Min Hwa Reveals His Taste in Women

I Called Him Hyung, He Calls Me Boy

 

Chapter Three

Min Hwa Reveals His Taste in Women

 

Mi Hyun’s legs dangled off the edge of the wall as she glanced around campus, having the perfect view of practically the whole campus from where she sat. She was surrounded by the rest of the Super Junior ensemble, who all seemed quite motivated to practically vacuum in the food they’d brought in for lunch the moment they’d all congregated to the spot. Her cheeks had flushed a little embarrassedly when she had had to ask for Siwon to help her onto the wall as she was much too short to pull it off on her own. He hadn’t seemed to mind though, and she had been surprised that he remained a gentleman no matter who he was with. It was quite admirable actually.

There was a relative silence between them, not really because of awkwardness but more because they were so eager to eat. She picked at her food, not as energetic as they were as she was not a pubescent teenage boy – despite pretending to be one. This also rarely went unnoticed by particularly Leeteuk, who the others often teased because of his “umma-like” nature. While she could get away with it from most of the others, who often just cast around wary glances with each other, the leader was practically ready to force feed her if need be.

Just when the male in question seemed ready to bring up her untouched plate, she was saved from Eunhyuk pointing out several girls that passed by, all giggling and tossing around their hair like no tomorrow. Mi Hyun watched them with distaste, having always been the target of bullying from such girls back in her younger years.

They could seem like complete angels when around guys, always batting their eyes cutely and acting ditzy so that they were underestimated. Mi Hyun knew well though how truly horrible they were when they weren’t around any kind of male or authority figure. She held her tongue though, knowing that none of the boys around her would probably buy such an idea.

She was confirmed in her assumption, when Eunhyuk pointed them out subtly. “Look over there.” He told them and the moment the others’ laid their eyes on the girls they almost immediately began to toss compliments left and right. Some praised the females that strode passed innocently, commenting on how pretty they were. Mi Hyun, however, was not surprised when others made very erted comments.

 Mi Hyun was silent when she felt a slight nudge from Kangin, who was watching the girls with wide eyes. “Min Hwa, what do you think about ‘em?” He asked, referring to them not at all subtly as he jabbed a finger in their direction. This immediately sent them into more giggling as they covered their faces as though they were embarrassed. She heard coos from the boys at how cute their reactions were.

After swallowing down any kind of hateful comments, Mi Hyun spoke lightly. “They’re nice… I guess.” She responded, while all of them raised their eyebrows at her like she was insane, and she panicked. She tried to save herself by adding, “I g-guess I’m comparing them to K-pop idols – who are so much hotter.”

There was a chorus of approval and Mi Hyun sighed in relief as they agreed with her. They all began to launch into a conversation where they all shared their favorite girl in K-pop and soon it came around to being Mi Hyun’s turn.

She hesitated when Heechul asked who her K-pop bias was, as she struggled to think. Mi Hyun knew that – as she had been the one to bring it up – that they would all think her to be the expert on girl idols. Her heart began to race as she had to bite back spouting off all about her love for all of the male groups her brain kept reminding her of.

Mi Hyun remembered having to go into her brother’s room on the occasion whenever she needed help with homework or just advice in general, and luckily recalled the posters he had had hanging up.

“My bias is BoA.” She finally stuttered out and the others chuckled – having interpreted Min Hwa’s hesitation as him being shy about his “major crush” over her. Mi Hyun tried to keep a straight face as they admired her taste. She figured that, at least, that had gotten them to completely forget about her dislike for the girls that had been walking around the quad.

“What about you, Heechul-hyung?” She countered, being a mixture of curious, as well as, wanting to get back at him for putting her on the spot.

Leeteuk chuckled, being the only one in the group older than Heechul tended to give him the advantage of saying things the others couldn’t – unless they had a death wish. “You’re not picky at all compared to him. I doubt he even has a bias, unless it’s himself.”

Heechul crossed his arms while the rest of the boys had to refrain from looking like they agreed with Leeteuk – even though they definitely did. The feminine male made a “pfft” noise before responding, “I have a bias that’s not myself.”

“I suppose they’re your second bias then.” Leeteuk cut in, sticking his tongue out oh so maturely.

Heechul ignored him, “I think IU’s pretty cute… If those pedo ajusshis backed off, I’d have a chance with her.”

Shindong snorted, in the process of eating what Mi Hyun counted as his third, homemade sandwich. “Like you’d have chance with an idol.”

“YAH!” Heechul defended. “Who’s to say I won’t enter the entertainment industry and win the hearts of millions?”

Mi Hyun sat back and laughed quietly enough so that only she could hear herself. While the others began to launch into a heated argument over whether or not Heechul could actually succeed in what he said, she merely enjoyed the moment. She wanted to absorb everything she could just in case her fantasy world was ripped away from her – as it would whenever they found out Min Hwa was in fact Mi Hyun. She just wanted to spend as much time as she could with such… dorks

 

Author's Note: 

Finally updated! And this time I will make sure to save everything. Please enjoy ^_^. 

~*Carissa*~