Their Meeting

Special Agent Yoo and Forensic Doctor Kang: Special Case
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your responses for this story are so overwhelming. Thank you very much and here’s Agent Yoo and Dr. Kang :)

Chapter 1

Their Meeting

 

07:15

Chief Yoon smirked. “I never said Dr. Kang is a he.”

The agent blinked. “Huh?”

“Dr. Kang Mo Yeon is a she.”

Si Jin froze.

The Chief sighed animatedly. “Well, you took it really well.”

The agent cleared his throat. “You were saying I will work with a woman?”

“Yes,” Chief Yoon answered. “I think it’s good for you to work alongside a woman.”

“I can do this case on my own. I don’t need a partner.”

“You think you don’t need a partner, but I think you do.”

“I worked fine on my own before, even without Dr. Lee, Chief,” Si Jin said stubbornly.

Chief Yoon raised his eyebrows. “Are you objecting to work with Dr. Kang because you used to work alone or because she’s a woman?”

Si Jin’s right eye twitched.

“I decided to partner her with you because she is now doing an autopsy to victims which their cases are linked to a case in 1982. When you worked with Dr. Lee, hence he was your partner or not, you didn’t have cases like this.”

And the latter silenced the special agent.

“And also, this is to keep her quiet about the case. You will keep an eye on her.”

Si Jin finally understood the Chief’s intention and nodded reluctantly.

Chief Yoon looked over at his watch. “You can go now and I’m sure Dr. Kang already arrived at the hospital.” His eyes glinted with humor. “She is like you. Her work hours are often without schedule.”

“Ha ha,” Si Jin laughed sarcastically.

“Don’t forget to write your report and either you or Dr. Kang will report to me when you both solve the case. Do I make myself clear, Agent?”

“Yes, Chief.”

Si Jin walked away from the Chief’s office, carrying the folder and returned to his desk to retrieve his badge and his handphone. He put the envelope for Dr. Kang into his inner pocket.

“Going somewhere?” Agent Gong asked.

Si Jin nodded. “To Haesung. I’d like to see my partner there.”

Agent Gong gaped. “You have a partner? Wow...but, wait. Haesung? Isn’t that a hospital?”

Si Jin almost rolled his eyes. “Yes, my partner is a doctor.”

“Whoa...that’s cool. You finally become partners with Dr. Lee.”

“It’s not Dr. Lee.”

Agent Gong blinked. “It’s not?”

“No, but his assistant. Dr. Lee is retired.”

Si Jin’s fellow agent watched him took the folder and ready to go, and he decided he wanted to come to Haesung too, to see Agent Yoo’s new partner, out of curiosity. When Si Jin started to walk, Agent Gong followed him, causing Si Jin to raise his eyebrows.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m coming with you to Haesung,” Agent Gong answered.

“Don’t you have any cases to solve?”

“Not really. Just typing some reports.”

Si Jin narrowed his eyes. “You want to see how my partner looks like, don’t you?”

Agent Gong grinned.

Si Jin huffed and continued to walk, Agent Gong in a tow. When they were almost reached the parking lot, Si Jin bumped into someone. He turned his head and saw Park Byung-soo, the agent whom Si Jin assisted during his first years in NIS. The senior agent only grinned while Si Jin gave a quick nod. He opened the driver door once he reached his car and sat on the seat, throwing the folder into the backseat while Agent Gong opened the passenger door and sat next to Si Jin.

“Let’s just say I can give you company if your partner makes you bored, Agent Yoo, or in the other hand, I can go back to the office on my own if you want to spend time with your partner,” Agent Gong said again.

“What’s the difference?” Si Jin replied while turning his car engine on and started to drive. “Dr. Lee is a boring person, but all of his analysis were always good. And this Dr. Kang was his assistant. I’m sure she is a boring person too.”

Agent Gong blinked. “What? She? Your partner is a woman?”

Si Jin exhaled. “Yes.”

“And a doctor?”

“Yes.”

Agent Gong pursed his lips. “Looks like your life linked to doctors, Agent Yoo. You worked with Dr. Lee before and I heard Chief Yoon’s daughter once had a crush on you,” he grinned, “and she’s also a doctor.”

“Keep talking like that and I will make sure you get out from this car in the middle of nowhere,” Si Jin threatened.

Agent Gong raised his hands, pretending to surrender. “Ok...time out.”

Chief Yoon’s daughter, Yoon Myeong Ju, was Si Jin’s childhood friend. They knew each other since childhood because their fathers were good friends. Myeong Ju once confessed her feelings to him, but Si Jin rejected her politely, for he only considered Myeong Ju as a best friend. They were still friends until now, and Myeong Ju was having a relationship with Seo Dae-young, another special agent in another department.

His track record in romance wasn’t a good one either. Working with hectic schedules, Si Jin often didn’t have time to take care of himself, let alone experienced any romantic moments with a woman, and a lot of his colleagues about it. And working with Dr. Kang would likely not going to make his record with woman became any better.

“Why don’t you find out about her first? Facebook maybe?” Agent Gong asked again.

Si Jin shook his head. “No, her pictures can be fake and I don’t feel it’s the right thing to do finding anything about my partner before I even seen her. It’s like stalking her. I don’t want to do that.”

“Ah, being a gentleman, aren’t you?” Agent Gong snickered. “But, there’s a chance you two aren’t going to click the first time you meet with each other.”

Si Jin frowned. “I was thinking the same thing.”

08:30

Kang Mo Yeon was in her autopsy room, wearing her surgery robe with her mask and a cap covering her head, a soft music accompanied her while doing an autopsy to a victim of a murder, at least that was what she heard. She did her autopsy calmly although there was another body lay on a bed not far from her spot.

“Patient name Park Myung Hee, caused of death cardiac arrest. No major or minor internal injuries,” Mo Yeon stated her report on her phone, recorded it, while her gloved fingers poking around the second dead body she examined in the morning. And then, she stopped on the shoulder and furrowed her eyebrows when she saw a light bruise.

“A bruise?” she asked to herself. She looked closer to it and her eyebrows furrowed deeper. She glanced at Myung Hee’s face and said in low voice, “What did you do before you lost your life, Mr. Park?” The doctor turned again to the bruise. “This one is like you’ve been thrown from certain heights to the ground.”

“Dr. Kang?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter