Chapter 2

The distance between you and me

(2 weeks later....)

It was around 2.30 in the morning when Jinki's phone rang that made him to wake up in shock. Not knowing who's in the other end, he answered the call still with closed eyes.
"Jinki hyung, it's me, Minho.... Jonghyun hyung... Jonghyun....." Jinki quickly jumped up from the bed. "What is it, Minho? What about Jonghyun? Tell me.."

In few minutes, Jinki hoped on to the driving seat and drove the car in maximum speed. There weren't many vehicles on the road since it was too early in the morning so he didn't mind even if he drove as fast as he could. His mind was blank with nothing except for the wish that he'll be able to arrive there as soon as possible.
He hurridely parked the car in the car lot and rushed inside the hospital. He wasn't in his right mind. He just ran ahead searching for the room number he heard from Minho. Jinki wasn't strong enough to control his tears. "Jonghyun.... please... please... stay there.. I'm coming... please, please, please...". He was talking to himself all the way. His whole body was weak as he didn't ate much for dinner. He blammed himself for doing so. 

Finally he arrived at the certain room and found Minho, sitting on a seat near the respective room. He didn't dared to talk to him because, at that moment, all he needed was to see his Jonghyun. He opened the door and rushed inside only to see a silent body on the clean white bed. He couldn't believe the sight before him which made him shooked. 
"Jonghyun... wake up... I'm here.... wake up now...". He kneeled near the bed and whispered to the small male who didn't heard anything of what Jinki's words. "Jonghyun-ah... please.... I'm here... please wake up..."
"Hyung...., he's still unconscious.... hyung..., let's go out...please". Minho dragged Jinki out of the room. "What happend to him? Why didn't you called me soon? Why he still hasn't woken up? What happened??!!" Jinki didn't had any idea about what he was talking which made him to blurt out all the questions. "Calm down first, hyung...". Minho made him sit and explained everything. Jinki found out that it was a car accident when he was driving back after his midnight radio program. "The doctors hasn't informed yet about his condition. We've to wait and we need to be strong, hyung". Jinki struggled to fight back his tears which were continuosly rolling down his face. "I'm sorry hyung, for calling you and making you like this. But, I didn't know anyone other than you to tell this and I know that hyung needs you more than anyone else". Jinki could understand Minho's situation as a younger brother. He knew that Minho worries a lot about Jonghyun and cares about him since the time their parents passed away. And, he was glad that Minho didn't held back and called him right away. "It's okay... and, you did the right thing calling me. Don't have any regrets, ok? Your hyung will be proud of his little brother". Jinki put his arm around the younger male's shoulder and gave a comforting pat. "And, for him, we need to be strong like you said, ok?" He just wanted to made up his mind to face even the worst things that could happen later, but even so, he asked from himself whether it's possible.

Half an hour passed. Minho was sitting silently, staring blankly at the wall in front of him. His face has become pale because of all the sudden happenings. Jinki was standing outside Jonghyun's room, looking inside through the small glass. All he could see was an unmoving small body wrapped up in white sheets. He didn't try to go in because he knew that he'll break down again. He shouldn't be weak, for Jonghyun's sake. The whole place was dragged into a complete silence with both males in their own worlds. "Why it had to be you? From all the people in the world, why was it you? It would have been me. It's just me who should have been punished for letting you go away from me, not you, Jonghyunie....". Jinki's head was filled with all sorts of worries he could carry.

He couldn't understand what Jonghyun has done to go through that huge pain. He didn't wanted to think that it's his own fate. He never believed in fate and only thought that it was just something people use when they can't find or don't want to find an actual reason for an incident. But, at that moment, he understood the true meaning of that simple word. He understood that they try to lessen their growing pain inside their broken hearts by passing the fault on this thing called, fate. Jinki felt pathetic and guilty to think that he himself is in that same situation.

"Who's Mr.Kim Jonghyun's guardian?" Finally, a doctor came towards them. "I'm his brother". Minho stood up from where he has been sitting for the longest time. "We need to talk, Mr.Kim". The doctor took Minho to a side. All Jinki could see was the doctor's mouth moving with a rather serious face. It made Jinki to feel that something bad has happened, even though he didn't wanted to think that way. His heart started to beat faster than usual when Minho slowely came to him after the doctor started to walk away.
"What is it, Minho? He's alright, isn't he?"