Chapter 1

The distance between you and me

Heavy raindrops were falling down on his clear umbrella. It was unfortunate for Jinki who predicted the weather to be more calm.., atleast for a day. He didn't mind to spend a moment to look at the sky which used to shine brightly, but now gloomy with heavy clouds. 'Even you're not with me...' he whispered to himself.

He crossed the road and walked towards the restaurant where someone was waiting patiently for him. Pushing the door open, he looked over everywhere for his friend. A small hand waved at him.
"Jinki, I'm here". It was Kibum, Jinki's best buddy. He went over to his table near a window and quietly sat on the empty seat. "Sorry, I know I'm late"
"Did he called you?" Kibum was always straight to ask anything. From his eyes, Jinki knew that his friend wasn't in good conditions with him at the moment. "No" was all he could say. He didn't dared to look up and silently stared at the tiled floor. "What are you doing, Jinki? If he left you.. for no reason.., why are you still thinking about him?" There was a moment of silence between the two men. Jinki wasn't quick enough to make up an answer inside his tired mind. "Tell me, Jinki" "I can't forget him" he looked up trying his best to control his tears. Seeing those teary red eyes of his usual cheerful friend, Kibum thought for a second how much he has changed. He was worried about Jinki's state after all the dreadfull things he had to go through within the past few weeks and just wanted to make him return to his usual self. 

"I know you're having a hard time. But... think about your mother too. Think how much she must be worrying about you. Just go home now, Jinki. Nothing's going to be alright if you run away from everthing". 
It's not like Jinki wanted to hide from the world, but... he was afraid of the truth. The truth that his lover won't come to him again. The truth that he will have to live the rest of his life with regrets over nothing but not being strong enough to stop the person he loved the most from going away. Jinki was blinded with love to an extent that he couldn't understand whether he has changed. 
"I need to go now" Kibum stood up from his chair and went to his friend. All he could do was to give a friendly pat. "Make sure you come home soon. I don't know what to say, Jinki. Just... try to forget everything"
Kibum left the place leaving a silent and heart broken Jinki. 
"Sir, is there anything you want?" A waitress came to him which made Jinki to come to the real world again. "Oh... a cup of coffee"

He didn't leave the place even after drinking the coffee, in which he didn't felt any taste. It was still raining outside but not as horrible as before. He looked at the window which was covered with mist and wiped it with his palm so that he could view outside. It was getting darker, and with the rain, all he could see was some shadows walking in all the directions. But then, his eyes met with a familliar place. Across the road he saw a familliar shop that he and his lover used to hangout. The place was filled with memories that he wasn't going to forget anyday. 

(3 months back....)

"Jonghyun!!! You wore it??!!" Jinki looked with wide eyes at the small person who rushed to the table he was sitting. "Yahh!! How can you even ask so?? Of course I should wear the first gift you officially gave me". Jonghyun giggled at his own joke in which Jinki thought was the cutest thing on earth. "Is it beautiful on me?" He showed the silver bracelet on his left hand to the surprised person. "Yeah, of course it's beautiful. You don't even have to ask that. Everything looks good on you". It was true, because for Jinki, Jonghyun was the most handsome looking man that he had ever kept his eyes on. He fell for his charms at first sight and couldn't believe himself when Jonghyun was the first one to ask him out. It was the best day of Jinki's life. The day when he felt that there's someone to love him too. "Don't be cheeky. We're not 20 years oldies to sound like that. Remember. You're turning 29 this year". Jonghyun was happy as always to tease an angry looking Jinki. 

It was a part of his daily routine to make Jinki angry with anything possible. "See. You're even becoming red now. Stop it will you? People will stare at us". Jonghyun laughed as much as he could seeing how Jinki reacts for his lame jokes. "Oh really? Don't forget that you're becoming old too. You're just 4 months younger than me, remember??!! Plus... you need to respect me since I'm actually older than you". Jinki gave a cold face at the laughing man. "Ok, then... I'm sorry...., adjussi". He didn't intend to stop himself from fooling with Jinki, in which secretly they both knew that it was fun and thought that it only made them more closer. They were both happy with whatever the topic they choose for the day to chat along as much as possible. They laughed to the tiniest jokes even though the people around them couldn't understand what they even mean. For the world, they were just a dorky couple. 
"I am not an adjussi!!"
"Yes you are. See, you're again reddening"
"I'm not"
"You are"
"No".....

(Present...)

It didn't took much time when Jinki felt his eyes filling with a pool of tears. A tear rolled down his cheek when he kept reminding their past. They were the loveliest days of his life. He didn't wanted to forget those memories. Even if whole world tell him to do so, he never wanted to. He knew that he'll never be able to smile the way he did before, when he was with Jonghyun.
"Where did I go wrong?" was the only thing he could finally ask from his heart after thinking about everything. 
After a long time of hiding inside his thoughts, he again arrived to his normal self. He looked at the clock on the wall and realized that he had stayed there for more than 2 hours. He quickly stood up and saw that the same waitress was staring at him. He bowed a sorry and rushed out of the place. In a minute he was within the shadows outside on the street.