where she is,” Amber shoved the phone back into her pocket, “The same place she always goes to think.”

“Whish woo be?” Luna said around a mouthful of cookie that Chaeyoung had forced into with a giggle.

“The river,” Amber shrugged, “She likes to hear the water splash over the rocks, and the place she sits at doesn’t get much traffic.”