II. Meet the married couple (?)

Happiness is being married… to a stranger?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People often say that alcohols are traitors; you’ll assume that it won’t stab your back and will always be there when you need it the most. They make you forget all the unlucky things in your life. But when you wake up, your head feels like someone is hammering it, forgetting all the things you did when you are not sober. And that’s what really happened to the both of them.

1 year later. . .

“Jeongyeon wake up.” The girl has been waking up Jeongyeon for almost 10 minutes but the latter is still in her deep slumber. “Yoo Jeongyeon, I swear to God if you’re not going to get your up now I’m going to destroy all you lego collection!” the girl threatened, losing her patience already. The short hair girl opened her eyes before getting out from her bed. “Finally, good morning Jeongyeon.” The girl sweetly said to her, flashing a bright smile. Jeongyeon snickered, “Good morning to you too, Bona.”

Kim Jiyeon also known as Bona, Jeongyeon’s best friend since they are still young, she’s 24 years old and currently helping Jeongyeon to her small studio. Photography is Jeongyeon’s passion, from her small business, she can support her family. Knowing her best friend’s situation, Bona can’t help but to admire Jeongyeon. Their mother left them when she’s still 14 years old, leaving Jeongyeon and her 3 yrs old younger sister to their dad. Since that fateful day, she saw her best friend’s sufferings and changes in behavior. The Jeongyeon who always smile and energetic slowly disappeared. Bona can’t stand seeing Jeongyeon like that. From that day, she promised to herself that she will always be at Jeongyeon’s side no matter what will happen. But without her knowing, as the time they spent together passed, she can’t help but to fall for her best friend.

“Bona yah, can you pass me my towel, I forgot to grab it.” Bona’s thought was interrupted. “O—oh yeah, I—I’ll go get it for you.” She awkwardly stood up, reaching for the towel before tossing it to Jeongyeon. The bathroom’s door suddenly opened, revealing a ‘wet look’ Jeongyeon, her towel wrapping aroud her body, only covering her torso and thighs. The shocked girl, covered her eyes, “Y---yah! What are you d---doing!” Bona yelled at her. “What? I’m going to get dressed here.” Bona turned her head around, her cheeks are burning. Get a grip Bona, stop acting like you didn’t see her like this before, didn’t I? “Why don’t you just go back inside the bathroom and just get dress there.”Bona said. “Why would I? This is my room after all.” Jeongyeon look at her best friend with a teasing smile. “I’m here with you Jeongyeon.” Bona sighs. Jeongyeon chuckled, “Arasso, arasso.” The short hair girl got dress quickly. “You can turn around now Bona, I’m already wearing something.” Bona slowly turned her head, she was greeted by Jeongyeon’s teasing smile. “Finally, let’s go.” The duo went to the dining area. “Good morning Chaeyoungie.” Bona greeted her best friend’s younger sister. “Good morning unnie, still pretty as ever.” The 13 yrs old answered. “It’s still in the morning Chaengie, stop telling lies.” Bona threw the table’s napkin at her face. “Shut up.” Jeongyeon stick her tongue out before laughing. “Aigoo, stop being childish you two, go and eat your breakfast. I cooked.” Jeongyeon’s father warmly smiled at them. “Thank you, uncle.” Bona returned the smile. “You’re the best dad.” Jeongyeon patted her father’s back, “Let’s eat!”

 

*phone ringing*

The girl groggily reached for her phone in the night stand. “Yoboseyo?” she answered w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter