Revelation pt. 2

Something more Serious


Taehyung looked up from his phone, and saw Jimin. His heart skipped a beat. Taehyung frowned. Was it the excitement or were his conditions acting up? This was not the right time, he couldn’t mess this up. Taehyung just had a feeling that Jimin and him were destined to meet. He saw Jimin walk towards him and plastered on a huge smile, maybe a little too forced.

“Jimin hyung! Come sit!” He called. Jimin looked a little uncomfortable, and Tae wouldn’t have done something to make him feel more at ease, except for the fact that his heart was beating faster and faster. He still smiled and practically shouted in reply, “It’s been great! But tell me about your life!”

As Jimin started to talk, Taehyung could feel his heart getting faster. It was like fire in his chest, making everything race. He felt dizzy; all of the noise was drowned out, replaced by a dull droning sound. He was sweating, and he could feel his face paling. Jimin said something, and gestured to the counter. , what did he say? Was he asking for my order? He's nice like that, that was probably it. “Just a warm pastry is fine. Thanks hyung!” he said. As Jimin went to order, he clutched his chest, trying to control his breathing.

The feeling was excruciating, and he just wanted it to go away. Jimin said something, and Tae quickly removed his hand from his chest. He swayed a little in his seat before answering saying his standard excuse of being a little tired. To distract from himself, he asked Jimin about his coworkers, determined to make it through the meeting.

Jimin started to talk, but all Taehyung could focus on was the rapid beat-beat as his heart tried to pump blood harder to unclog his arteries. There wasn’t enough blood circulating in his body. By now, his other symptoms started to kick in. A pounding headache formed, and he started to shake. His entire body wanted to droop, but he kept himself upright with a painted smile on his face.

I can’t let Jimin find out about this. My first real friend; I can’t screw it up. Then Jimin abruptly got up, gesturing for him to rise. Taehyung shakily got up to his feet, and tried to take a step, but his knees buckled. He grabbed on to the coffee table for support, but he could feel his grip on reality slipping away. His heart was beating so fast; reverberating through his whole body. His fingers loosened, and he fell backwards with a gasp, the word “Jimin” on his lips.

Darkness.