Chapter 3

The distance between you and me

"Hyung....". Minho's eyes shined with newly formed tears. "What happened? Please tell me will you". The younger male opened his mouth but was struggling to make out words. "He said... he said that.... hyung won't make it....". He fell down on the seat without being able to balance himself. 
"Jonghyun.... you can't do that.... no...". Jinki's mind went blank. He suddenly felt like he's lossing himself, a kind of feeling that couldn't figure out what he's seeing or hearing and it was something that he had never felt before. He lost control of his body and in a few seconds he felt that his legs starting to move. "Jinki hyung!! Where are you going?". Jinki didn't heard what Minho said. He ran behind the doctor and caught up with him. He dragged his arm, still not in his normal self. "Doctor, what is it? What do you mean he can't live? What does that mean??!!!" Jinki started to cry infront of the elderly man, still not letting go of his arm. He knew that what he was doing is wrong, but, because of the feeling that he's going to lose Jonghyun, he felt like he lost everything. 
"Calm down, mister. I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do now. It's a mirracle that he didn't die at the very moment when he was thrown out of from the vehicle. I'm sorry. We can't give you any false hope". The doctor tried to calm down the broken man. Jinki felt like dying to hear all those things from the doctor himself. He blammed himself. He blammed everyone for no reason. And, in a moment, without him knowing, he kneeled down with his head down. He didn't intended to do so. He wasn't the kind of person who'll beg anyone for anything. 
"Please doctor.... please.... save him.... please... I beg of you.... please don't do this...". The person infront of him was suprised seeing the man's sudden act. "Mister, please stand up. We've done everything we could. I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry. But..., it's not possible". He brought Jinki up holding his shoulders tightly. "And he still have some time left. So you need to be strong. He'll wake up soon, so you can't be weak infront of him. Please, for his sake, be strong". In a few moments, Jinki came to his real self that he was afraid of. He realized what he has done and quickly appologized to the elderly doctor still with his head down. "I'm sorry"
"It's okay. But, make sure you'll be a strength to him. Try to make him feel happy". The doctor went ahead leaving a broken Jinki behind. Jinki's eyes hurt so much that he closed them for a moment.

"Jinki! Please come soon. I'm waiting for you". He heard Jonghyun's sweet voice calling from inside his head. Then, realizing that Jonghyun would wake up in no time, he ran to where they had been. He saw Minho still crying beside Jonghyun's bed. 
"Jinki hyung!!! Where did you go??!!" "He didn't wake up yet, right?" Jinki asked while coming towards the two men. "No. Doctor said he'll wake up soon... hyung... what does it have to be him only??!! It's unfair... everything's unfair... he can't leave us... right??". Jinki was weak enough not even to tell anything. But then, he thought that he shouldn't fall down. He gathered up all his courage to comfort the younger one. "Minho, listen. He'll wake up soon and then, we can't... we can't make him worry about anything. We need to make him happy...., till the end.... ok...?" Jinki unintentionaly throwed out every word that he didn't even imagined he could say. Their eyes were on the person's face lying silently on the hospital bed. And they determined to not break down, for the sake of their brother and friend.

"Jinki.....". Jinki woke up shooked trying to figure out if he was dreaming or if he heard Jonghyun's voice for real. He blinked his sleepy eyes and understood that he has been sleeping beside the bed. He looked behind and saw Minho sleeping uncomfortably on a chair. Jinki didn't wanted to wake him up so just he let him get more sleep. He hurriedly turned around and..,

"Jonghyun!!! When did you woke up??!!" He saw the person that he thought would never look at him again, smiling peacefully at his astonished whitened face. He was out of words of how happy he felt at that moment that he promised himself not to let him sleep again. He was afraid that he won't open his beautiful eyes again and smile at him. "Just... some time ago. I... can't remember....". Jonghyun was struggling to speak out every word. "Please don't talk, Jonghyun-ah... you need to have some rest. And I should inform the doctor". Even though those words came out from his mouth, he didn't wanted to let him close his eyes again. He was afraid... of all the things that could happen afterwards. Jinki was trying stand up, but then, Jonghyun took his chubby palm in his, asking him not to leave. "Stay with me..... Please... please... don't go..". Tears started to storm inside Jinki's eyes that it was painful for him to not let them out. He placed his other palm on top of Jonghyun's smaller one. "Okay... I won't...". 

"Jinki-ah...., I... I missed you...". Jonghyun, still trying his best to talk properly, started to put together the things he wanted to tell to the person beside him. "I... felt so lonely... all this time.... I thought... I thought I'll never get a chance to see you.... and... I knew that god won't let that happen either.... because... what I did... is all wrong... and I'll never be forgiven.. for that...". 
"Jonghyun-ah... please... you don't have to tell all these... you need to rest... to get better..". Jinki tightned the smaller hand from his chubbier ones, determined not to let go of it for the rest of his life. 
"I'm sorry, Jinki-ah... I did a wrong thing... I know that... I don't know what.... exactly... made me take that... that wrong decision...". Tears came down from Jonghyun's eyes, but he didn't wanted to stop talking. All he needed was to tell everything that he had been dying everyday to tell to the person he loved the most and to whom he had done wrong. 
"You know what.... I even counted the days since that day..."
"How many?" Jinki asked, trying to make him relaxed.
"It was... it was, 32 days for yesterday...". They both chuckled. 
"Now.... that I saw you... I'm so happy... and...". Jonghyun was trying to catch up with his breath to go on. "Jonghyun-ah...., it's enough... let's talk later..."
"No. I need to tell you all these... I must tell you everything... before... before... I....". Jinki couldn't hold back. He clenched his teeth trying not to tear up. 
"Hyung!!! You woke up??!!" Minho quickly came beside Jonghyun from where he had been sleeping all the time.
"Minho, I'm sorry, I woke you up"
"It's okay, hyung.... it's okay..."
"Jinki-ah..., I've a.... huge favor to ask from you..."
"What is it?". 
"Please... look after him... can you do that... for me?"
Jinki couldn't hide his tears any longer. They streamed out of his already redden eyes. He tightned the other's palm more.
"What are you saying...? Nothing will happen. You'll be there to look after him..., okay? Everything's going to be alright".
"Jinki-ah...., please.. don't forgive me... for... for what I did... please.. You must have... suffered a lot... more than me... I'm sorry... but...,"
Jonghyun touched Jinki's cheek that had become slippery from all the crying.
"..... I... still love you.. please... remember that... okay?" 
"I love you too, Jonghyun-ah... I love you so much... please don't do this... you can't leave me... you can't"
"I love you..." was all he could say when his hand fell off from Jinki's face.