Just a Human

Lee Jinki one-shot series

Rated PG-13

mostly description of blood and scariness lol no gore yet XD

                                                                                                                                                  

 

"Bye!" She yelled to those behind her as she was walking out of the club. You could smell the sweat and alcohol in the air around her. The club was bouncing with the beats of the loud techno music. People were on the dance floor, jumping and grinding and laughing, drinking and drinking their troubles away. An entire crowd of men stood behind her, ogling her backside as the moved. 

"Hey! Call me!" A man screeched out after her.  He smelled like so much alcohol, it made her gag, but she stopped and turned slightly to wink at him, before continuing her way down the sidewalk, her leather black purse slung over her shoulder.  She looked absolutely stunning, in her black heels, lined with silver studs. Her legs were absolutely gorgeous in her hot pink mini-dress, it fit so snug against her thighs, no wonder those men had been staring at her. Her long brown hair hung down in beautiful ringlets, lining her heart-shaped face. Her large doe-eyes looked even larger behind her circle lenses.

She oozed confidence as she walked. It was a full moon - bright in the sky. There was no need for a streetlamp, it was easy to see her way back to her apartment. She had never really thought it to be scary, walking alone in the dark through that dim alleyway. All that really struck her was that it smelled like mold and rotting garbage. She wrinkled her nose at the familiar smell, waving her manicured hand in front of her face to hopefully shoo the stench away. 

She hadn't noticed the shadow of a man behind her, slinking through the darkness after her. She hadn't noticed that he was centimeters away from her, he only had to reach out and grab her-

She turned, feeling somewhat odd. For the first time walking home in the dark, alone, she felt scared. She shuddered, and it ran down her, making her feel suddenly so cold. She gripped her phone tightly in her hand and looked around once more before turning back, walking just a bit faster than before. She knew someone was following her. She could feel the person, though she couldn't hear their footsteps, she could SENSE that they were there.

She walked out of the alley and into the clearing that led straight to her apartment. She breathed a sigh of relief. She would never be able to walk through that alley again without feeling unsafe. This was her hometown, the place where she had grown up with her parents (they were definitely dead, by the way. Died in a fire, the police had explained to her), and she had never felt unsafe here. Ever.

She smiled to herself, and moved her gorgeous leg to take a step forward, but was suddenly yanked back by her hair, her phone slipping from her hands and to the pavement with a crack, and slammed up against the brick wall on the outside of the club. With her ear pressed up against it, she could hear the music inside, hear the people laughing and talking and screaming, screaming, screaming.

No, that screaming was her, she realized. It was coming from . Her eyes widened as she took in the man in front of her. His eyes were dark - so dark and black, like the pupil took up his entire eye - and his hair, so long and brown, falling in just the right places. He's handsome, she admitted to herself, utterly stunned into silence. No, his hand was over , pressing so gently against her face. When he realized she had stopped screaming, he grinned at her and moved his hand back to cup her cheek, smoothing his calloused thumb over her skin. 

Her heart stopped; was this...? No, he couldn't be. Those weren't fangs, she told herself. Teeth, just teeth. No such thing, she reassured herself. Just a myth, no such thing. The man his plump lips and smirked at her. 

He could feel the blood pulsing through her veins underneath his hand. Her cheek was slowly heating up, blood rising to her face. He could feel it's flow beneath his hand, feel her heartbeat quicken it's pace. She was beautiful, he decided. An easy target. He always picked the easy ones, the girls just walking home at night, texting on their cell phones, jabbering away to themselves. They always bored him, so he ended them quickly just so he could feed and get it over with, but her... He knew her. He had been watching her, for quite some time now. He found her... interesting. He could see the film of her circle lenses over her eyes and he frowned. He wanted to see her true eyes, not these pieces of plastic. 

He leaned forward, in toward her neck, running the tip of his nose from the tip of her jaw to the end of her collarbone, up and down. She smelled so good, like lilac and strawberries and sweat and HUMAN. He could FEEL her blood, FEEL it's warmth underneath her skin. Oh, did he want to bite, bite hard, bite until she bled and bled and bled and - 

She squeaked, trying to fight away from him. He grinned against her neck, stopping himself for a second to lift his head and look into her eyes. She looked terrified; her aura oozed fear. He loved it, oh how he loved when he fed and they cried and begged and shook and - He shook his head. He wanted to play with her first. 

"S-Stop it!" She screeched, lifting her hands to push him away, but he was too heavy, too much like stone. He wouldn't budge. He just grinned at her, so utterly handsome and she could have sworn his eyes had turned bright blood red for a second. 

"You want me to stop, hmm?" He asked, leaning back down to press a kiss to her neck, it lightly. His tongue was rough and wet, leaving a streak that scorched her skin where it touched. She hissed. 

"S-Stop, now! I- You don't want to do this!"

"Oh?" He asked, grinning wickedly against her skin. He could FEEL the blood flush against her flesh, flowing and her heartbeat beating - THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. So fast, like a hummingbird. Why had he decided to play with her first? Oh right, the thrill. That and the fact that their blood tasted SO much better laced with fear. 

She could feel his lips on her neck, turning into a smirk. She shuddered. What the heck was he doing? Was he a ? Who else would throw her up against a wall and do weird things to her? He was most likely a . She didn't want to think about what she had seen, the quick flash of pointed white teeth. Her mind was fooling her into thinking he was just a man, just a normal human being... who was trying to her.

"STOP!" She screamed louder, hoping someone, anyone would hear her. He only seemed to smile wider.

"No one will hear you." He sounded like he was laughing, and she realized, he was. His body was shaking with giggles, and she grimaced. 

"Please stop!" She screamed and fought against him, but the beats of the music from inside drowned her out, and no one was near to hear her. He was right, she was going to be killed or and no one would hear her screams. "Please!" 

"Why should I?" He asked, leaning back to smirk down at her. She was shaking in his arms, and it excited him to no end. 

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asked, closing her eyes tightly as he leaned back in to nose her neck.

 "I've been watching you for a few weeks now. Not so closely, but I know you never bring guys back to your apartment. I know once you get home you shed out of thise facade and into your glasses and sweatpants and comfy sweaters. I know you sit in front of your TV and watch dramas and cry as you eat ice-cream. I know that once a week you visit your parents grave and burn incense for them and leave them flowers. I know you don't have many friends, and I know you're lonely under all of this. I know everything about you." He leaned back again and grinned. Her eyes widened in utter shock and confusion.

"H-How?" She whispered. He leaned in closer, so close, his nose against hers, lightly brushing against her cheek. She closed her eyes at the contact, pressing closer. Her body was betraying her. Though she was so afraid, her body loved his touch, like it was familiar somehow. It warmed her body, from her toes to her cheeks, everything felt so wonderful, though she couldn't keep herself from shaking in slight fear.

He blinked at her reaction. He had never expected her to react like that. "I've been watching you. I told you."

She gulped and nodded, leaning into his touch. His hands were moving around her, one arm s around her waist to grip her side, as the other moved to carress her cheek again. 

"You're a curious one, aren't you?" He chuckled, sniffing her hair. He wanted to groan, she just smelled so good.  He felt something click in his mind, and suddenly everything was different. He knew her, somehow. He just KNEW. He wracked his brain for the answer, for anything. She hadn't appeared to be "familiar" to him before. Maybe it was because she was so close... right up against him... something about the way her body fit against his felt so right.

"What's your name?" She asked, lifting her hand to cup the back of his head with a shaking hand. She definitely wasn't scared anymore. Something about him just felt so right.

"Jinki. Lee Jinki." He murmured. He wasn't in the mood anymore. Sure, he was starving, he needed the blood, but he felt that he should walk away from her now. He didn't want to waste her. She was curious, something he was sure he had never experienced before, and he wanted to see her again. He didn't want to kill her just yet. What was she doing to him? She wasn't anything but a bag of blood; just a human.

When she opened her eyes to tell him her own name, he had vanished. The only thing left was the picture of his lopsided grin burned into her retinas, just like his touch and scent were scorched into her mind.

Though she was so utterly afraid of the monster that had just been in front of her, touching her so gently, she hoped he would come back again.

                                                                                                                                            

I VERY MUCH APPROVE OF THIS CHAPTER. Comment and subscribe, NOW.