Intern - final epilogue

Intern

Doctor Lee Sungmin and soon-to-be Doctor Cho Kyuhyun often went everywhere together. They only have a month left for Kyuhyun's internship and they are not going to waste it. 

For the remaining time before his internship ended,  Kyuhyun has to spend more of his free time at the research lab to complete the data migration into the new system. However, whichever little time he could spare, he would spent it with Sungmin. Just before his internship ended, he told Sungmin that he has decided to join the Medical Research as his main work in the afternoons and has also opted to help at the emergency wards to attend emergency cases in the mornings. 

He has since started working at the Medical Research Centre after his internship was over. Though he was busy, especially in the mornings when he became resident doctor at the emergency ward, Kyuhyun would still make time to lunch with Sungmin whenever Sungmin has normal weekday schedule, and after his Medical Research work were done in the afternoons, he would meet up with Sungmin again either to dine out or eat Sungmin's home cook meals.

Through his medical research work, Dr Kyuhyun has came up with a remedy for cardiac arrest. Instead of inserting sten via angiogram, or going through a bypass operation, now cardiac arrest patients have the option of taking this medication which lessen the blockage at arteries. Kyuhyun came up with mixing garlic with honey and black seed oil, with blood thinning component, to come up with these tablet pills. 

He had a very successful testing on 3 of Sungmin's cardiac patients, where one of them who didn't want to go through a bypass, opted for this remedy, and now the patient could do brisk walking without breathlessness, another patient could resume his badminton game without any cardiac attack, and the third patient could run on treadmill eventhough not long  distance, which previously he could not even run a mile!. The cardiologist were impressed, and once Korean Health Association approved this remedy, they started recommending this new remedy to their patients and before long, other hospitals also started ordering these tablets. 

Doctor Kim Youngwoon were more than happy that his Medical Centre found this breakthrough and was very proud of Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun was indeed a gem that he has found amidst all top medical students. And another thing that he was happy about was that he found out about Kyuhyun's relationship with Sungmin. No wonder Kyuhyun insisted to be Sungmin's intern! That brat! He has been eyeying Sungmin all those time he was here as a student going through the computerisation upgrading! 

Personally, Dr Kim likes both of them. Dr Sungmin is hardworking and well mannered and never gave him any problems. Of course Dr Kyuhyun is his favourite. He could never thank his lucky stars for finding Kyuhyun. And now he knew Kyuhyun would stay in his Medical Centre because of Sungmin. 

Other than Medical Research, Dr Kyuhyun is also an excellent doctor and excel in emergency cases. Most of the time he knew the actual cause of the injuries by asking relevant questions and examined the areas of injury and treated the patients with correct analysis and prescription. As a result, patients did not have to wait very long to be treated. 

Other than the breakthrough in cardiac remedies, Dr Kyuhyun was also working on new ways to reduce cholesterol. Sungmin was happy about it and didn't mind trying if Kyuhyun need to do a trial because  he told Kyuhyun that he has put on weight but Kyuhyun said he love the chubbier Sungmin because Sungmin looks cuter, and got smacked in the chest instead. 

They had bought an apartment near the hospital and stayed together for a few months now. They treasured every moments they could spent time together and felt blissful whenever they could apply leave together to go for a short break. When Kyuhyun has to attend a conference on Medical Research in Beijing for a week, Sungmin missed him terribly and vowed to go with Kyuhyun whenever he has to attend overseas conference. 

Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun has many suitors, being young and handsome, and a top medical research scientist too. He felt that he would lose out anytime, him being older that Kyuhyun, shorter and not as talented as Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun was very faithful, often assured Sungmin that there was only him in his heart and that he would never have interest in anybody else except Sungmin.  

There was once an exchange doctor from Beijing Hospital, Dr Zhou Mi, from Wuhan, China, who was so interested in Kyuhyun that he would wait for Kyuhyun and attempted to talk to Kyuhyun whenever he got the chance. He was bold enough to interrupt Kyuhyun's and Sungmin's lunch, just to sit opposite Kyuhyun. Sungmin tried not to be pissed off as he respected the Chinese doctor, but he would intervene if matters got out of hand. Kyuhyun has been declining politely all Dr Zhou Mi's advances and invitation for a date, and Sungmin has been patiently keeping a low profile so that he would not lash out to the Chinese doctor, in case he could not stop himself. 

However, one evening after his duty, Sungmin was walking towards the Medical Research Centre to wait for Kyuhyun, suddenly Dr Zhou Mi appeared with a gift. Sungmin said hi, and went inside the Research Centre. Good thing was, Dr Zhou Mi has no clearance to enter the Centre, so he has to wait outside. Once he found Kyuhyun who was packing his bag, he told Kyuhyun that his not-so-secret-admirer was waiting for him outside and gave Kyuhyun a super pissed off face. Kyuhyun knew that Sungmin's patience has reached his limit, so he gave Sungmin a quick peck, and intertwined their hands and walked out from the Centre. Once they exit the Centre, in front of Dr Zhou Mi who was alone at that moment, Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin and kissed him. And then walked off with hand still intertwined with Sungmin's.

Dr Zhou Mi's jaw dropped and with utter disbelieve, he threw the gift into the waste bin nearby.  He didn't turned up for his duty the next day, and Sungmin heard that Dr Zhou Mi has requested to return back to Beijing. Sungmin felt guilty but what the heck, that Chinese doctor was the one at fault! Who asked him to try to snatch someone else's boyfriend! 

On their anniversary of their relationship, Kyuhyun gave Sungmin a silver ring, with his  name engraved on it, and he showed Sungmin his own ring, with Sungmin's name engraved on it. Sungmin was so happy that he cried due to happiness. He knew now that Kyuhyun truly loved him and really serious about their relationship. 

Over a glass of wine, Kyuhyun told Sungmin "Min, I love you and I will always love you, and I want to stay besides you forever till we grow old.  So will you be mine forever and stay besides me forever too?" 

With tears in his eyes, Sungmin said "I love you too, Kyu, and I am always yours. I will always love you and stay besides you forever till eternity". 

5 years has passed and Sungmin still felt thankful that Kyuhyun came into his life as his intern and at the same time brought joy and never-ending happiness into his life. He loved Kyuhyun with all his heart and their families even acknowledged their relationship and gave their blessings.