Three and a Half

Ready To Fall

A/N: This is a mini-update please enjoy!

 

Chaeyoung began to giggle as the older woman tickled her relentlessly. Chaeyoung wriggled out of her hold and stood up to run away. Krystal chased after her and Victoria laughed at the look of genuine playfulness on the young woman’s face.

“Mommy!” Chaeyoung laughed jumping into her mother’s lap and wrapping her arms around her neck.

Krystal came jogging back to collapse on her back on the blanket, “Oh boy, I need to restart my exercise regimen.”

“Oof,” she let out a rush of air when the five year old plopped down on her stomach.

“Looks like you’ve finally found a friend your age,” Victoria teased and Krystal made a “haha you’re so funny” face.

“She’s cute, I can’t wait to meet the others,” Krystal smirked and Chaeyoung giggled as she played with Krystal’s phone, “Hey you little pick pocket, give that back.”

“If you’re still serious about dinner, you should come over tonight,” Victoria spoke to her with quiet consideration.

“I’d like that,” Krystal sat up with Chaeyoung in her lap.

“It’ll be Sulli, Jihyo, Mina, and of course this little one,” Victoria poked the little girl making her giggle, “Think you can handle it?”

“No,” Krystal shook her head with a chuckle, “But I’m willing to try.”

“Thank you,” Victoria felt her walls crumbling slightly.

“For what?”

“Being honest, it’s refreshing,” she said sincerely and Krystal felt her cheeks heat up with modesty.

“Baby you ready to go?” Victoria stood up and held her hand out to her daughter.

“Bye Krystal,” Chaeyoung gave the other woman a tight hug before taking Victoria’s hand.

Krystal watched them walk away torn between melting at the adorable mother daughter bond and watching Victoria’s legs in the skinny jeans she was wearing.

“Well damn,” she huffed falling backward onto the blanket with a laugh. Forcing herself up she packed up the blanket and basket and made her way back to her car. She dialed a familiar number and held the phone to her ear as it rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey stupid,” Krystal greeted her friend.

“Hey princess, so how’d it go?” Amber asked.

“Well Luna’s info paid off, they were at the park and I think I scored definite brownie points, she invited me to dinner in a more pleasant way this time,” Krystal sighed with a small frown.

“You don’t sound happy about that,” Amber replied in confusion.

“What if her family doesn’t like me?” Krystal bit her lip.

“Oh boy, don’t do that.”

“Do what?”

“Doubt yourself,” Amber chuckled, “You’ll be fine.”

“How do you know?”

“Because you’re my best friend, I know you, and I’ve never seen you so committed before,” Amber explained.

“Tell Luna thank you for me, and wish me luck.”

“You don’t need it, but good luck anyway,” Amber ended their call.

Sulli waved goodbye to her friends before walking up the steps to her house. She could smell something delicious cooking and eagerly walked through the front door. She deposited her back pack in the living room as Mina and Jihyo ran up to her.

“Hey girls,” she bent down and hugged them and noticed they were wearing pretty dresses.

“Why are you two all dressed up?”

“Momma’s got a date,” Mina crossed her arms with a pout, “I feel like a doll.”

“Me too,” Jihyo sighed.

“Ssul is that you?” Victoria called, “Go wash up we’re having company.”

“Okay Vic-unnie,” Sulli sighed and shook her head, “Come on you two, let’s get you out these things.”

Jihyo and Mina gave a grateful smile and followed their auntie down the hall. Sulli stripped the bows out of their hair and dressed them in more comfortable jeans and tops.

“Ssulnie?” Jihyo sat on her bed as Sulli brushed her hair.

“What is it?” Sulli inquired.

“Are we why Mom’s so lonely?” her question was so quiet Sulli wasn’t sure she had heard.

“No, of course not,” Sulli shook her head making them both sit on the bed as she kneeled in front of them, “Mommy is lonely because she’s a stubborn old lady who worries too much.”

“Old lady huh?” a voice startled her and she turned her head to find Victoria arms crossed, leaning against the doorway.

“Vic-unnie how long were you…”

“What have you done, do you have any idea how long it took me to get them ready,” Victoria sighed.

“Victoria, they’re little girls for crying out loud not Barbie dolls let them wear what they want,” Sulli stood up defending them.

“I just want them to make a good impression that’s all,” Victoria spoke dismissively.

“Why do you care, I thought the whole point was to send Krystal running for the hills,” Sulli put her hands on her hips.

“Well..I..” Victoria couldn’t come up with a valid reason and decided to just shut .

“Ohhh,” Sulli smiled brightly as realization dawned on her, “You’re starting to like her.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Victoria stood up from where she was leaning, “Now go get cleaned up she’ll be here any minute.”

The three girls watched her leave and Sulli looked down at her nieces.

“I think Mommy needs to loosen up a little, and I think we need to set up a little test for Miss Krystal, what do you say?”

“I’m in,” Jihyo smiled.

“Me too,” Mina nodded.

“Come on we’ll come up with a plan while I get ready,” she exited their bedroom and they followed her eagerly.