Stay With Me

Hurt Or Heal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Hyejeong watched Seolhyun’s car vanished from her eyes. She shouted something right in front of the house.

“TODAY IS VERY STRANGE!!!!!” Hyejeong shouted with all her lung out. In the middle of shouting, a tennis ball hit her from far.

“What the..”

I can’t believe I have to bump into another rude kid after Kim Seolhyun…

She wanted to scold the boy around 10 years old, her neighbor, for doing such act, but the boy placed his finger at his lips. A sign for her to stay quiet.

The boy eagerly pointed out to something at the porch. It was his grandpa, sleeping soundly.

“You might wake him up.” The boy slowly mouthed it to Hyejeong, so she could catch it.

Hyejeong bowed as a sign of apologise and smiled. The boy replied back with a smile.

Awww… this boy is just being lovely and caring… but still rude tho…. kekekeke ..sweet boy…

Are there anyone out there like you, boy?? Coz that person you love must’ve be misunderstood you a lot…

 

**

 

“Stupid, embarrassing Hyejeong.” Hyejeong sighed, untangling her sneakers from her feet.

Hyejeong head straightaway to the kitchen. She wanted to eat so bad because her stomach had been groaning since she was in the hospital. Yeah of course, she woke up late that day and didn't even had her breakfast.

“Stupid Hyejeong. Why didn't you… never mind…” Hyejeong’s hand reached out the paper bag and took out the burger that she had waited so long.

“Okay…Why am I calling myself stupid?? Aaiishh…Seolhyun bad influence…”

That brat….

 

At Driving Academy

 

Seolhyun swung the front glass door opened and headed to her office. Jimin who saw her from far, sneakily followed her from the back and watched all over Seolhyun.

This kid….is weird today.

“Seolhyun-ah!!!” Jimin surprised Seolhyun from her back by giving her a sudden crash and back hugging her tight.

“AAH HYEJEONG!!!” Seolhyun blurted that out due to shock. A name that she didn't expect to come out that time. She felt she wanted to die when she turned back and saw Jimin.

“Oh? I heard someone’s name. A very familiar name…” Jimin gave Seolhyun a sly grin at Seolhyun and poked her stomach.

“R-really? Hahahaha. You m-misheard that.” Seolhyun didn't want to continue this conversation and just faked a laugh, because she knew what will happen if she opened up more.

And its wouldn't do ANY good for HER.

Seolhyun rushed to her table and had a seat, struggling to make herself looked busy, so Jimin could stop disturbing and bombarded her with thousands of questions.

“You really love to keep secrets from me lately, huh?” Jimin pursed her lips and made a sad face as responses toward Seolhyun ignorance.

“No, I am not.” Seolhyun answered straight.

Realising that Seolhyun serious mode had switched on, Jimin said, “Yaahh… “

“So…. You like that Hyejeong girl?” Jimin continued giving her sly grin to Seolhyun while helping herself to take a seat.

“NOPE.”

Jimin sighed as she failed to defeat Seolhyun’s super mighty strong mental. Puzzled herself, she thought maybe Seolhyun really didn't like that girl, but she didn't want to give up.

“Fine… so…where did you go just now, huh?”

“Ermm… just filling my lesson time with something, since Hyejeong has quit.”

“You can just stay in office; you know…”

“Office is boring.”

“But Hyejeong is not boring?” Jimin gave a playful smile. Seolhyun blushed a bit with that question, so she raised up the file in her hands, and acted as if she was reading them intently to cover up.

Well…She is a …fun person…

“Can you stop mentioning her name? I don't have anything to do with her…” Seolhyun sounded angry.

God please give me strength…

“OKAY…You don't have ANYTHING TO DO WITH HER..but you can suddenly BLURTED her name just now… I SEE…” Jimin sensed something fishy so she kept on attacking. Seolhyun already clenched her teeth because she afraid she might lose to Jimin’s incredible mind.

“You know what Seolhyun?”

“…….”

“People said you won’t have blurted someone’s name unless you ALWAYS think of them.” Seolhyun still in silence.

“And…you won’t think of them unless you are always with them….”

Okay…that’s my word because I think you went out with her…

Seolhyun stopped as she trying to digest Jimin’s words. She found that the words had some truths lied behind it.

Jimin smiled a bit when she watched Seolhyun’s reaction, holding herself from laughing because of her cuteness.

So, it is true…

“So?”

OKAY. I THINK ABOUT HER LAST BACK HUG SO MUCH AND ITS BOTHERING. PLUS… ME SUDDENLY BEING HER GUARDIAN IS JUST TOO MUCH TO HANDLE IN A DAY. I BLAME …HYEJEONG.

But yeah the words only played in her mind. Jimin sighed hearing Seolhyun response.

“You blurted Hyejeong’s name out because she keeps on playing in your mind. The reason she keeps on playing in your mind because there’s a lot of THINGS happen between both of you, which meant …YOU SPEND A LOT OF TIME WITH HER.” Jimin jumped out with her own conclusion because she was really tired with Seolhyun’s denial.

I swear to god this unnie is psychic…

“BASELESS. Who said so huh??!!” Seolhyun remained steady with her cold face although she stuttered a bit. She just focused on her work to ignore her thoughts and also the problem in front of her, Jimin unnie.

“Fine…” Jimin stayed static for a whole 10 minutes, practically watching and reading Seolhyun’s body language and mind.

“Don’t you have any work, unnie?”

“I do. I/m here for work you know. Anyway, where is Hyejeong’s file? I need it.”

“There. At the top of that pile of files.” Seolhyun pointed to a towering files beside her.

“Thank you.” Jimin took the file and walked straight to the door.

You are easily distracted with your work. GOOD.

“Why ……would you need her fi-” Seolhyun just knocked out by her sense.

“Jimin unnie, STOP!” Jimin started to run but Seolhyun caught her right at the door.

Jimin held on the file tight and tried to hide it behind it her back.

“UNNIE… Don’t lie to me. You don’t need it.”

“Of course I need it!”

“LIE. You want her number, right?”

Jimin quickly leant against the wall, so Seolhyun wouldn't get any chance to steal it.

“Is it wrong that I want her number??!! I just want to say hi.”

“Hi your face!” Apparently, Seolhyun taking the advantages with her long hands to snatch that file back.

But Jimin’s grip was too tight for Seolhyun to pull back, so she she made a brave move.

Pulling Jimin’s hair.

“AAAHH!! SEOLHYUN-AH!! DO YOU WANT ME TO GO BALD??!!” Jimin shrieked in pain and one of her hand left the file to smack Seolhyun.

“YES I DO IF THAT MAKE YOU GIVE ME BACK THIS FILE!! ANYWAY BALD DOESN’T LOOK BAD ON YOU.”

“WHAT??!!”

“AT LEAST BETTER THAN THIS DRY AND UNCOMBED HAIR YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW!!” Jimin couldn't believe what she just heard that time that she lost her grip for a while.

Taking the opportunity of Jimin’s weakness, she yanked that hot item hard which caused herself was thrown to the wall, together with the file.

DUSHH!!

“Got it!” Seolhyun relieved that the file was saved.

“HOW DARE YOU!!” Folding her sleeves, Jimin looked like she was ready to attack Seolhyun back who was helplessly lying on the floor.

“Ms. Kim are you okay??” Seolhyun’s assistant suddenly jerked herself in front of the door, worried over those wild sounds in the office.

It was chaos.

“Just give me that Hyejeong file, can’t you??!!-”

“-AND STOP DISSING… THAT'S TOO MUCH!!”

“NEVER.” Seolhyun automatically threw the file onto the top of a locker in her office.

Heh… You can’t reach that…

*smirk

“You mean Shin Hyejeong, Ms. Kim’s learner? Don't you have your own copy, Ms. Shin??”

Seolhyun’s jaw dropped in amusement.

Dear assistant…why didn't you just SHUT your mouth?? I’m trying my best to save my reputation here…GOD

Both of Seolhyun and Jimin ran with all possible haste to Jimin’s table, banging Seolhyun’s office door aside.

Seolhyun threw away some files on Jimin’s table in search for Hyejeong’s file, and so did Jimin. Choosing to dig into the highest piling files first, Seolhyun found it. Jimin who saw Seolhyun cheering up swiftly seize the file. She succeeded.

“You are just too WEAK, Seolhyun.” Jimin smiling like she just won a million dollar. She slowly moved to the back while still facing Seolhyun to beware of her next attacking moves.

But Seolhyun just stay static there. She even gave Jimin some eye signals but Jimin barely understand.

“Seolhyun, you can’t fool me with that face~~”

“I’ll be calling her righ-“ Jimin stopped as she felt as if she bumped into a hard thing in front of her when she turned around.

Jonghoon snatched the file in her hand and tapped his feet. And he didn't look okay. AT ALL.

“H-hi, b-boss..”

“BOTH OF YOU IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW!!”

“Yes boss.” Jimin and Seolhyun replied in unison.

 

***

 

“I can’t believe I have to finish the staffs’ works…”

At least these aren’t as much as what Jimin unnie has to receive.

“Serve her right…” Seolhyun chuckled and walked to her seat.

“Ah, I’m hungry. Let’s eat first.”

While eating, she couldn't stop looking at Hyejeong’s contact in her phone. She named her ‘HyeDumb’ instead of her real name because she thought suited her better.

“Dumb Hyejeong.” Seolhyun muttered her name and make a pissed look with her face.

Because of you, I got EXTRA WORKS today.

Guardian… Guardian… Hhhmm..

I’ll try to give any help and whatever necessaries you need...

For now, … does she need anything??

She threw a look back at her phone.

 

At Hyejeong’s House

 

While washing her hand, Hyejeong looked at the brown colour of the sleeves around her arms which. She noticed that she had not taken the trench coat off for all this while.

“Aaah, I am too hurried to eat.” Hyejeong chuckled at the thought of her hungry zombie self.

She dried her hands and headed to the living room. She finally took off the coat there.

“Did I make it dirty?” Hyejeong checked every part of the coat and gave it a sniff.

This is not my scent…it is Seolhyun’s … You smell so nice…

Hyejeong just smiled looking at the coat.

I’ll wash it later.

TUT TUT… TUT TUT

“Who’s calling?” With a speed of light, Hyejeong took out her phone and looked at the lock screen.

“Uh? Should I answer?? It is an unknown number…”

“OMO…What if this is the new style of scam??” Hyejeong rejected the call without delaying.

Right after that, the same number called her again.

“YAH… ARE THESE SCAMMERS REALLY COMING FOR MY MONEY??!!” Hyejeong rejected again.

 

Back to Seolhyun

 

‘The number you have dialed couldn't be reached.’

“IM GOING CRAZY… YAH..HYEDUMB.” Seolhyun dialed Hyejeong numbers again.

“WHY IN THE WORLD YOU REJECT MY CALL, HUH?? HOW DARE YOU.”

“Do you know that it is VERY HARD to get a number from a goddess like me??” Seolhyun didn't care. She just spammed that number like crazy with her left hand while her right hand kept on stuffing food to .

 

Back at Hyejeong

 

After rejecting two calls, she silenced her phone because its very disturbing. Hyejeong watched the notifications in her phone again after 5 minutes and surprised to saw 25 incoming calls from the very same number.

“O…KAY… I think this person is real.”

Once she received a call again, she quickly answered it.

“Hello? Who is this?”

“This is my number.” Only that one phrase and the line went dead just like that.

TUUUUUUUUT…

“WHAT?? WHO IS THAT??” Hyejeong was really pissed but also curious about this mysterious caller.

“You call me that much just to say ‘THIS IS MY NUMBER’??”

“Wait… it sounds really ..I MEAN REALLY FAMILIAR…”

Because the voice sounded in such a low and soft tone, it reminded of the whispers she always heard lately.

Sound much like Seolhyun’s voice… her soft voice…

“Kim Seolhyun?” Hyejeong was sure its her but she didn't want to directly jump into conclusion, so she decided to message her.

 

-Message Box-

 

Hyejeong: Kim Seolhyun?

Seolhyun: Pabo

A silly grin appeared on Seolhyun’s face because she didn't expect that Hyejeong could recognise her voice right away.

Hyejeong: KJASHDASDJHJSD

Yah! I don't need your number!!

Hyejeong was displeased that Seolhyun still called her idiot.

Seolhyun: Really? So please just throw it away.

“Ouh…. This kid is really…..” Hyejeong closed her phone and moved to her bedroom.

Crashing her body on the comforting bed, she wanted herself to indulge in the soft, cottony duvet but her mind was too crowded, thinking of today.

Seolhyun character is really confusing… At times she is really soft, tender, overflow with cuteness and very nice…. I ….

“Nah…” Hyejeong shook her head while smiling.

But, she is usually the rude one. BASTARD. OUH…Suddenly my mind is painful thinking of how bad she is…

“But I still want to thank her for being a supportive kid. Heh, friend?”

Kid suits her.

“Whoever she is… Kim Seolhyun.” Hyejeong pronounced that name in utter disgust. Hyejeong looked back at the message box that they shared and reread.

Hyejeong sighed.

 

At Seolhyun’s House

 

“Today is very tiring.” Seolhyun acted as if she was crying while getting out of the car.

Her hand started to loosen the tie on her collar but stopped when she suddenly heard meowing sound of a cat.

“Uh?” Seolhyun looked around the garage to search for the source of that sound.

“Reumi-yah….” Seolhyun realized that the cat was just under her when she felt something rubbing her legs, so she took the cat and brought it inside.

“Uh? Did your mom let you out? And you left Bami? You brat…” Seolhyun giggled and snuggled her face in Reumi’s body.

MEOW MEOW

“……”

“Are you telling me that you left the house to meet me??”

MEOW MEOW MEOW

“AWWW I’m crying right now… I know you would fall for me since the day I kidnap you.” Seolhyun laughed out loud and placed Reumi on the couch.

Chanmi … this cat is about to be mine…. Puahahahaha. Bami is next.

Wait.. I kidnap Hyejeong today… will she fall for m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter