Surprise! Surprise!

Lonely

A/N - I'd like to begin with a HUGE apology for the delay in updating this story. I was out of town and I made an update 10 days back saying the same and it did not get saved 3 I was under the impression that it did and I just realized today that it did not get saved :( I really hope you enjoy this chapter though! Please don't forget to leave your comments! Much Love <3


= 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 =종키 = 종키 =


"I haven't laughed that much in a very very long time Kibum-ah! Really.." said Jonghyun, holding his stomach with one hand and wiping away tears of laughter with the other.

 

Kibum just grumbled from somewhere behind his palms that were now covering his face and Irene, who was still sitting at their table and much to his amazement, she and Jonghyun were getting along swimmingly well. 

 

He rested his chin on one hand and said "When will you stop embarrassing me Irene-ssi?"

 

Irene imitated his posture and replied "Hmmm... Let me think? I haven't even shared what happened that one time when we went clubbing in Paris with Woohyun.." making Kibum jump up from his seat, dragging Jonghyun out of his chair with him protesting loudly "That's it! I will NOT allow you to scare him off just after one date!"

 

Irene raised her arms defensively and said "Arasso! Arasso! Sit your back down and let the boy breathe.. I was gonna leave anyway.. I have a meeting soon, so don't worry.. I'll leave you in peace!"

 

Kibum looked at her doubtfully and said "Is that so?" and Jonghyun looked between them in amusement. He pulled his arm away from Kibum's tight grip, making him turn towards himself, the younger's cheeks dusted with embarrassment. Before Kibum could react, Jonghyun looped his arm around Kibum's waist and pulled him towards himself roughly enough that Kibum nearly fell on him, balancing himself by grabbing onto his shoulder tightly. 

 

Jonghyun turned towards Irene, his hold on Kibum firm and with a smile, he said "You should share all these interesting stories with me soon Irene-ssi.. Let's meet again soon.. Listening to all these stories makes me feel so much more close to Kibeomie than before and I really like feeling this way.."

 

Irene just glanced at him with a smile, nodding to him and then turning to Kibum said "I approve.. I'm leaving then.. Call me?" and hurried out without waiting for a response.

 

Jonghyun then pulled a still dazed Kibum out of the restaurant by his hand saying "Shall we have ice-cream? Let me guess what you like..." 

 

Kibum intertwined their hands tighter and replied "Tell me Mr. Composer.. what do I like?"

 

Jonghyun stopped walking and turned towards him and seriously said "It's magic! Don't move!" and immediately let go of Kibum's hand and placed both his palms on his cheeks instead, stepping closer to him. If he said his heart wasn't racing, Kibum would be lying. He was suddenly feeling thankful that Jonghyun wasn't holding his hand anymore, because his palms were sweating. He bit his lower lip and cleared his throat and holding onto Jonghyun's left elbow with his right, he muttered "Jong?"

 

Jonghyun continued to stare into his eyes for a few more seconds before he suddenly said "Mint Chocolate!" 

 

Kibum's jaw dropped and he asked "What?! How did you do that!?" 

 

Jonghyun just shushed him and taking his hand he resumed walking towards the ice-cream shop. Once they had their ice creams all the while Jonghyun telling Kibum about how his family reacted to the news, they walked out comfortably, only to stop outside not knowing what to do then. 


Kibum turned to Jonghyun with a shy smile, asked "Want to come over to my place?"

 

Jonghyun pretended to be scandalized and said "What! Already?! Kibum-ah ... " making Kibum push at his shoulder with a loud laugh saying "Yah! Stop pulling my leg Kim Jonghyun and walk with me!" 

 

They both took the subway to Kibum's place and continued to chat, each slowly realizing that the connection they felt was not superficial, but there was an honest compatibility that could not be denied. The importance family had in their lives, the love they had for their pets, they both had best friends they've known since childhood.. There were differences too - while Jonghyun took time to sleep, Kibum was quick to fall asleep. Jonghyun hated summer and spring while Kibum felt lonely during the cold winters. Kibum did blush quite fiercely when Jonghyun said he would make sure to keep him warm the coming winter making Jonghyun go weak in his knees. Jonghyun decided that moment, that for the foreseeable winters to come, he belong to Kibum, and he hoped that Kibum would belong to him as well, not knowing that Kibum was already lost to him for quite some time.

 

By the time they got out of the subway and started to walk, it started to drizzle, making Kibum grab onto his Jonghyun's hand as he started to run towards his apartment, both their hearts fluttering happily as they shielded themselves from the increasing splatter of the rain. They reached the apartment just as the rain had increased in intensity, both out of breath as they ran into the open elevator. 

 

Once the lift doors closed, Kibum pressed the button to take them to the pent house and Jonghyun muttered breathlessly "Your place has quite a view"

 

Kibum smirked at Jonghyun and in agreement, said "OF course it does.." with a wink.

 

They looked at each other in the elevator's reflection, hair wet, both slightly panting and eyes smiling and started to laugh. Before either of them to could say anything, the elevator came to a stop and elevator's doors opened to show a hallway and a modern looking entryway.

 

Kibum walked towards the door and punched in the security code and before opening the door he glanced towards the older male and said "Prepare to be attacked" and opened the door before he could respond and loudly announced "Appa is home!"

 

True to his word, they were pounced upon by Kibum's kids, both excited to meet Jonghyun again so soon. They slipped off their shoes and walked in, Jonghyun settling down on the floor beside the couch, not wanting to wet the expensive leather and both the puppies immediately settled into his lap, snuggling into him. Kibum meanwhile went in and changed into dry clothes and came back with towel and a pair of sweat pants and t-shirt so Jonghyun too could change and dry his hair.

 

Seeing Jonghyun on the floor, Kibum nearly protested, but then just smiled fondly at his puppies and his puppy like boyfriend and quietly went and settled down on the couch just behind Jonghyun and started to dry off his hair with the towel. Jonghyun just smiled underneath the towel at the sweet way he was being cared for and leaned back into couch between Kibum's legs, but accidentally disturbing the pups making them get up and run off in search of some mischief.

 

Jonghyun chuckled and said "They sure are active.. I suppose they take after their Appa?" earning himself a nudge against his ribs from Kibum and a strong "Of course they do!"

 

Once Kibum decided that Jonghyun's hair was dry enough, he got up from the couch and gave the clothes to Jonghyun and showed him to his bedroom where he could change. He then went to the kitchen, made some coffee for them both and taking the piping hot mugs, he went and placed them on the coffee table by the couch. He then went to the huge window that was overlooking the city and stood there watching the rain as he waited for Jonghyun to join him. He already missed the older man's touch.. What was this? Why was he so deeply involved so soon? 

 

Jonghyun walked out to the living room and was just about to call out for Kibum, when he saw his blue haired angel standing by the window, watching the rain and lost in thought. He suddenly felt like he needed to be nearer and so he walked towards the slightly taller male and wrapped his arms around his lithe figure, the other warmly leaning back into his broader chest with a sigh of what sounded like relief. 

 

Jonghyun hummed at the back of his throat and after few seconds, he pressed a kiss to Kibum's temple and whispered "May I kiss you Kibum-ah?"

 

Kibum simply closed his eyes and did not respond. He didn't move a muscle.

 

Jonghyun's lips then trailed to the younger's exposed neck, where he pressed a soft kiss, feeling a slight shiver run through his body and whispered against the skin "May I ? I need you to look into my eyes baby.."


Kibum took a deep breath and and turned towards to Jonghyun leaning against the glass of the window for support. He could already feel his knees giving in. He could not open his eyes though. He was nervous. Why was he so nervous, was something he did not know. His heart was racing as if he ran a mile. He bit into his bottom lip and closed his eyes tightly, small wrinkles forming on his eyelids.

 

Jonghyun smiled softly at that and leaned forwards till they were chest-to-chest, his hands on Kibum's slim waist and he whispered again "One would think you're the one new to this, not me.." his warm breath touching Kibum's neck. Kibum's eyes widened involuntarily at that he pulled back to look into Jonghyun's eyes, before looping one arms around the older's strong shoulders and the other around his neck, as he dipped his head down, eyes closing in anticipation.

 

Jonghyun chuckled deep and his lips met Kibum's halfway, one hand carefully running through Kibum's hair, while the other rested on the wall behind Kibum for support. The first touch of lips brought out a gasp from the younger, making Jonghyun smile against his lips. He kissed back with a fervor that wasn't there the previous night and as soon as his tongue touched Kibum's lower lip, he received a moan of appreciation from the said owner. Taking advantage of the act, he slipped his forwards and grazed it carefully against Kibum's making him press himself tighter into the embrace, a low groan escaping his throat as Kibum turned them around suddenly and Jonghyun was now trapped between the window and Kibum.

 

Kibum nipped lightly at Jonghyun's lower lip and moved down towards his sharp jaw pressing rough kisses as he moved lower towards his neck. He then gave a slight bite to Jonghyun's neck and pulled back with a whispered "Couch" lips meeting Jonghyun's again hungrily and they stumbled towards the couch legs slightly tangled up. The back of Kibum's knees hit the couch and they both collapsed onto it, Kibum falling on his back and Jonghyun straddling his hips, neither of them stopping the kiss. They were interrupted by the panicked mewls of the pups and they broke away from each other, only to notice that they had involuntarily jostled the couch and disturbed the napping pups, who were now making their way on to Kibum's chest trying to at his face.

 

Jonghyun sat back on the couch unable to control his laughter and said "Guess they got jealous baby.." leaning back onto the other side of the couch and nudging Kibum's thigh with his foot playfully.

 

Kibum let the pups kiss him as he hissed playfully at them "Appa is gonna do this a lot more, do you want him to lock himself up in his room with his Dino Pup?" his hands rubbing the behind of the pups' ears fondly..


Jonghyun smiled at the view in front of him, strangely domestic, he thought to himself, and then said "Well, let us have our coffee at least" and passed one cup to Kibum's outstretched hand. 

 

Kibum then crawled towards him and turned around, leaning against Jonghyun's chest comfortably, Comme De and Garcons settling down on his lap and they both cuddled between chaste kisses and conversation.

 

 

= 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 =종키 = 종키 =

 

Jonghyun and Kibum eventually got to work afterwards on Kibum's couch - Kibum's musical was very close and Jonghyun was so inspired these days that he too logged on to his journal on Kibum's laptop and began to write. Before they knew it, it was dark outside and they started to feel the beginnings of hunger. 

 

Jonghyun suddenly sat up and exclaimed "Kibum! I know! Let us go to Jinki hyung's place for dinner!"

 

Kibum was startled out of his script reading and replied with a "Go where for what ?!"

 

Jonghyun just replied like an excited pup "Yes! Minho and Minnie will be there too! I want you to meet them! I want them to meet you! My best friends and my boyfriend! Yes!"

 

Kibum nearly declined the offer but the happiness shining in his boyfriend's eyes stopped him. He just pretended to give a long-suffering sigh and said "Arasso, arasso.. I'll meet these best friends of yours.. You met mine, it's about time I come to know of your dirty secrets!"


Jonghyun suddenly paled and said hurriedly "But you need to practice right? Let us go some other day.. They can wait right? Let's do that yeah?"

 

Kibum crawled over towards Jonghyun and placing himself over Jonghyun's lap said "Oh, no no no mister! We are going... I'm not going to let you get away with this.." and gave him an eskimo kiss, to which Jonghyun smiled and thought to himself how much like a feline this man was.

 

 

= 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 =종키 = 종키 =

 

 

As they reached the flat that Jinki and Minho shared, Jonghyun rang the bell and pushed Kibum towards the door and he himself hid behind the taller form of his boyfriend. Kibum rolled his eyes to the heavens at these antics and waiting for someone to open the door.

 

A man as tall as he was opened the door with a wide smile, eyes nearly closing up, making him look like a bunny. Well, an awkward bunny, Kibum thought to himself, because now he's just staring at the obvious stranger on his doorstep. 

 

He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head  awkwardly saying "Hello! How can I help you?"

 

Kibum just sniggered and said "Cute!" making his boyfriend to jump out from behind him with a loud "What do you mean cute! Am I not cuter? See!" and showed his aegyo to Kibum, who just giggled and leaned forward to kiss his nose fondly.

 

Jinki looked between then for a second in confusion and then realization dawned on him. 

 

He extended his hand towards Kibum with a wide smile saying "Please excuse my silly best friend.. I'm Lee Jinki. It's nice to finally meet you! I must say, you look quite dashing!"

 

Kibum's cheeks flushed at the very obviously honest compliment and he shook the older man's hand with a bashful "Ahh..thank you"

 

Jonghyun now folded his arms and tapping his foot seriously said "Can we come inside or are you gonna just make us stand out here Jinki-ssi" and poked out his tongue at Jinki.

 

Kibum ruffled Jonghyun's hair as Jinki moved aside allowing them in making a similar face at Jonghyun.

 

Just as they walked into the living room, Minho walked out of the kitchen with a "Well well well, who is this? I thought I heard voices!" only to be interrupted by a loud gasp from Kibum at the person behind Minho.

 

"TaeBaby! What are you doing here?" he said walking towards Taemin, who was behind Minho, pulling him into a hug.

 

Taemin hugged him back and said cheekily "So, Key-hyung! Was the second date as 'Earth-Shattering' as the first?" 

 

His laughter drowned the loud "EHHHHH"s that followed soon....

 

= 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 = 종키 =종키 = 종키 =

 

A/N - How did you like it? Any suggestions? Areas of improvement? Please leave your thoughts! <3