chapter 5

The Distance Between Us

 

Jiyong noticed her entered the cafetaria and sat with her friends without ordering anything to eat. He looked at her worriedly. She’s back into her stubborn self now. everytime she’s upset about something, she would skip her meals and he would be the one who forced food to enter her system. Now when he’s no longer with her and later when he’s no longer around, who would make her eat?

 

With anger, he threw his spoon to the plate in front of him. Just great, how could he eat if she looked like a zombie. She did not even smile properly everytime her friends threw a joke.

 

Too busy wartching her, Jiyong did not acknowledge his friends coming. Seungri tapped his shoulder lightly and that’s when he brought back from his thoughts.

 

“still stalking her?” The boy with panda eyes said.

 

Jiyong broke his stare from her and faced his food again. “I’m not stalking anyone.”

 

Youngbae and Seungri looked at each other before sighing.

 

“Ji, just tell her the truth.” Youngbae tried to convince his friend again.

 

The latter merely shrugged. “it won’t help her.”

 

“and you think this is will help her?”

 

“yeah. So she can hate me and somehow forget about me all for once.” Jiyong said after he swallowed the bitter lump in his throat.

 

“Ji, you know this is-“

 

Jiyong abruptly cut him off  and put some won on the table. “Seungri.” The boy looked up. “please do me a favor.” He looked at his friends. “buy tuna sandwhiches, tomato soup, and apple juice for her.”

 

“Hyung, why don’t y-“

 

“Just do it magnae.” He said dangerously.

 

Seungri, afraid of what could happen, hurriedly ran to the counter and bought what his brother told him.

 

Youngbae was about to opened his mouth to said something but Jiyong beated him. “Not a word Bae. Not now.”

 

“I did it hyung.”

 

“what did she say?” he asked nonchalantly, but he’s scared inside. What if she cry again? What if he hurt her again? What if he...

 

He stood up and made his way out from the cafetaria.

 

**

 

At the time like this, he usually would force her to eat. But when she looked slightly to his seat, she found him enjoying his lunch as if not caring about her anymore. She smiled sadly. Why would he anyway? They broke up.

 

“noona.” A voice broke her thoughts.

 

She looked up and found a familiar boy standing before her. “Seungri?” She managed to said.

 

“Long time no talk noona.” He smiled gently and put the tray in front of her.

 

Her eyes followed the tray and looked back at him. “what is it?”

 

“Hyung told me to do it. I’ll be off noona.”

 

Sandara blinked her eyes continuosly, trying to understand the situation. “Hyung told me to do it. I’ll be off noona.” “Hyung told me to do it. I’ll be off noona.” His voice kept on ringing inside her ear.“Hyung told me to do it.

Until it finally made sense to her.

 

Jiyong.

 

She looked down to the tray. Tuna sandwhiches, tomato soup, and apple juice. She smiled sadly at the food. Tthat’s the food he always made her everytime she’s upset and refuse to eat. Well, beside ramen and kimchi fried rice. And kimbap. And pancakes. And... a sobs escaped as she remembered the food he used to make for her.

 

Why do he have to make it harder for her now?

 

Why can’t he just walk away and act like he never meet her?

 

She turned int her seat and saw his seat empty, there’s only Youngbae and Seungri remained. As if noticed her, Youngbae looked up from his food and pointed to the door.

 

 

Sandara followed his direction and caught a glimpse of his back before it dissapeared completely.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“have you eaten yet?” Jiyong asked the girl who he cuddled inside his arms and carresed her pale cheek. “you do not look good.”

 

She shook her head no and rubbed her face to his chest.

 

“why not?” there’s a hint of anger in his voice.

 

She shrugged. “I have no appetite.”

 

“Again?!”

 

He abruptly stood up and made his way out. “Ji!! Where are you going?”

 

“wait there.”

 

Minutes later, Jiyong opened the door and sat in front of her. He pulled out a bag of tuna sandwhices, a bowl of tomato soup, and apple juice near her.

 

“eat.” He said coldly.

 

“Ji, I just said that-“

 

“i don’t care Dara! Just eat. You can be like this. Everytime something is upsetting you then you refuse to eat. This have to stop now.”

 

She crossed her arms on her chest. “no.”

 

Jiyong growled before he took on sandwhich and put it on her hand. “eat!”

 

“no.” She stubbornly answered.

 

“dammit Dara, just eat. Don’t make me shove the food down to your throat and choke you with it.”

 

Sandara looked up at him with fear inside her eyes. “are you jus threatening me?”

 

“I did. Now eat before I get really angry and do what I just said.” He opened the cover of the sterofoam bowl and put the spoon inside. Sandara took a bite from he sandwhich and chewed it slowly.

 

“there. That’s not that hard right?” he said gently and fed her the tomato soup.

 

she looked at him with a pout.

 

“what?”

 

She shook her head and took another bite while him kept feeding her the soup.

 

“I’m sorry for being mad at you earlier. But it’s really effective right?” he winked at her. She nodded and giggled.

 

She kissed his cheek after she finished all the food. “thank you Jiyong.”

 

He carresed her pink cheek. “anytime, D.” 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ummm.. okay.. I updated all my fics today *headache* 

 

too much work.. *sit in the corner waiting for another miracle* LOL XD