The Agent and The Doctor

Special Agent Yoo and Forensic Doctor Kang: Special Case
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

The Agent and The Doctor

 

Day 15

09:00

Si Jin stood in front of Chief Yoon and the Director of NIS at the meeting room, reporting the case after being released from the hospital two days earlier. He never thought he could still alive after being positive he won’t survive. The hospital did surgery on him to remove the wood on his abdomen and he was conscious two hours after the surgery. The first thing he remembered was his beautiful partner. Si Jin insisted he wanted to see Mo Yeon before Chief Yoon scolded him and told him the doctor was sent to Haesung and also had a surgery, but she lived.

The agent took a deep breath and asked if he could see her, but the Chief didn’t give him permission because of his condition and this was NIS confidential case. And the worst part, Chief Yoon also took his phone away.

For a week he was restless and the doctors in the hospital had to sedate him, so he could have some rest. Even it didn’t stop his mind to keep thinking about Mo Yeon.

Was she alright?

And Si Jin didn’t want her to think he abandoned her just like that after what they had been through.

“So, the murderer in Won Jin’s case was Agent Park?” The Director asked Si Jin.

“Yes, sir.”

After being released from the hospital, Si Jin did investigation about his former senior agent. What he found in Agent Parks’s place was unthinkable. The former agent didn’t lie when he said he did research thoroughly about his and Mo Yeon’s family, and Si Jin had no idea how the agent had time to do that kind of research. He collected all the informations and secured it in the NIS headquarter, for Special Case’s files. The senior agent himself, apparently, was still alive and being sent to Federal Prison for his crimes.

“Motives?”

“He wanted something which Won Jin had informations about it. He took Dr. Kang to the old manor to retrieve it, but I destroyed it.”

“And what is this something?” Chief Yoon asked.

“A crystal ball.”

Both men in front of Si Jin raised their eyebrows.

“Agent Park believed the ball has power to control the world, sir,” Si Jin added.

The Director blinked. “Is that so?” He closed Si Jin’s folder. “And you manage to destroy it?”

“Yes, sir.”

“And the case in 1982? And Myung Hee?”

Si Jin took a deep breath and stared at his superiors before answering, “Caused of death cardiac arrest.”

“Nothing else?”

“No, sir.”

“The evidences?”

“A flashlight, a gun which I believe Agent Park gave to Myung Hee, and an old camera. There are nothing suspicious from the two objects aside from the gun. There are also the security record from the facility and the autopsy reports from Dr. Kang.”

The Director exhaled and stared at Si Jin. “I’m so glad you’re alright after dealing with this confusing case. I’m just curious how did you and Dr. Kang get stabbed with a piece of wood? Our men found nothing suspicious in the manor when we arrived.”

The agent only exhaled softly. “I was...being careless, sir.”

“Hmmm...I guess this one is different from your previous cases, isn’t it?”

Si Jin stared at the Director and nodded. He knew his Director sensed he was hiding something which the latter better didn’t know about it. “Yes, sir.”

“So, I think having a partner is good for you.”

The agent only smiled slightly.

“If that so, I’ll hand over the Special Case Department to you and Dr. Kang.”

Si Jin blinked. “Sir?”

“I’m sure there will be more uncommon cases in the future with bizzare circumstances and I can see you and Dr. Kang can work together in solving the cases,” The Director said again.

“Thank you, sir, but, I want to discuss this matter with Dr. Kang first. She was only a civilian and I already caused her to get wounded, and had to deal with uncommon things. I don’t want to push her if she doesn’t want to become my partner.”

“Ah...” Chief Yoon smirked. “Trying to be a gentleman, huh?”

Si Jin laughed sheepishly. “I’m working on that part, sir.”

“I’ll leave that matters to you, then.” The Chief raised Si Jin’s folder. “And don’t forget to type your reports.”

The agent almost groaned.

11:45

Si Jin arrived at the old manor. He got out from his car and slowly passed the front gate. The yellow police lines weren’t there anymore, replaced by a sign which informed the site would be turned into a public park.

After what had happened in the old manor, whether or not he was the family of Min Jee, Si Jin wanted to give his final respect to him. He hoped Min Jee could rest in peace and reborn again with a better life if he had the chance.

The agent quietly walked inside the manor and to the first room, where the painting was hung on the wall.

His eyes widened when he saw the wall.

The painting was gone.

16:00

Mo Yeon finished her hours in the hospital and went home to her place to change her clothes. Si Jin sent her a message half an hour ago, saying he wanted to see her. Mo Yeon had a surgery to remove the sharp wood from her waist and she was on bed rest for six days. During the six days, Director Han kept sending her flowers, but she never accepted it. She was hoping to hear news from Si Jin, but nothing. Until the day of her release from her hospital room, still no words from him. While taking her shower and changing her clothes, she wondered why Si Jin wanted to see her after almost two weeks she hadn’t heard news from him.

Was it because what they said to each other at the old manor while they were dying?

Mo Yeon could still remember what Si Jin had said.

That he wanted to know her better, eating delicious foods, and watching movies while she wanted to see him without his black suit.

Or was it the order from NIS to end their partnership?

She decided there was no other way to know than to see the agent herself. The doctor took a bus to go to the destination. For this special occasion, she decided to wear a skirt and a blouse. Si Jin wanted to see her in a public park where they could see the river and there was where she went.

When she arrived, the day almost turned dark and she saw a man stood near the river with his back on her, wearing grey coat and black pants. Mo Yeon’s heart almost stopped when the man turned around and their eyes met.

The man was Si Jin.

She saw him wearing deep brown sweater underneath his coat and he looked devilishly handsome.

And Mo Yeon instantly blushed.

Did he remember when she told him she wanted to see him without his suit?

He looked fine while Mo Yeon could still remember the last time she saw him, they both were wounded badly.

Si Jin’s heart warmed when he saw Mo Yeon. She looked so beautiful wearing a skirt, for he used to see her wearing pants. After couldn’t see her for almost two weeks, he admitted he missed her and her company, and seeing her in fine condition propelled his feet to approach her and gave her a hug.

Mo Yeon stood there motionless, surprised by the sudden gesture.

“How have you been? Are you alright? How’s your wound? I’m sorry I didn’t call you or sent you messages because the Chief kept my phone away,” Si Jin blurted out.

The doctor blinked before smiling and wrapped her arms on Si Jin’s waist, causing him to wince and Mo Yeon pulled out her arms in surprise.

“I...I’m sorry,” she said, a bit panicked.

Si Jin only chuckled and released his hug on Mo Yeon, holding his abdomen. “It’s alright. It’s just...it still a bit tender in that area.”

“Oh...”

The agent looked at her, his eyes we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter