Result

Something more Serious

Jimin sighed. He was usually so careful when it came to simple things; he would always look both ways when he crossed the street, make sure that the stove wasn’t on before he went out, routinely checked his smoke alarms.

But the one time he was careless, this had happened. He looked down and his bruised arm in a sling, then looked up and listlessly absorbed the surroundings.

Bright lights, folding chairs sparse with people, young and old, everyone battling their own demons. The waiting room wasn’t exactly bustling, it was a calm day at Asan Medical center, and most of the nurses had an off day.

Suddenly, Jimin was woken from his daydreaming by a tired-looking young man in faded blue scrubs. His name tag read “Min Yoongi”, but Jimin only paid attention to that for only a second before taking in the striking mint green hair atop his head.

“Park Jimin-Ssi, the examination room is ready for you.” said Yoongi. Jimin got up and followed the slouching 20-something year old to an examination room.

Yoongi filed into the room and took up a clipboard from the wall, gesturing for Jimin to sit on the table. Jimin willingly obliged, but after three tries, he looked sheepishly at Yoongi, still gazing at the clipboard.

“Umm, excuse me?” Jimin squeaked. “Yes?” came the somewhat exasperated reply. “Ummm, do you have something I can step on? I can’t get up on the table…” Yoongi paused, looked up from the clipboard, glanced Jimin up and down, and chuckled. He then opened a closet door and pulled out a stepping stool. It had multiple crayon marks and sloppy names all over it.

“Usually for the kids.” Yoongi muttered, before gesturing once again, and returning to his clipboard. Cheeks turning bright red, Jimin stepped up and onto the table, clenching his jeans in embarrassment.

“So..” Yoongi turned and looked at Jimin.” It says that you left something on the floor, forgot to pick it up, and then tripped on it later, hurting your arm.”

“Y-yes.” Jimin stuttered hastily. “I reached out to block my fall, but my wrist twisted oddly and turned purple, so I came here.” Yoongi walked towards the table and reached out his hand, as if to say give me your wrist. Jimin his wrist out forcefully towards Yoongi, eager to make up for his awkwardness. He didn’t account for the fact that the action would probably hurt. A lot.

“Ow!” he gasped, gingerly pulling his wrist back in and cradling it in the sling. Yoongi raised his eyebrows and wrote something on his mysterious clipboard.

“Well, the bruising patterns suggest a very bad sprain or fracture, or even a break, but I don’t know for sure. I’ll have to take you to see the x-ray technician.” Jimin’s heart sank. He was hoping for a good day today, but things just kept getting worse and worse.