Their Hearts

Special Agent Yoo and Forensic Doctor Kang: Special Case
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back-to-back update...

Thank you for your comments, subscribes, and upvotes :)

Chapter 5

Their Hearts

 

18:15

Agent Park motioned Mo Yeon to keep walking and they arrived at the room which the last time she visited with Si Jin. Her eyes automatically landed on the chest. Just like before, she was tempted to see what was inside the chest. She slowly walked to the table and gingerly held it. Swallowing her guts, Mo Yeon opened the chest and her eyes widened when she saw a glowing crystal ball in it.

Just like with Myung Hee and 35 years ago with Jung Hoon, a fog appeared in the room and Mo Yeon looked up to see it turned into a shape of a man who was the younger version of Si Jin.

Min Jee.

The doctor gripped the chest while the man...the spirit...watched her with his sharp eyes before his face softened.

“I’ve been waiting for you,” he said with his follow voice.

Mo Yeon blinked. Despite her fear, she was more curious about what the shaman had said. “You’ve been waiting for me?”

“Yes.”

He approached Mo Yeon while the doctor watched him warily. Slowly, he touched Mo Yeon’s cheek and she could feel his cold hand, more like the feeling of a fog touched your skin. It made sense, though, because the man in front of her wasn’t really a man.

The doctor stared at him. And now when she could look at him closely, she could tell he was definitely younger than Si Jin. He still had the innocent look on his face and Mo Yeon suddenly felt sorry for him, for he didn’t had the chance to live his life fully, at least, according to Joseon’s standards.

“What took you so long?” he said again, this time with more melancholy on his voice, as if he had been waiting for her more than four centuries. His next words rendered Mo Yeon speechless. “Kang Mo Yeon.”

How did he know her name?

Or maybe that was his betrothed’s name?

Agent Park said her family has connection to the shaman.

Mo Yeon cleared . “Dr. Kang,” she said. “People know me with that name. Kang Mo Yeon doesn’t really mean much.”

Min Jee smiled slightly and pulled his hand from Mo Yeon’s cheek. “You still have the same fire in you, even after all these centuries.” And the, he looked at Mo Yeon’s eyes. “Do you finally want to avenge my death?”

Mo Yeon blinked.

She didn’t really expect that.

“Huh?”

“I think the reunion time is over,” Agent Park suddenly said.

The doctor almost forgot he was still there behind her with his gun.

Agent Park’s voice caused Min Jee to tilt his head while Mo Yeon turned around, still holding the chest with the glowing ball. The senior agent’s eyes lit up when he saw the ball and motioned to the doctor to give him the chest. Min Jee suddenly appeared in front of Agent Park and scowled.

“You have no right to be here,” he said.

Mo Yeon saw the oportunity for her to escape. She closed the chest and ran away, deeper inside the manor the same time the senior agent shot her, only he missed. The day was already dark and Mo Yeon almost couldn’t see anything inside the huge manor. She could hear Agent Park’s voice and that caused her to keep running and found a place to hide, at least, until Si Jin arrived.

If he ever arrived.

Mo Yeon took shuddering breaths and leaned herself on the wall.

She didn’t expect this when she started the case with Si Jin.

“This way,” suddenly she heard Min Jee’s voice.

Mo Yeon yelped in surprise and saw the shaman stood in front of her.

“I’ll help you escape,” he said again. “Afterwards, you can avenge my death.”

The doctor held the chest tighter. Avenging the shaman’s death was the last thing she wanted to do, escaping was her first priority. She could deal with revenge later.

Mo Yeon nodded and began to run to the direction which Min Jee had showed her.

Si Jin arrived at the manor and heard the sound of a shooting from a gun. He turned his car off before got out and pulled out his gun. He ran inside, gun in hand, staying alert because it was dark inside the manor. When he walked around the familiar rooms, he sensed someone was running at his direction and he pointed his gun, only to find Mo Yeon stood on the corner, holding a chest.

Both of them exhaled in relief.

Si Jin approached Mo Yeon. “Are you alright? I’m sorry if I’m late.”

Mo Yeon shook her head, still shocked, but happy to see Si Jin. “I’m...I’m fine. It’s...just..there’s something that you need to know.”

“What is it?”

The doctor stared at something over his shoulder and Si Jin slowly turned his head around. Not far from they stood, he saw the man from the painting. Mo Yeon said he was the younger version of him and she was right. Si Jin could see him in his early 20s.

Min Jee smiled and approached him, and Si Jin instinctively stood in front of Mo Yeon.

Both men stared at each other before Min Jee said, “I’m glad we can meet again.”

“Well, I’m not really that glad,” the agent said.

Min Jee chuckled. “Even after all these years, you still have the ability to joke.” His eyes turned sad. “I envy you.”

Mo Yeon furrowed her eyebrows when she saw the shaman seemed to refer Si Jin not as his descendant.

“I can see you already met Mo Yeon,” Min Jee said again. “Both of you can avenge my death now.”

“And how are we going to do that?” the agent asked boldly. “This is not Joseon era anymore. The people who killed you, even the King, were already dead. Not to mention you caused deaths to a boy and a man in this century.”

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows seeing Si Jin’s boldness.

Did he know something a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter