Their Chemistry

Special Agent Yoo and Forensic Doctor Kang: Special Case
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you brave enough to read this chapter at night, you may...

Thank you for your upvotes, subscribes and comments :)

Chapter 4

Their Chemistry

 

Day 3

05:30

Mo Yeon was stil asleep when her phone vibrated on the bedside table. Stirring and squinted her eyes, she looked over the clock in her room and groaned when she noticed the time. Groaning, she took her phone and answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Dr. Kang?”

The male voice on the other line caused her to fully awake from her sleepy state. She recognized the voice and her heart drummed in her chest.

“Agent Yoo?”

“I’m sorry to call you in this hour, but we have an emergency situation.”

Mo Yeon furrowed her eyebrows and sat on her bed. “What is it?”

“Won Jin is dead.”

“What?”

“He was found dead in his room. I need your help to examine him in the crime scene and do the autopsy later. Be ready. I’ll be there in 20 minutes.”

“Huh? But...”

And the agent disconnected the call.

Mo Yeon exhaled. “That man...how can he knows where I live?” She muttered to herself before rose from her bed.

The doctor took a quick shower and changed her clothes, and true to his words, 20 minutes later, her doorbell rang. She shouldn’t be surprised. Si Jin was NIS agent. He could find out where she lived easily. When she opened her door, Si Jin was there, wearing his black suit. He dropped her off yesterday at Haesung after seeing another agent and asked about the result from the old camera, but it was still on the process. Mo Yeon wondered if Si Jin ever changed the suit at all. And somehow, the thought caused her cheeks to blush.

Si Jin, in the other hand, smiled slightly when he saw Mo Yeon. She looked fresh even though he called her so early in the morning. Her sweet scent filled his nostrils and his body sang in delight. He shook his head mentally.

“Are you ready?” he asked while trying to compose himself.

Mo Yeon nodded. “Yes.”

07:45

When they arrived at the crime scene, the police already secured the area. The other patients were transferred to another facility while the nurses and the doctors were stayed at a room for investigation purposes.

Mo Yeon frowned when she saw Won Jin’s body on the floor. She just talked to him yesterday and today, he was dead. How fast everything could change in a NIS confidential case?

Si Jin glanced at the doctor and noticed her frown expression. He took a deep breath and smiled grimly. Mo Yeon might be a forensic doctor, she used to see dead bodies, but this maybe her first time to deal with a case like this. Dealing with the loss of witness was the common thing Si Jin had experienced while handling his previous cases.

He touched Mo Yeon’s shoulder tenderly. “Are you alright?”

Mo Yeon nodded in silence. She knew Si Jin wasn’t referring about her seeing Won Jin’s body, but to her feelings seeing someone whom she just met suddenly gone.

“I need to ask the doctors and the nurses, and the security guards. I’ll be right back,” Si Jin continued in low voice.

“Ok.”

With one gentle tap on her shoulder, Si Jin left the doctor with Won Jin’s body.

The agent walked to a room, showing his badge to the police and they gave him a quick nod before leaving him with the doctors and nurses. Si Jin took a deep breath and looked at the men and women in front of him.

“Anyone wants to tell me what happened last night?” the agent asked.

A male doctor answered, “The male nurses were on their night shift, but they didn’t see or hear anyhing suspicious.” He looked around his colleagues and to Si Jin. “As for us, we just knew this morning.”

“Won Jin was killed in his room. That means the killer knew about this facility and even where his room was, and how this place works,” Si Jin said sternly.

“Why would one of us killed him, sir? He is our patient,” one of the female nurses answered with tears in her eyes. “Well...was.”

Si Jin took a deep breath and looked around the room, noticing a security camera in the corner of the ceiling of a hall. He took steps outside and tilted his head. “How many security camera do you have?” he asked while his eyes were still on the object.

“We have many of them, sir,” the doctor who answered Si Jin the first time gave the agent his answer.

Si Jin nodded and looked over the doctors and the nurses again. “I consider all of you as witnesses now, but it may change after I looked over the security record. Meanwhile, NIS transfers all of you to the nearby facility until the case is cleared. Any questions?”

All of them shook their heads.

“Good.”

Without saying another word, Si Jin walked away from the room and headed to the security department. Two men wearing dark clothes were sitting on their chairs with police guarded them. The agent glanced at them before saying, “Do you have the camera’s record from the night before?”

One of them nodded hastily.

“I want to see it,” Si Jin stated curtly.

Wearing her mask and her gloves, Mo Yeon examined Won Jin’s body, trying to find the cause of his death. She found no wound or scratch on his body and then, she opened Won Jin’s mouth and her eyes widened when she saw his tongue turned blue.

She concluded Won Jin was being poisoned.

She needed to take his body to Haesung for further examination, so she could also find out about the poison.

Mo Yeon pulled her phone from her pocket and lowered her mask, tapping the speed dial to call her department.

“Good morning, this is Haesung Hospital. Forensic Department.”

“This is Dr. Kang Mo Yeon. Prepare the autopsy room for me. Patient is a male.”

“Yes, Doctor.”

“Thank you.”

Si Jin returned to Won Jin’s room from the Security Department when he saw Mo Yeon put her phone in her pocket.

“How was it?” he asked the doctor.

“No major injuries. I must say he didn’t even fight when he saw the killer. I think he knew who killed him,” Mo Yeon answered while removing her mask and her gloves, putting it in her other pocket.

“Do you know the cause of his death?”

The doctor nodded. “Poison.”

Si Jin raised his eyebrows. “Poison? What kind of poison?”

“I can’t say much for now. I need to do a thorough post mortem examination to him to know about the poison.” She turned to Si Jin. “How about you?”

“Not as lucky as you,” the agent answered. “I can’t find any suspects at all. Looks like the killer is someone from outside the facility. But, I already sent the security record to my private e-mail. I will look for it later.”

“Ah, I see.”

“I already prepared the ambulance to bring the body to Haesung. Let’s get to work.”

11:00

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows when they stopped at their usual coffee shop rather than at Haesung. “I don’t think this is Haesung Hospital,” she said to Si Jin.

“I’m hungry. I haven’t ate anything since this morning. I’m sure you haven’t either,” he answered in low voice.

The doctor blinked and her heart turned erratic. This was the first time a man cared for her, even though he only thought her as his partner.

“Um...yes.”

“Let’s eat something and I’ll take you to Haesung afterwards. I already told the ambulance to bring the body to your hospital. Don’t worry.”

Mo Yeon smiled slightly. “Thank you.”

Si Jin smiled in return. “You’re welcome.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter