chapter 4

The Distance Between Us

Sandara ran away from the guy. The one guy she trusted her heart to. The one guy who lucky enough to enter her lonely days. But he's the same guy who broke her apart. The guy who hurt her even without trying to. 

 

She ran and ran away. Didn't care where her feet took her. All she thought about was to go far away from him. The guy who tore her heart apart. Kwon Jiyong.

 

And soon enough, her legs gave away. She could no longer run from him. From the memory they shared together. She just wanted to give up, to rest her aching heart. To stop the pain, but she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried to forget him, her minds always drifted back to memories of him. It seemed like her brain was not ready to let the past go.

 

She kept on telling herself that it all was the past, there's no need to remembered them again. All hugs, tears, laughs, and kisses they shared were merely a memories now. Nothing would change that. Not in a million years.

 

With much difficulties, she dragged her tired self to the park. Sat on one of the bench there. This was a wrong choice of place as this was where they have their first kiss. Right on the bench. 

 

Her heart again swelled in pain. She clutched her chest harshly as if she wanted to ripped her heart out of her body. The pain just too much. This was too much. She couldn't bear it any longer.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"D-ah~ I bought you an ice cream." Jiyong said and sat beside her on the bench.

 

Sandara smiled at him and took the ice cream, it was vanilla. Her favorite flavour. 

 

Her brows met in confusion, "vanilla?" She muttered. "How did you know vanilla is my favorite? I never told you." She looked up to him.

 

He just grinned at her and held up her ice cream to her lips. "I just know." He chuckled. "Eat it, D"

 

Sandara looked at him suspiciously but she shrugged it off.

 

"Vanilla.." He started. "Reminds me of you." He cupped her chin when she finished her treat and wiped the ice cream stain on the corner of her lips. He leaned down. "You smelled like vanilla." He whispered closer to her ear.

 

"am I?" Her heart shwelled with joy. He noticed her soap and perfume. It was indeed vanilla. 

 

He simply nodded and leaned in to catch her lips. And vanilla was the flavour he tasted.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"Stupid memory! Why did you come back now? Stupid brain! Stupid Dara! Stupid Jiyong! Stupid! Stupid!!" She balled her tiny fists in anger as she kept on cursing everything she could remember.

 

"I hate vanilla!! Vanilla..." She stopped by her sobs. "Vanilla.. vanilla remind me of you Jiyong.." She cried even harder and burried her face into her laps.

 

Unknowningly for Sandara, a boy has been looking what's she doing from the time she went out from her dorm building.

 

He stood still behind the tree near the bench occupied by the crying girl.

 

He could felt her pain, times twice. He hated how her face filled with frown caused by the pain from her broken heart. He hated how her tears kept on falling, creating lines on her beautiful eyes down to her chin. He hated how she mourning desperately.

 

But he hated himself the most. He hated himself for being the reason for those precious tears.

 

He promised himself that hurting her would be the last thing he would do. But looked at what he did now. He just wanted to stabbed himself with fork till death. Just so he could felt the pain. 

 

Without him realized, a tear slipped from his own eye.

 

He took a deep breathe before he slowly spinned his heels and walked away.

 

He chuckled softly. 'You made a right decision, Jiyong.'

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

ahh, my poor heart is bleeding while wrote this chapter.

But this is important. 

I... just.. could not.. *sigh*

 

anyway ENJOY~