Min Hwa Meets Super Junior

I Called Him Hyung, He Calls Me Boy

 

Chapter Two

Min Hwa Meets Super Junior 

 

“Alright, Min Hwa-ssi.” Donghae’s voice brought Mi Hyun back into the present as she stopped listening to her heart beat frantically. What was she getting herself into? Mi Hyun was a bad liar and an even worse actor. “Why don’t you come and sit with me and my friends at lunch? Unless… you already have plans.”

Mi Hyun shook her head, “A-aniyo, I don’t have any plans.” To this, he smiled a familiar goofy and child-like grin that was all the same very cute. He gestured for her to follow her and she had to admit she hadn’t expected him to be so welcoming. As Mi Hyun had never actually interacted with Donghae, she had never known completely what he would be like. When the girls that crowded the halls waiting for him to pass by had sworn that he was the sweetest boy in the world. However, as she had never met him in person, she had never been quite sure if they were simply just biased or not.

Donghae grasped her wrist and began to drag her along the halls. Her legs being much shorter than his made it far for her to keep up, as she practically tripped over herself. When reaching the lunch hall, however, the table was not too far away from the doors. The table was positioned at the edge of the room, three smaller tables having been pushed together to create one massive table.

It had originally started out with twelve boys all getting together in their freshman year, some having been good friends before that. When they had been sophomores, a new boy had transferred into their school district, thus making up thirteen boys. Finally, half-way into junior year two foreign exchange students had transferred in from China. The group had been a strong fifteen after that, and despite there being so many of them, they all got along well and had their own distinct personality the rest of the school knew them for.

She cast her gaze around the table hesitantly as all turned their attention to Donghae, smiling when he had arrived. Eunhyuk, his best friend, raised a slight eyebrow, "What took you so long?" The others nodded, some noticing her as she stood a few feet away from the subject of their attention. Others seemed to have not noticed her at all.

"I brought us a new friend," His smile was enough to light a dozen candles, "This is Min Hwa-ssi." He gestured towards Mi Hyun, who was practically hiding behind the vending machine situated near the table. She waved shyly as their reactions seemed fairly friendly for them not knowing her. Despite there being fifteen of them, she had never had them in any major classes. Mi Hyun had had a few of them in her gym class in her Freshman year, however that was a class she had made a point to be invisible. She was not at all coordinated and knew she'd always be cursed with such a lack of athletic ability.

There was just barely enough room for her to squeeze herself between two boys on the small bench space. Turning to her right, large, opulent eyes met her own, partially covered by the dark strands of hair that he swept away with his hand. His lips were a faint pink that matched the sweatshirt he was wearing. The boy was known all around the school as the Aegyo King – Lee Sungmin. On her other side, the “Eternal Maknae” of the group, sat beside her comfortably, as she took notice of his puffy cheeks and youthful smile. The two cute boys tried their best to make as much room for her as possible.

“Where are you from?” Sungmin asked and it took a couple of seconds for Mi Hyun to remember all of the boys at the table believed her to be the new student, Jang Min Hwa. She supposed they would be curious to a person that even she barely knew.

Mi Hyun fidgeted as the others had also switched their attention to her, as she pursed her lips as she tried to come up with something. “I’ve always lived here…” She trailed off awkward, “I was h-homeschooled.”

They nodded in understanding. Mi Hyun relaxed a little as they resumed in their previous conversations. Ryeowook turned to her, his eyes edging down to the empty space in front of her on the table. “You don’t have anything to eat?” He asked and Mi Hyun responded with a shake of her head. She normally went into the library to get her homework done rather than sit alone in the cafeteria. She had never been particularly good at the social game.

The boy smiled softly in her direction, his tone incredibly nurturing as he pushed over a portion of his own lunch.

“Here, have some of this.” He encouraged her to eat by pushing it closer, raising an eyebrow when she didn’t have an immediate reaction. Mi Hyun instead noticed his plate was devoid of almost all it had had before. She felt guilty, not wanting him to starve. It surprised her that he was so willing to do that for her, even if they had just met. Sungmin glanced over to the both of them and took note of what was happening and gave her some of his lunch as well.

Finally Mi Hyun shook her head stubbornly, “I won’t take your lunches - I’ll be fine.” Her voice rang out firm and was much higher pitched than either of theirs. She was curious as to how she was so believable as a guy besides her boyish appearance.

Both of them exchanged a look before scoffing, “You need it much more than we do.” They pointed out to how incredibly small she was in comparison to them. She had not even reached the hundred pound mark yet, and was only able to claim she was five feet tall. Mi Hyun supposed in the guy world that such a small boy would be a considered incredibly strange. She took a second to bite her lip, considering it, however then sighed.

“Let me repay you at least.” She wouldn’t let them get away with some kind of free meal – Mi Hyun was not the type to mooch off of others even if they seemed willing. “I’ll… take you guys to dinner.”

At the mention of food, all treated out by Mi Hyun, several boys’ heads snapped up. “We’re going to dinner?” It was the voice of Shindong, a boy mildly chubbier than the others however that did not gain him any poor treatment as he was humorous and sweet. It seemed that all of the members were sweet…

Mi Hyun gulped, wondering if she could pull off such a feat of paying for fifteen teenage boys, plus herself. She remembered her brother could eat everything in their house and then some with all of his male hormones. She shuddered to think of that times fifteen. Mi Hyun parted her lips, about to answer, when someone cut in.

“Are you really going to ask Min Hwa-ssi to treat us all out to dinner on his first day here? You’re going to scare him off.” The caramel-haired speaker’s lips curved upward kindly, the dimple on one of his cheeks showing prominently. He was the oldest of all of them, and despite Donghae being more or less the prince of the school, Leeteuk was the one that kept the fifteen of them together and strong. He was considered the Angelic Leader of the group of boys that called themselves “Super Junior.”

“Why not?” Heechul, the second oldest smirked towards his hyung. His look was incredibly unique, if she was to put it in the least offensive way. He was often known as a flower or even Princess, because of his soft, feminine features. Perhaps most could even get past his appearance, however the personality that lied beneath only further enhanced his image. “It shouldn’t be so easy to join into this group.”

The others rolled their eyes. “You’re just jealous that you’ve finally found someone that is pretty like you.” Mi Hyun flushed at the comment, however Heechul smirked and muttered something about being much prettier.

Donghae leaned over to glance over at Mi Hyun, before nodding. “It seems you have some competition, hyung.”

 

Author's Note:

... I think I'll leave it there :p. Sorry it's taken so long to update. Being back in school drains me -.-. 

~*Carissa*~