Their Investigation

Special Agent Yoo and Forensic Doctor Kang: Special Case
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you so much for the comments, subscribes, and upvotes :)

Chapter 2

Their Investigation

 

09:45

Si Jin drove Mo Yeon to a coffee shop and the doctor raised her eyebrows. She never thought the agent would bring her to a public place to discuss a classified case.

“Coffee shop?” she asked.

“Yes. Why? Do you prefer we discuss our case in my place?” Si Jin asked in return while grinning cheekily.

Mo Yeon made a face. “Are you always this straightforward with a woman?”

“To answer your question, no.”

“It’s a no because you’ve never been straightforward or no because you’ve never been in a relationship with a woman?”

Si Jin eyed Mo Yeon. “You’re very observant for your own good.”

“Thank you.” The doctor grinned. “But, you didn’t answer my question earlier.”

“Let’s go.” He changed the topic. “We can choose a table in the corner and we can talk freely,” the agent said.

Si Jin unbuckled his seat belt, took the folder from his backseat and got out from the car, helping Mo Yeon closed the passenger door. He opened the cafe’s door for Mo Yeon and they both walked to the order table. The coffee shop wasn’t very crowded, for it was still almost ten in the morning. After purchasing their orders, Si Jin gave Mo Yeon his folder, pointed to a corner and told her to wait for him. Mo Yeon understood what he meant about sitting in the corner. The table was quite hidden and they could see the whole room from their spot.

Mo Yeon sat at their table and watched Si Jin waiting for their orders on the pick-up table. From his appearance, he was probably a year or two years younger than her and he must be smart too, for being a special agent in young age. The doctor wondered why Si Jin being assigned to handle the case.

What was so special about him?

And why NIS wanted to partner her with the agent?

She was only a civilian.

Was it because they want to keep an eye on her?

Si Jin took the tray and walked to his and Mo Yeon’s table before sitting across from the doctor. He put their drinks and breads on the table.

“You seem to like this place,” Mo Yeon stated.

The special agent nodded. “I do. Sometimes I solved my cases here.”

“Oh...with your previous partner?”

Si Jin blinked and sipped his drink. “No, I was working alone. You’re my first partner.”

Mo Yeon smiled slighty. “Ah...I thought Dr. Lee was your partner.”

“He wasn’t. He only provided me some inputs from medical perspective.” He stared at Mo Yeon. “Dr. Lee rarely mentioned about you.”

“Why should he mention about me? I was still an intern when he worked with you...well, he never mentioned your name either. He only said special agent from NIS, so I guess he was talking about you.” Mo Yeon stared at Si Jin in return. “If you’re not working with a partner before, why now?”

The agent almost lost of words. He couldn’t tell Mo Yeon what his Chief had said to him, about keeping the doctor to stay quiet.

“Is it because we’re working a confidential case and I shouldn’t say a word about it?” Mo Yeon asked again, voicing her suspiciousness and causing Si Jin’s mouth to gap.

He mentioned to Agent Gong he wanted a quick thinker partner, he just didn’t expect his partner to be this quick.

Si Jin composed himself and took a deep breath. “I can’t say that you’re wrong because the victims whom you did examination are linked to a case in 1982.”

“Huh?”

The agent motioned at the folder and Mo Yeon opened it. Inside the folder, she saw three pictures of the victims, she recognized two of them, but one picture looked so old.

“A boy?” she asked.

“Yes, the boy was Lee Jung Hoon. He died at an old manor.” Si Jin exhaled before continuing the next part, “his friends told the police that Jung Hoon was dead because of a ghost, a shaman’s ghost.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “What?”

“The two victims in your autopsy room are Jung Hoon’s friends. Myung Hee was found dead in the manor the exact way Jung Hoon did 35 years ago,” Si Jin continued.

“If that so, why are you the one who deal with the case?”

“Let’s say I have...experience with cases like this.”

The doctor raised her eyebrows. “The supernatural cases?”

“Uncommon cases.”

“Ah..”

“I need your medical perspectives on this case. I don’t think ghost did this. I think it’s someone just trying to make it looks like a ghost,” Si Jin added.

“Because your previous cases mostly like that?” Mo Yeon asked.

“Yes.”

“I see, just like Scooby Doo and The Mystery Machine.”

Si Jin laughed lightly. Mo Yeon’s humor warmed his heart, and he must admitted, he really enjoyed her company.

“Do you want to become a Forensic Doctor since you were young?” the agent asked, trying to know the doctor better.

Mo Yeon sighed. “I always want to become a doctor to help people, just like my father who helped others by becoming a police. He died when I was 14, so I chose to become a Forensic Doctor to continue his legacy.” She nodded at Si Jin while sipping her drink. “What about you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter