Nine

Ready To Fall

A/N: So here it is, this may be the final chapter unless I get an urge to write an epilogue. I hope everyone enjoys and thank you so much for reading this far. <3 ^_^

 

 

Victoria awoke warm and content with the smell of something burning wafting to her.

‘Something burning?’ her eyes popped open and she sat up quickly as the night before came rushing back to her.

She jumped up hurriedly pulling on her underwear and grabbing a t-shirt that was folded on the dresser before running out into the kitchen. She saw Krystal in a similar t-shirt and shorts frantically stirring a pan and trying to keep watch on another. Victoria quickly rushed over wedging herself between the young woman and the stove as she took over the hot pans. She managed to salvage the rice and expertly juggled tossing it in the pan and turning the beef in the second skillet. Krystal watched her work in awe thinking Victoria really missed her calling as a chef. With everything finally under control and cooked correctly she cut the stove off and set the food on the back burners to cool. She turned to Krystal who was staring at her in the too short shirt and blue .

“I…uh…was trying to cook breakfast,” she gave a sheepish grin and Victoria shook her head.

“That was very sweet of you,” Victoria fixed her with a predatory smirk letting her own gaze travel down Krystal’s body.

Krystal smiled and began backing up as Victoria took purposeful steps toward her.

“Breakfast is going to get cold,” she tried to reason as the counter came up fast behind her again.

‘How do I keep letting her do that?’ she mused briefly before Victoria’s lips were on hers.

“You should really leave the cooking to me,” she mumbled between their lips as Krystal’s arms hung loosely over her shoulders.

Krystal rubbed her legs together amazed at how much of an effect Victoria was having on her. Victoria took notice and inserted her thigh between long beautiful legs making sure to press up against Krystal’s center. Krystal cooed and her lips, hanging onto the taller woman, and beginning to grind shamelessly against the soft skin. Victoria could feel the rapidly growing wetness permeating the satin shorts and groaned. Krystal rested her hands on the counter and lifted herself up to sit on the edge, wrapping her legs around Victoria’s hips and pulling her in closer.

“What about breakfast?” Victoria smirked reaching between them and the front of what, Krystal was sure, were ruined shorts.

“ breakfast,” Krystal growled and Victoria chuckled as the profanity left the young woman’s mouth.

“Listen to the mouth on you,” she teased.

“I’d rather feel a mouth on me,” she panted.

“Guys come on we eat on that counter,” Amber’s voice spooked them causing Krystal to yelp and grab Victoria around the neck in a death grip.

“Aish…don’t you know how to knock?” Krystal seethed.

“We did knock,” Luna joined her with Chaeyoung on her hip, “I brought Vic-unnie some clean clothes, and we already dropped Mina and Jihyo off at school.”

“Momma!” Chaeyoung stretched out her hands as her little body threatened to spill out of Luna’s arms.

“Hey baby,” she took the child and kissed her head, “You ladies hungry?”

“Starved,” Luna and Amber said in unison causing Krystal to roll her eyes.

“Will you take Chae for me while I fix everyone a plate,” Victoria asked handing over her youngest daughter.

Chaeyoung happily bounced into Krystal’s arms as the young woman kissed her cheek.

“So how was your date?” Luna instantly pried as they sat around the table enjoying breakfast.

“Babe,” Amber sighed shaking her head.

“What?” Luna smirked even under the disapproving gaze of her lover.

“It was fun,” Victoria answered simply as she cast a quick glance at Krystal.

“Krys-omma, I’m thirsty,” Chaeyoung shook her sippy cup at Krystal. Luna snorted trying to hold in her laughter, “What…um…what did you just say Chae?”

“Krys-omma,” Chaeyoung repeated proudly and Victoria smiled softly.

“Don’t you mean Krystal unnie?” Amber corrected and the little girl gave her a sour look.

“Krystal-omma, omma, omma!” she insisted as she bounced up and down on Krystal’s lap.

“Alright, alright,” Amber held up her hands in surrender as Luna continued to laugh.

Krystal lifted her up and headed to the kitchen with sippy cup in hand as Amber followed her.

“So,” Luna chose that moment fix Victoria with a questioning gaze, “Did you really have fun as you called it?”

“All night,” Victoria muttered stuffing a fork full of eggs into and blushing.

She jumped when Luna squealed loudly and clapped her hands in excitement.

“Will you calm down, it’s not like I won the lottery,” Victoria rolled her eyes.

“For you?” Luna scoffed, “Yes it is. Now how was it?”

Victoria gave a labored sigh not realizing that Krystal was undergoing the same line of questioning.

“How’d it go?” Amber watched as Krystal seemed to effortlessly hold Chaeyoung in one arm and pour juice in the cup with her free hand.

“It was amazing,” Krystal couldn’t fight the smile on her face which caused Amber to grin.

“So you got through to the ice princess's heart?”

“Don’t call her that,” Krystal glared handing the sippy cup to Chaeyoung who brought it to her lips happily.

“Chill, I was just joking,” Amber smirked, “So did she pop your cherry?”

“Yah, you’re so crude,” Krystal smacked her arm and Chaeyoung giggled swinging her cup wildly at Amber.

Look what you started,” Amber took a step back to avoid getting hit again.

“Good girl, Chae,” she gave her an extra squeeze.

“You do it well, you know,” Amber complimented with a smirk.

“What?”

“The whole mom thing,” Amber shrugged, “It looks good on you.”

“Thanks,” Krystal took on an evil grin, “You should try it.”

//Fast Forward 3 months//

“Nope, never going to get it,” Sulli sighed banging her head on the desk before Krystal grabbed her shoulder stopping her.

“Yes you will,” Krystal laughed as Sulli picked up her pen and tried to write the sentence in English again.

Jihyo and Mina shuffled into the room quietly. Jihyo crawled into Sulli’s lap and Mina into Krystal’s.

“So, the preposition goes here followed by the verb?” Sulli asked as she adjusted her niece on her lap so she could look over her small shoulder.

“See, you’ve got it,” Krystal smiled proudly as Mina looked up at her expectantly.

“What is it girls?” Krystal asked and Jihyo took the pen from Sulli’s hand putting it down on the desk.

“Momma says dinner is ready,” she smiled up at her auntie reaching up to rub the young woman’s temples.

Sulli closed her eyes grateful to have such a caring little niece, “Thank you Jihyonie, I was starting to get a headache.”

“Come on Jihyonie, I’m starving,” Mina grabbed her sister’s hand and tugged her out Sulli’s lap and toward the kitchen.

“Ready for a break?” Krystal smiled as she stood up and stretched.

“Definitely,” Sulli smirked doing the same, “I…uh…I’m glad you decided to move in with us, I’ve never seen Vic unnie so happy, she practically floats across the floor.”

“Me too,” Krystal slid an arm around Sulli’s shoulders and pulled her into a sideways hug kissing her cheek, “Do you think you can keep a secret?”

Sulli’s eyes glittered excitedly, “Better than a dead body.”

“Good,” Krystal ran to the door to check quickly before walking back over to Sulli and lowering her voice to a whisper, “I want to ask your sister a very important question.”

“Seriously!” A wide smile plastered itself to Sulli’s face as she exclaimed.

“Shhh…” Krystal clapped a hand over , “Seriously.”

“Omo,” Sulli hugged her tightly jumping up and down as if it was her that had just been asked for marriage.

“You have to keep it to yourself, you can’t tell anyone, especially not Luna, I don’t think she’d be able to keep it in,” Krystal held up her pinky finger, “Promise.”

“I promise,” Sulli’s pinky linked with hers.

“Just what are you two whispering about?” Victoria stood in the doorway elegant eyebrow cocked in question.

“We weren’t whispering about anything,” Sulli rolled her eyes dismissively, “You’re so paranoid.”

“Right,” Victoria smirked tapping Sulli on the back of the head as she walked by.

“How are the lessons going?” She asked as Krystal sauntered over to her.

“She’s too hard on herself,” Krystal smirked, “She reminds me of someone.”

There was a playful glint her eyes as she tilted her head up and Victoria leaned in to meet her. Their lips pressed together lightly at first, but it wasn’t long before both women were lost to the need for more. It was Krystal who pulled away first smoothing her hands over the front of Victoria’s shirt as if straightening it.

“Tonight?” It was both a promise and a question.

“Tonight,” Victoria readily agreed before giving the lips she found so irresistible one last quick peck, “And then you can tell me what’s on your mind, you’ve been unusually quiet lately.”

“In due time,” Krystal scrunched her nose up cutely and walked past the older woman and into the kitchen.

After dinner Mina and Jihyo occupied themselves in their room as Chaeyoung ran through the house screaming at the top of her lungs and as the day she was born. She had just had her bath and at her first opportunity slipped from Krystal’s towel laden grasp to go tearing through the house.

“Chae,” Krystal laughed chasing after the little cherub as she giggled.

“What’s going on out here?” Victoria emerged from their bedroom with a toothbrush stuck in barely moving in time as her youngest daughter flew past her.

Chaeyoung scrambled underneath the bed where she suddenly became quiet. An odd shape caught her attention in a nook between the frame of the bed and the mattress. She reached for the small velvet box plucking it from it hiding place and quickly flipping it open. Her eyes widened and she let out a small “ohh” as she watched the glinting ring inside. The moment was short lived as fingers grabbed her around the ankles and dragged her out from under the bed. She squealed and laughed as she struggled in her mother’s arms.

“Momma look,” she held up the small box and Krystal’s heart hammered in her chest as she realized what was happening.

“What do you have?” Victoria took the velvet box from her and opened it before Krystal could stop her.

“Vic…wait,” Krystal felt fear as she never had before running the length of her spine and making her nauseous.

“Krystal what is this?” Victoria opened it up and gasped seeing the beautiful diamond studded silver ring.

“I…well…” Krystal stammered and looked at her feet.

“Here,” She handed Chaeyoung to Krystal and closed the small box before handing it to Krystal as well, “Go put Chae to bed, then say what you need to say.”

Chaeyoung sensed the change in the atmosphere and settled down as Krystal carried her out of the room. When Krystal returned she saw Victoria sitting in the bed leaning back against the head board waiting for her. Crawling onto the bed she sat legs crossed her knees pressing against Victoria’s.

“This isn’t how I planned it,” she began, “But here goes…”

She took a deep breath closing her eyes for a moment to gather her nerves before opening them and meeting a soft smile.

“I don’t want to miss a moment of this life, I will forever be grateful for the space you made for me, and I don’t want you to ever waste a single second wondering if you’re loved, if you’re children and sister are taken care of, and I know you can handle your own business, but I still want share as much of that burden as you’ll let me,” Krystal felt tears sting her eyes, but continued, “Song Victoria, I love you, will you marry me?”

Krystal presented the box once more, flipped open, and held her breath as Victoria’s face gave away nothing to how she was feeling. It started with a small sniffle, before Victoria’s raised her hand to cover , then her eyes squeezed shut, and her shoulders started to shake in gentle sobs. Although it pained Krystal to watch, she knew Victoria needed this moment to shake off the last visages of the past. The older woman wiped at her eyes and took a ragged breath as she searched Krystal’s eyes. All she found was pure undeniable love…and fear. Not trusting herself to speak she held up her left hand and nodded emphatically before more tears could fall. The look on Krystal’s face was worth it as it lit up with the essence of a thousand suns. With shaking hands Krystal slipped the ring free of its satin nest and quickly slid it onto Victoria’s ring finger. Victoria lurched forward knocking Krystal on her back as she hugged her tightly.

“I love you too,” Victoria cried openly into Krystal’s shoulder as years of struggle and pain rose to the surface.

It threatened to consume her at first, but then became lighter as Krystal held her and took that burden onto herself. She knew in that moment she had finally found the piece of her that had been missing for so long. Somehow Krystal had anchored herself into her life and through it all the young woman had stayed. When others had been easily brushed off or intimidated by her family, Krystal had embraced her, worked diligently, and now she wanted to make it permanent. She would tell her all of these things, everything she was feeling, eventually, but right now their physical connection would have to do.