Meeting

Something more Serious

A few hours later

Jimin sat in a hospital bed, separated from other beds by a thin sheet, staring languidly at the ceiling. He had just been told by the very nice X-ray technician, Namjoon, he was called, that he had 3 severe breaks on his wrist.

They would take 2 months to heal in a cast, and even after that, he would have to refrain from strenuous activity for at least 3 months. Now, he just had to wait until they put his cast on.

Miraculously, the hospital had filled up in that short amount of time, leaving the doctors to attend to the patients that needed it most. Meanwhile, Jimin was stuck in bed, his arm resting on a stuffed pillow suspended in the air by hooks attached to his bed.

He sighed loudly. Today was supposed to be when he met up with his long-time friend, Jin. Jin was in town, visiting from Busan, and decided to pay a little visit to Jimin. But of course, on the one day they were both free, Jimin had to go and break his arm, spending time overnight in the hospital.

Another sigh freed itself from his mouth. “Why are you sighing so much?” Jimin jumped. He thought he was all alone, but a soft voice was coming from his right.

“I’m sorry, I thought I was alone. Sorry to bother you.” Jimin called. “Oh no, you can keep sighing. I’ve been alone for a while now in this hospital.” The voice said.

“Tell me about it.” Jimin murmured. “I’ve already been here for like 5 hours and they haven’t even given me a cast yet.” Silence for a few seconds, broken by the voice.

“What did you break?” Jimin perked up. He liked that this mysterious person was focusing on him; He never got that much attention back at home. Being the middle child, between Hoseok, the ray of sunshine, and Jungkook, who was so good at everything. It was easy to feel ignored.

But now, he could bask in the attention. “My arm.” He replied. “It’s pretty bad.” he added.

“Oh,” said the voice. There was more silence. Jimin waited, but even after a few minutes, the voice didn’t say anything. “Umm, hello? You still there?” he called, but no answer. Jimin loudly sighed once more, and continued to stare at the cracks in the ceiling.