Peek A Boo

Things in Interesting Places

will possibly make this a series, with other pairings and more side stories. don't know yet. but this took a turn from what i was orginally thinking


Jeonghan swallowed that ball that seemed to form in his throat thanks to his nervousness. He could do this. He could walk in, give the drinks to the workers and Joshua, and then make an appointment for a consultation. He could. Standing there he psyched himself up, deflating after a good five minutes. He couldn’t do this. God no. He his heel, ready to leave until a face came into view.

“Hey, are you the dude who came into the store drunk and said Joshua’s s were pretty?” The tattooed man smirked at Jeonghan, eyes dancing with mischief. 

Coloring Jeonghan, started to cough in embarrassment. God damn his running mouth when he was piss poor drunk. “I, I,”

He laughed. “It’s cool. Are you here to see him? Let’s go inside. I think he’s on break now.”

The tattooed man took Jeonghan by the shoulder and turned him back towards the shop door, and then steered him inside. As the bell above the door rang, he called out, “Ooh Shua! Guess who I have here?”

Joshua came out from behind an empty doorway. “Who?” He raised a brow at the loud volume, but it quickly dropped as he saw Jeonghan. “Hi,” he chirped. “Didn’t think I’d be seeing you so soon. Here for a consultation?” He beamed at Jeonghan.

God, Joshua was lovely. He was sporting a black loose tee that gaped at the neck with a blue plaid button up hanging open. If Jeonghan got close enough or Joshua bent down he’d be able to see those lovely s again. Mentally he slapped himself. Get yourself together Yoon Jeonghan, he said sternly to himself, stop thinking about Joshua’s s and how much you want to ing bite and them. Maybe he’d catch a glimpse of some tattoos too his brain whispered. Internally Jeonghan whimpered at the thought.  

He held out the carrier with the drinks in them. “Coffee. I brought you coffee.” Seeing Joshua’s smile go even brighter had his blood rushing to his cheeks.

“You shouldn’t have,” Joshua said, smile still on his lovely lips. “You brought a lot though…” trailing off.

Jeonghan fought through the urge to run. “For you and your coworkers. As a sorry for the other day.”

The guy who led Jeonghan in piped up. “Oh. No need to apologize, Shua didn—“ letting out a large noise of pain as another worker elbowed him as he took off his gloves.

“Shut up Jun. No one asked you,” he said, his ears glistening with piercings, and if Jeonghan saw right a flash of metal on his tongue. “We’ll take the coffee. Thank you.” He flashed Jeonghan a smile, lighting up his elf like face. “Especially since it’s from that café that hack chef works in. His food might but the coffee is great.”

“Hao Hao,” Jun whined. “You didn’t have to hurt me. And Mingyu cooks perfectly fine.”

“It’s Minghao,” the red head snapped, “how many times do I have to tell you?” He moved as if strangle Jun but Joshua’s voice called out.

“That’s enough. Calm down,” he said in a stern but sweet voice. Joshua even smiled at the two of them, but the sweet smile he aimed at Jeonghan had disappeared. It was the sort of smile a mother would give her children when they were being naughty and she wasn’t going to yell, not when her eyes and her smile did all the yelling for her.

It worked. The two of them snapped their mouths and Minghao moved away from Jun and Jun stopped cowering. “Sorry,” they mumbled together.

Joshua cleared his throat. It prompted them to turn around to Jeonghan and they gave him a shallow bow. “Sorry for disturbing you. Thank you for the coffee.”

Blinking, Jeonghan nodded silently. Wow. Joshua even had them saying their apologies in unison. Even he couldn’t get his workers to do this. They listened, to some extent. But this was like magic.

“Now take the coffee and give it to everyone else. Check the next appointments too,” Joshua said, raising a brow.

“Got it,” Minghao answered.

Jun saluted, taking the carriers out of Jeonghan’s hands. Placing one in Jeonghan’s hand for Joshua, he skipped away.

Tilting his head towards the small hallway, Joshua said, “Let’s go talk somewhere quieter.”


“Thanks,” Joshua said softly, “for the coffee. You didn’t have too though,” leaning closer to Jeonghan. The two of them were on the couch in his office.

Jeonghan shook his head. “What I said last night was out of line. And I had to apologize.” This close and Jeonghan could almost just peek from underneath his lashes and check out the gaping neck of Joshua’s shirt and see down.

A small moue formed on Joshua’s lips. “It surprised me. But,” he flashed Jeonghan a small grin, “I didn’t say I minded.” He twirled the straw around in the cup, “Hearing you say my s were pretty was nice.”

A deep flush made its way onto Jeonghan’s face. if hearing Joshua say it was nice wasn’t doing things to his overactive brain. If hearing it was nice, would Joshua like it if Jeonghan them? Played with them with his fingers and had Joshua squirming on his – Immediately he cut off his train of thought. Good lord.

Clearing his throat, Jeonghan said, “I don’t say brazen things until the fourth date,” pausing he said, “but my brain had other ideas it seems.” He made sure his eyes were not straying away from Joshua’s face and down to said s.

Joshua gave Jeonghan a shy smile, lashes falling down on his cheeks slowly, as if seducing Jeonghan with them, like his entire person wasn’t already seducing Jeonghan enough. “Was I that mesmerizing?”

God. Joshua really was.

He moved closer to Jeonghan, placing his hand on Jeonghan’s arm. At this angle Jeonghan definitely got a good view of said s that were making his brain fizzle out. Joshua’s bending down opened a whole new world for Jeonghan’s poor brain. He spied what looked to be a glimpse of color on Joshua’s rib cage. Did he have a tattoo there?

Staring up at Jeonghan, he said, “Maybe we should…“

His lips were right there. In the most perfect spot for a kiss. If Jeonghan just leaned down he’d lock lips with Joshua and going by what Joshua had said earlier, it didn’t sound as if he would have minded if Jeonghan did.

“Maybe,” he bit his lip, drawing Jeonghan’s attention to them even more, “should we—“

But a knock on the door interrupted the rest of his sentence. Joshua frowned. “Let me get that.” He gave Jeonghan another heart flipping smile, “It shouldn’t take long.”

He got and up and opened the door. Jun, it seemed, had something to discuss. The two talked in hushed voices with Joshua letting out a noise before nodding.

Turning to Jeonghan, he had a mild frown on his face still. “I’m sorry. I guess I’m not as free as I thought. A customer needs something done to his tattoo and Jun doesn’t have the expertise for it. So, I have to go.” He bit his lip. “Come back. Please. If you have the time later.” He wrapped his hand around his other arm, almost defensive, or scared. “Or I could come see you later. If you’re ok with that?”

Jeonghan felt something die in his throat. In the good way. But he couldn’t get his words out smoothly. Stumbling over them he said, “Of cour-course you can. I’d love to have you.” . “No, no. I meant I’d love to have you at my place. . Not in that way. I meant in my restaurant. Even though I’d love to have you at my place. You’re deadly attractive,” god, words kept spilling out of Jeonghan’s dumb mouth, “having you would be like a dream.”

Joshua laughed, his hand muffling his chucking.

“And I’m going to shut up now before I shot myself in the foot even further,” Jeonghan said, trailing off, feeling the burn of his feverish skin.

“I’ll drop by then,” Joshua said. “If the shop closes early. I think we close later than you.”

“I’ll come by then,” Jeonghan piped up.

Surprised, Joshua jumped a bit at the volume.

Sheepishly, he said in lower decibel, “I’ll come by. With a late dinner.”

Smile wide on his face, his cute bunny teeth catching on his lower lip, Joshua asked, “For the both of us?”

Jeonghan nodded.

“Great. I’ll see you later then.”


“Mingyu,” Jeonghan nearly shouted as he moved into the kitchen, “I need two meals,” he paused, thinking for a few seconds, “and dessert too.”

Mingyu turned to look at him, eyes wide. “What for?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Seungkwan said, popping in his head.

“Don’t you have work?” Jeonghan asked waspishly. “You’re always here like I pay you to be Seungkwannie. And we both know I don’t write your checks.”

Ignoring Jeonghan, Seungkwan continued. “He’s got something with the tattoo parlor owner.” In a mock whisper, “He’s got a date with Joshua.”

“It isn’t a date,” Jeonghan said. “Just having a friendly dinner with him in apology is all. He got called away to work so a late dinner.” Before Seungkwan could open his mouth again, Jeonghan turned to Mingyu. “And what did you do to piss off a red head named Minghao? He looked like he wanted to go for your throat. He called you chef.”

Banging a pan down, Mingyu defended himself. “That evil elf eared guy said my Chinese dish wasn’t good. Said it wasn’t authentic enough when I learned it from a Chinese chef himself. Piss him off? He pissed me off!”

“Hmm. Whatever it is don’t let it get too far. I don’t want you two ruining my chances with Joshua.”

“It’s probably ,” Seungkwan muttered, dipping his finger into the sauce and taking a taste test.

“No!” Mingyu turned his offended face over to Seungkwan. “There’s no way I could like that damn evil person! Even if he’s sort of cute!”

Seungkwan snickered.

Jeonghan just sighed. “Whatever you two have going don’t make a mess. And remember Mingyu, the two meals and dessert or your paycheck gets one less zero.” He started going out towards the front before Mingyu could start his whining again, taking Seungkwan by the neck to get him out of where he didn’t belong. Now if he only had a way with his employees like Joshua did.


Breathing in deep, he steeled himself. He could do this. He could act like a normal person who wasn’t fascinated with s and tattoos and the looks Joshua gave him, things that led his mind astray. He could totally do this. Gently he pushed the door open, noting that Minghao was sweeping the floor and Jun was putting away supplies, while Vernon cleaned up the chairs.

“Ah,” Minghao said, propping himself up with the broom. “Joshua’s in his office. You know your way, right?”

“I do. Thanks.” He kept his face as calm as he could.

“Tell the boss man we said bye,” Minghao said, with a nod. “We’ll be gone once we’re done cleaning. You two can enjoy yourselves.” He smirked a little.

Jeonghan ignored the smirk. “I’ll relay your message.” He started walking towards Joshua’s office. Knocking, he waited at the door.

Swinging open, Jeonghan caught an eyeful of pink and a colorful abstract design situated beneath Joshua’s ribs and what looked to be tiny arrows between some of Joshua’s rib bones.

“Oh god,” he said, choking on his saliva. What a ing sight.

The shirt went down, Joshua’s hair getting a bit messy as he finished getting dressed. “Sorry,” he said. “Some ink spilled on my shirt while we were cleaning and I needed to change.”

“That’s fine,” Jeonghan said, mind replaying the dusty pink and the tattoos that he managed to catch sight of.

Sniffing, Joshua smiled, his stomach growling a bit. “It smells delicious. Thankfully you came at the right time. I’m a bit hungry.”


Jeonghan sat on the couch from earlier; Joshua sitting on an armchair. The food was on the coffee table spread out.

Jeonghan didn’t think he ever saw someone who took such big bites but chewed slowly like a hamster. It was cute. In between bites the two talked and Jeonghan kept finding out more cute things about Joshua. It was all too much for his head and he felt like he was falling in too deep. Joshua kept flashing him smiles and touching him gently, and the way he moved, his shirt catching on the metal bars on his s. It was making Jeonghan cry almost. He was seducing Jeonghan with his body and his personality.

Taking one last bite, Joshua chewed and swallowed. “That was delicious,” he said. “Thank you for bringing dinner.”

“I wanted to apologize and we got interrupted earlier so of course I did.”

Joshua’s smile fell a bit. “Only to apologize? Not because you think I’m attractive?” He latched onto Jeonghan with his eyes, the brown pools getting a bit shimmery.

No no no. Jeonghan, you fool. “You’re very attractive. I’m very interested. I just had to apologize first!” He hated blurting out his feelings. The word vomit always embarrassed him. “But I didn’t want you to think I was a creep before I got the change and the courage to ask you out on a date!”

Smile coming back full force, Joshua moved to join Jeonghan on the couch, his hand touching Jeonghan’s arm in eerie reminiscence of this afternoon. “You’re silly,” he said, his lashes doing that thing that seduced Jeonghan once again, “isn’t this a date? You brought me dinner and we’re talking. All that’s left is dessert, a kiss good night, and setting up a second date. Or should we end this here…” He trailed off, arm not letting go.

“I'm so stupid,” Jeonghan breathed quietly, eyes staring at Joshua. “I’d love to kiss you good night and set up many future dates if that’s fine with you. And another first date since I’m dumb enough not know that this is the first one. I’d like to take you out to somewhere even better.” Jeonghan was a giant idiot. He didn’t even realize that this was a date. This was ing great.

“That’s great,” Joshua answered him, leaning up. “Here’s a kiss to seal the deal. We can kiss each other later too.”

Their lips touched, Joshua pressing up and Jeonghan pressing down. Joshua’s hand tightened on Jeonghan’s arm and Jeonghan brought his free arm to wrap around Joshua’s waist, pulling him close until they were chest to chest and Jeonghan could feel the tiny bumps of Joshua’s metal bars. Lips moving gently, they kissed, Joshua lightly.

Pulling away, Jeonghan groaned. “You’re deadly. So deadly and I don’t think I’ll ever get enough. Your s, your tattoos. You. Everything about you.”

Joshua laughed into the air. “Hmm. That’s good. I don’t think I’ll get enough of you either.” Caressing Jeonghan’s arm, he said with a smirk on his kiss swollen lips, “I’ll make sure to show you everything soon. So you’ll get even more entranced.”

Jeonghan nodded, mouth closing on what would no doubt would’ve been an ic moan if he let it out. He couldn’t wait.