Forever

Lee Jinki one-shot series

Rated PG-13

More death lol

                                                                                                         

Your POV

 

"I'm truly sorry." I said, trying to wipe the blood from your cheeks. Your soft brown tresses were turning hard with it, stained a disgusting red now.  "I didn't mean for this to happen. Why did you do this? Why?" My tears fell onto your face, mixing with your bright red blood. My hands were covered with it, but I didn't really care anymore. I wanted to die too. Just like you were.

"Don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong." You tried to breathe, tried to inhale and exhale and stay alive, but it wasn't working. "I couldn't let him get you. I couldn't let him shoot you." You had thrown yourself in front of me before he could shoot me. Though he was still going to shoot the both of us anyway, it was still a noble thing to do.

"I did a lot wrong. I hurt you. I hurt others." I cried.

"You were only trying to keep them safe." You smiled at me, sad and sweet. "It was what you thought was right, what you thought was best."

"I tried to keep you away, I really did but... You..." Blood continued to flow from the wound in your shoulder and the wound in your stomach. You shuddered. It was dark in here, in this warehouse, where those stupid people had lured you. If only you listened to me. If only you had stayed away. You would still be okay. 

I owed money to a loan shark. When my parents died, I was left with their debt, and I had to pay it off somehow. And stupid me, went to a loan shark, and now I owed him money. He warned me that if I didn't pay him back, he would kill everyone I loved. And he did. First, he killed my grandma. Then he killed my best friend. Then he killed my brother. I was left with no one.

Until you. No matter how many times you asked me out, I refused. When you gave me flowers, I took them home and tried my hardest to burn them, to ruin them, but it was no use. I was absolutely in love with you, and I couldn't be. It was wrong. So, I said the worst things to you. To try and keep you away. But that didn't work, did it? You always came right back, with that huge grin on your face. I always wondered how you managed to not hate me. Everyone else did, but that was okay, I wanted it to be that way. But you never listened, did you?

"I'm so sorry." I murmured, pushing your hair back so I could kiss your forehead. You shook your head and grinned, though a flash of pain ran across your face when you moved. You scooted your body closer to me, as close as you could get. They were going to come back soon, to kill me too probably. Not that I would care, I had  nothing left in this world. Nothing.

"Kiss me." You mumbled, weaving your bloodied fingers through mine. Your t-shirt was so ripped, and I could see the blood squirt and squelch from the gunshot wound when you moved. The flesh was so torn, ripped apart by the bullet. "Kiss me, for real." 

There was nothing left to lose now. Before, I would have thought this absolutely wrong. I would have slapped you and said disgusting, rude things to you to get you to stay away from me. But now, it was okay. I was done trying to push you away. So I leaned down and kissed you softly, just a brush of your cold lips against mine. 

"I'm really, really sorry." I had stopped crying. There was nothing left in me. I was just so tired of running. So tired of everything. 

"Don't be. At least I finally got to kiss you." You chuckled and winced when your stomach wound made a disgusting noise. 

I heard the warehouse door open then, and my head turned so fast I could have snapped my neck. It was him, again, with that gun he had shot you with. He stood in front of us, and I couldn't stop myself from shaking, I was utterly scared of this man. He smirked at me, and nodded at you. 

"This should be over soon enough, don't you worry. I realize now that you will never have the money to pay me back, and I'm tired of trying to collect from you. You're done. This is over." He moved the gun to point it at me, and I flinched, my eyes closed reflexively. You started to scream.

"No, don't shoot her! Please!" You tried to sit up and use your body to shield me. It was no use. He kicked you aside.

"JINKI!" I screamed. He reached forward and grabbed my hair, pulling me up to face him. 

"You'll join him in death soon enough. Don't worry." He smirked, and I shuddered against the urge to hurl all over him. 

And then he pushed the gun against my collarbone, and pulled the trigger. I didn't scream. I could feel it break through my bone, tear through my flesh. I was too preoccupied by the pain from that to pay any attention to him shooting me in the leg and stomach, blood stained the floor, pooling around us. Through your pain you crawled towards me, gasping out my name.

There was so much pain, I couldn't breathe. When I could finally gasp in a tiny breath, I whimpered for you. "Jinki."

You crawled to me and placed your blood stained hand on my cheek. "I'm so sorry," You started saying, but you cut yourself off. Your chocolate brown eyes widened, and you gasped. I hadn't noticed, but blood had come spurting out of my mouth, running down my chin and onto my shirt. I couldn't move. Everything was red with blood, the world was turning hazy in my eyes. I turned my head towards you to say something, and I saw you laying down on my left side, staring at me with loving eyes as you struggled with every breath.

"I love you, Jinki." I said, but it came out so muddled with blood. My mouth tasted like it; like rust and copper and salt, it was disgusting. But you understood what I said. You held my hand tightly in your, squeezing it so hard you could have broken my bones. It was so cold, and your hand felt so good against mine. I closed my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips.

"I love you too." You said, smiling sadly. Tears fell from your beautiful eyes, just as they did mine. It was time. I stared at you until the life started to leave your eyes, and you stared right back. I started losing senses, I couldn't hear anymore, I couldn't feel anymore, but I could feel your hand against mine, your blood-soaked fingers moving against mine in a soothing manner. And then the feeling was gone, your hand was limp in mine, and I watched as the last bit of life left your eyes. 

"I love..." You had started to say, but you never finished. You were gone. That man came over, laughing at us. 

"Oh, so cute~." He sneered and stomped on my leg, breaking it. I didn't scream then either. I couldn't feel it. I just smiled at him.

"You will burn in hell for all eternity, never knowing what true love really is." I smiled at him, and I knew it was probably a scary sight to see, my teeth and lips covered in my own blood.  A spasm rocked my body then, and I was gone, all I could see was you next to me, lifeless but so handsome. 

Everything was bright, and I heard someone talking to me. It was you. There was nothing around us, just a white light. You grinned at me, your head cocking to the side. "Hey. Let's go." You grabbed my hand and I smiled and kissed your cheek.

"Jinki, where are we going?"

"You know exactly where we're going." You laughed, squeezing my hand. I heard other voices too. My mom and dad, my brother, my grandma, my best friend, calling my name. "Let's go. Come on!" They kept saying, their eyes twinkling with tears of joy. 

"I missed you." I called to all of them, and they nodded fervently. 

"We missed you too. So much." My dad said, kissing the top of my head. "My little girl."

Your hand never left mine. We continued walking, to wherever we were going. You kissed my forehead. 

"Saranghae." You murmured and I smiled so widely I thought my skin would rip. 

"Saranghae." I said right back. And we walked, hand in hand, with my family, to the pearly white gates of Heaven, where we would spend eternity together. Forever.