My Responsibility

Hurt Or Heal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry Mina I am so…..” Hyejeong gave a questioning look to that ‘Mina’ in front of her.

“Oh, good that you’re ready..I don’t have to wait much longer.” Seolhyun looked upon Hyejeong from top to bottom.

WAIT..WHAT??

“GOD, you’re SO weird. I think you bump into the wrong house. I don't have anything to do with you.” Hyejeong slammed the door closed.

Seolhyun managed to held the door before it was locked and shot back to let it open.

“SEOLHYUN WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO??!!” Hyejeong couldn't stand the strong force exerted by Seolhyun, so she was pushed away too.

“I’m sorry but I have to do this.” Seolhyun muttered.

Because I know you will refuse.

Seolhyun swept Hyejeong and carried her in both of her arms.

“Urgghh!! Kim Seolhyun! Are you trying to kidnap me? Let me off!! And I haven’t even lock the door yet!” Hyejeong groaned in Seolhyun’s arms, trying her best to escape.

“Don’t lie to me. That door is auto locked. You want to run away, right?” Seolhyun answered in a relax tone and tightened her grip on Hyejeong.

“I-i…Noooo..” Hyejeong wanted to keep on escaping but Seolhyun already opened the front passenger door and placed her at the seat.

Seolhyun ran to the driver seat and quickly started the engine.

Hyejeong wanted to open the door but Seolhyun pressed the lock button in a swift.

“I’m in hurry and I have no choice.”

“NO CHOICE WHAT?? HELLO?? I’M THE VICTIM HERE..I HAVE A STUDY GROUP WITH MY FRIENDS! AND YOU SUDDENLY KIDNAP ME.” Hyejeong stared at Seolhyun’s eyes seeking for rational answer.

“Okay! I have a medical check-up. Jimin couldn't come with me. I …. want you to come with me.” Seolhyun immediately drove the car out to the main road.

“FOR GOD SAKE YOU’RE AN ADULT. Why do you still need someone to accompany you??!”

If its about your health, you should’ve just tell me..I would never refuse. Its my responsibility.

“Imscaredofdoctors.” Seolhyun sighed. She couldn't believe she had to say that which certainly will made Hyejeong looked down on her.

“Scared of doctors?? Pppffttt.” Hyejeong giggled because the Seolhyun she knew who always look cool actually afraid of doctors.

“Stop making fun of me!”

She’s cute when she laughes..

“Hhmm..You should’ve told me earlier.” Hyejeong just let Seolhyun took her away.

Hyejeong took out her phone and checked the incoming messages. Some of them were from Mina.

She wanted to reply but suddenly a call came in. It was Mina.

“Hello…” Hyejeong looked away to the window.

“HYEJEONG?? WHERE ARE YOU ??!!” Mina sounded angry.

“Ermm, sorry Mina. I suddenly have something important to do.” Hyejeong shot a sharp glare to Seolhyun but Seolhyun acted as if she didn't see that.

“Hhmmm…”

“I am really sorry. Both of you just continue the plan. Please tell Hyungsik that I’m sorry too.” Hyejeong pleaded.

“Okay, take care. Bye.”

“Bye.” Hyejeong ended the call.

They arrived at the hospital but the basement parking was full so Seolhyun had no choice but to park the car a little bit far at the open area.

“Let’s go.” Seolhyun opened the car door. She watched Hyejeong from far and sighed.

“Wear this.” Seolhyun took off her trench coat and handed it out to Hyejeong.

“Uh?” Hyejeong bewildered by Seolhyun action.

“You wear so less; your cough will attack again..”Hyejeong bluntly accepted the coat. “…and I don't want THAT COUGH TO INFECT ME. PLEASE, GROSS.” Seolhyun walked away and lead the way.

Hyejeong was about thank her for being so caring but not when she heard the second sentence.

“WHAT??!!”

“Hey! Hello?? I’m not sick! I DON'T NEED THIS COAT!!” Hyejeong ran over Seolhyun.

WTF! She made me feel precious and dumped in less than a minute.

“Take back your coat, JERK!!” Hyejeong throwed the coat back to Seolhyun.

Seolhyun stopped right away which made Hyejeong stopped too.

“Stop being stubborn, CAN’T YOU?” Seolhyun sounded angry. She then wore the trench coat on Hyejeong’s body.

You’re obviously freezing, fool.

“I DON’T WANT TO GET SICK, SO HELP PLEASE.”

“FINE!” Hyejeong didn't pushed Seolhyun back when the latter wore her the coat. She stayed static and watched at Seolhyun’s calm face.

Its been so long since I last see this expression on you..the last time was..

When you hugged me while sleeping..

NOPE..WTH WITH ME… SHE HATES ME SO MUCH, SO DO I.

 

***

 

Wow..this hospital she’s going..It’s a specialist hospital and one of the top one in Seoul. Seolhyun must’ve be quite rich to have her treatment here.

“There are so many people…” Seolhyun stopped herself right after they stepped into the main entrance. Hyejeong watched people around her; some were lining long at the counter, some were sitting at the bench. Its just a lot of them wandering at the main hall.

“Don’t disappear from my sight.” Seolhyun said to Hyejeong and grabbed her hand. She guided the way, finding space to escape from the crowded place.

Hyejeong was stunned by Seolhyun bold action.

Her hand is so warm…

As they entered the lift, Seolhyun let go of Hyejeong’s hand and pressed the level button.

 

***

 

“I have an appointment with Dr. Son Seungwan. Is she here?” Seolhyun asked the nurse at the counter as they arrived.

“Your name?”

“Kim Seolhyun.” The nurse typed her name in the computer.

“Identity card?” Seolhyun took out her purse and handed it out.

“Thank you. You can go straight to the room number 2 now along this corridor.” The nurse pointed out the first corridor near them.

“Thanks.”

TOK TOK !

“Come in.”

“Morning, doctor.” Seolhyun bowed and greet the doctor. Hyejeong bowed too, following her.

“Morning, sweet ladies.” The doctor gave them a smile.

“So, which one is Seolhyun and which one is Hyejeong?”

“Uh?” Hyejeong surprised when she heard her name was asked.

“I am just accomp-“ Seolhyun held Hyejeong’s hand to stop her from talking.

“I’m Seolhyun and she’s Hyejeong. Hyejeong, your patient.”

Hyejeong’s head turned 90 degrees facing Seolhyun and elbowed her.

“What??!!” Hyejeong whispered into Seolhyun’s ears.

“Please have a seat.” The doctor gestured them to sit.

Seolhyun just gave her a grin.

“Just follow this.” Seolhyun whispered back to Hyejeong’s left ear.

Dead..I’m totally not ready for anything like this..KIM SEOLHYUN!! IM NOT SICK ..WTF IS SHE THINKING??

“So, you called me directly last night Seolhyun. You’re quite lucky that you did that before I got back home.” The doctor smiled.

“Yup. Hehe. I’m sorry for the late and immediate booking.”

“Its okay. Let me start then. So Hyejeong, Seolhyun told me that you’ve been suffering phobia. She wants to help you to cure it but she didn't know a thing about your phobia.”

“Mind to tell me? About it?” Dr. Seungwan’s smiley face completely turned to Hyejeong now.

“Oh..my phobia…”

“I have a phobia….. of driving.” Hyejeong voiced out her answer in low tone. She didn't dare to look at anybody that time.

Seolhyun eyes almost popped out when she heard Hyejeong’s statement.

FOR REAL?? Hyejeong..

Seolhyun turned her face to Hyejeong. She was indeed shocked in disbelief.

This girl ..suffers phobia of driving…but still determine to drive.. I ..

She …

“Do you know how did you get this phobia from?”

Hyejeong felt as if she was thrown into the water, drowning, in need of oxygen, when she heard the question. She knew this kind of question will come out sooner or later. Its been so long since she last talked about this to anybody, so she didn't know where to start.

“I…get this…Its actually from..”

Seolhyun remained looking down at her pants, sometimes her eyes wandered through the room. But she was attentively listening.

“A car accident I guess…”

“16 years ago… I was 10 that time. Mom..” Hyejeong stopped. The word mom was too painful for her to utter.

“Mom and I, wanted to pick out my dad. Raining, that was what I remembered. It was fine, I was anticipating to meet my father a lot, excited, ….until a car.” Hyejeong heaved hard.

Seolhyun glanced at Hyejeong. Hyejeong’s eyes actually glistening, trying her best to hold the tears. Seolhyun seriously didn't know what to do.

Should I …pat her? Hold her? I…

“This car from the opposite direction drove... very fast, too fast that it lost balance and crashed with our car.”

“I thought both of us would die but here I am, …” Hyejeong grinned “..still living and kicking because my mom..” At the moment Hyejeong knew she couldn't continue her words anymore.

“I’m sorry. I need to use the toilet for a while.” Hyejeong ran off to the door and went out.

“Hyejeong-ah..” Seolhyun still stick at her place, confused whether to let Hyejeong alone or ran after her.

“Its okay, just go. Make her feel better.” Dr. Seungwan nodded.

Seolhyun immediately left her seat and ran after her.

Does that dummy even know where’s the toilet? Where is she?

In the middle of running to the counter, she suddenly heard someone sobbing at the back, so she turned.

Hyejeong was bawling her eyes out at the end of corridor, facing the window, and she didn't seem to stop either. Seolhyun came near.

“Hey…” Seolhyun grabbed one of Hyejeong’s hand, pulled her, and hugged her. Her hands, one on Hyejeong’s waist, and another one at her back, patting her gently.

“Its okay, just let it out, don't hold it.” Seolhyun whispered in Hyejeong’s ear.

Tssk Tssk Tsskk

Hyejeong cried more. Seolhyun puzzled with her feeling that time. She felt broken, hurt too, seeing Hyejeong tearing apart like that.

The memories are still painful for her. I’m sorry. I should’ve know better.

Hyejeong clung tight at Seolhyun’s waist, still sobbing. Being in Seolhyun’s embrace always made her feel safe, soften her heart and very calming. Its weird for Hyejeong but that's it. That kind of effect that she could never understand.

Just stay like this..as much as you need, Hyejeong..

“I’m sorry…” Hyejeong broke off her touch from Seolhyun after some times and bowed.

“Are you-“

“I drench your shirt , being such a bothersome..” Hyejeong wiped her tears “..and I ..hug …you.. I’m sorry. I shouldn't do that.” Hyejeong bowed again and went to the counter.

Toilet..maybe..

“Aishh.. And why is she apologizing...” Seolhyun muttered, watching Hyejeong went off from her sight.

 

***

 

“So doctor, may I ask you more?”

“Yup, you can. What is it?” Dr. Seungwan stopped from filling the papers and focused on Seolhyun’s question.

“I’ve read some articles about this phobia’s treatment. I mean other than therapy.”

“Is it true that things like self-help programme helps a lot?”

“Yes, of course. Things like proper eating, sleep, exercise and stuffs like that helps a lot in recovering. Why?”

“Nope, just for my assurance.” Seolhyun gave out her toothy smiles to the doctor. The doctor just laughed over Seolhyun’s cute reaction.

Hyejeong was right outside of the door when those interactions happened.

Did I miss something?

“You’re cute Seolhyun.” Hyejeong saw Dr. Seungwan giggling and complementing Seolhyun right after she opened the door. And she couldn't believe her eyes that time.

Hyejeong frowned over hearing the words ‘Seolhyun’ and ‘cute’ combined together.

Sorry? Cute? She should know that Seolhyun is equal to GARBAGE.

“Ehheemm..” Hyejeong barked to show those cheery people that she was there.

“Oh, Hyejeong. Have a seat.” Seolhyun just watched over Hyejeong’s facial expression especially her eyes, wanting to know if she’s totally fine.

Much better…

“I’m totally sorry about just now. I ..just..” Hyejeong feeling sorry toward the doctor because of her behaviour and sudden outburst in front of them.

“Nope, don’t. I understand. We’ll continue that later in your therapies.” Dr. Seungwan held Hyejeong’s hand, assuring her that its fine.

“Anyway Hyejeong..”

“Yes?”

“Lucky for you to have a very good friend here, she asked me a lot of questions…-”

Good? GOOD FRIEND?? Seriously doc…?? And a lot of questions? You mean charming questions to ask about you? Hmmmmmm…..

“Hihi, doctor, you shouldn't praise me tho.. Well doctor has such a good personality too…” Seolhyun was shy with such compliment.

Hyejeong felt pissed at that moment.

So are they flirting each other?? Like right now?? Can they please not HERE, not in front of me.. I’m suddenly sick …

“I’m not surprised with what kind of questions she asks you…” Hyejeong muttered in such a low voice while her eyes gave a glare to Seolhyun.

“Oh I’m sorry.. Did I address you wrong, Seolhyun? I should’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter