Chapter 9

The Secret Door

     Let’s get inside first. You need to rest.”

 

As soon as the two elders entered the house, Mina forcefully dragged Momo with her as the latter was about to join the elders. Momo almost yelped by Mina action. Who’s not when you were suddenly being dragged by the collar from behind?

 

Mina released her grip on Momo’s collar and continuously giving her death glare at the blonde. Momo smirked. Now she knew that Mina was really pissed off, why not she torture more? Hehehe…

 

“You lied to me,” hissed Mina. Momo really wanted to laugh at her face because she looks so cute while angry. But to keep her plan goes on, she remained her resting b*tch face. Well, she’s totally succeed because she heard Mina cursed under her breath.

 

“Do you enjoy that much bullying me?” Mina asked, still pissed off by Momo. Momo just shrugged. “It’s called teasing, not bullying.” Momo replied leisurely. She then leaned in closer to Mina’s face.

 

“Don’t frown too much, dear. It’s ruining your pretty face.” Momo smiled teasingly as she touched Mina’s nose. Mina’s cheeks flushed with bright red immediately. Momo who enjoyed teasing Mina finally walked away, leaving Mina stood there awkwardly.

 

Mina almost fall for Momo’s tease. Luckily, she get a grip and remained compose until Momo disappeared from her sight. She sighed in relief as she rub her chest, where her heart beating fastly.

 

“What was that?”

 

#

 

Dragging the luggages with her (because Momo just left her like that), Mina entered the house. Momo was out of her sight, so Mina just awkwardly standing at the entrance. Mostly because she don’t know where to go.

 

Luckily, there was obaa-san who saw her and guide her to the room. Well, Mina was glad that at least obaa-san was kind to her, not like that certain stup—oops sorry— blonde who only knows how to annoy people.

 

And there Mina was, entered a room which obaa-san exclaimed as Momo’s room since she was a child. Obaa-san also told her that Momo used to live with them since she was 5 years-old up to 10.

 

She said that Mina should not worry because although Momo is naughty since child, it’s because she was lonely. She did naughty act because she wanted attention. That’s why they got teased by Momo almost everyday during her stay years ago.

 

Since the house was old style Japanese house, Mina was amazed by the original vibe she felt. Yes, she’s a Japanese but she didn’t get to live in this kind of house. Her grandparents weren’t here anymore and to mention again that she only had her father. So, we can say that Mina is a country girl.

 

Entering Momo’s room, obaa-san then left them alone as they need time to unpack their things. Now that the fact that Mina was alone with Momo in a not so big room, made her felt nervous all of sudden. Plus, that thing that happen at the house frontyard earlier. Remembering that made Mina blushed again.

 

“Why are you standing there feeling all giddy?” Momo’s voice then snapped Mina back to the reality.

 

“W-Wha—I-I’m not!” Mina stuttered. Oh, why the heck she embarrased herself in front of Momo?!

 

Mina saw that Momo walked towards her and leaned in. Mina wanted to back out so much but she didn’t know why she just stood there. She heard that the sliding door behind her being closed. Momo face then appeared just a few inches from her. Mina’s eyes widen.

 

“Now that we’re alone… can we do what a marriage couple suppose to do?” Momo said in such seductive voice. Mina felt her palm became sweaty because Momo inched forward making their nose almost touch. Momo smirked.

 

“W-What are y-you doing?” Mina leaned back but stop when she felt her back against the bamboo sliding door. Momo took this opportunity to put her hand just beside Mina’s head. Mina closed her eyes, not dare to watch what Momo gonna do.

 

Mina then heard a soft breath near her ear, so close that she can felt the warmness on her skin. Momo must be so close to her. Soon after that, she felt something brushed against her neck. Mina opened her eyes slightly and saw it was Momo’s nose that brushing her neck.

 

Momo had her eyes closed. She also don’t know what happen to herself. Being in this close proximity to the person she never hold made her inner self coming out unconciously. Her lips inched closer to Mina’s neck, breathe tickling in teasing the latter. Mina also felt different.

 

She felt a soft peck on her neck, made her body shuddered under Momo’s hold.

 

Momo realised her did and quickly pushed herself off Mina. She had her eyes opened wide, still cannot process the thing she did to Mina. Why the hell she kiss Mina’s neck all of sudden? They are not even close!

 

Both of them could feel their blood gushing to their face. The awkward atmosphere now engulfed the room. Momo get a grip and quickly dashed off from the room, leaving Mina dropping her body on the floor.

 

Truthfully, Momo didn’t mean to do that. At first, she just thought to tease the girl again after seeing her reaction earlier—looking pissed off. Momo thought it would be fun to see her reaction again but didn’t know it would end up like that.

 

Momo leaned her back against the wall. Suddenly, obaa-san came out of nowhere. “Momo-chan? Why are you standing here?”

 

“Ah, obaa-san!”

 

“Why are you looking flustered?”

 

Momo brought her hand to her face. “Am I?” She asked. “It must be because of the heat.” Obaa-san smiled.

 

“Then, you should take a bath now. I already prepared it for both of you. Tell your wife too.” Obaa-san said and walked away to the kitchen. Momo heaved a sigh as she swiped her hair. With much strength, she walked back into the room.

 

The moment she opened the door, she saw Mina was unpacking her things. Momo felt nervous as she cleared . “Ehem,”

 

Mina looked back and saw Momo by the door. The same red tint flushed to her cheeks once again. She quickly turned her focus back to her luggage.

 

“M-Mina, the bath is ready. You can go first if you want.” Momo spoke.

 

“Hmm,” Mina replied. She took her towel and stood up. “Where’s the bathroom?”

 

“I will show you. Follow me.” Momo said and walked away. Since the bathroom placed at the back of the house, Momo had to guide Mina. Well, it’s somehow awkward.

 

Pushing the door open, Momo stepped aside as she gave Mina a way for her to enter the bathroom. Mina was about to close the door when she saw Momo was still standing there. “Erm, Momo?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Aren’t you going?”

 

Momo rubbed her nape awkwardly. “Ah, y-yes. I-I’m going.” She quickly rushed away.

 

Mina giggled.

 

#

 

Chaeyoung was fidgeting with her phone while waiting for certain someone. She’s at a country-side café. Since the call she received the other day, she couldn’t help but to feel anxious.

 

Almost 5 minutes later, Chaeyoung heard her name being called by a voice that she never heard since 2 years ago. She hope she was mistaken, but a certain brunette approached her table, made all her anxiety broke down. Chaeyoung stood up.

 

“U-Unnie?” She said. “Is this…r-really you?”

 

“Yes, Chaeyoung-ah. I’m back.”

 

#

 

10 minutes turned to 15 minutes. No words exchange from both of them. The younger one seems like she still can’t believe her eyes. This person in front of her was dead. That’s what she remember.

 

“H-How—“ Chaeyoung started. “No—they said you’re dead. Also—“

 

“No, Chaeyoung-ah. You can see me here. I’m not dead.”

 

But Chaeyoung still couldn’t understand. Too much riddles in her mind. A lot pieces of puzzles need to put together so she can look at it as a whole picture.

 

“The day I left, was the day I flew to US. I got a good treatment by the best doctor in US. I’m all good now.” The person explained. “I come back to claim what is mine.”

 

Chaeyoung frowned. “But Momo unnie has married.”

 

The person smiled.

 

“But Momo don’t love her, right?” She spoke. “Chaeyoung-ah, you’ve to help me.”

 

#

 

Back to Japan, now, the Hirai family plus Mina were having dinner. Well, the dinner was suppose to be warm and nice, but the two of them were not in a term to speak comfortably. It’s none other than Momo and Mina.

 

It was so obvious though. Obaa-san kept nudging her husband while signaling the cold awkward atmosphere between the still newly-wed couple. Ojii-san now get what his wife trying to say.

 

“Momo-chan, you don’t have anything to do tomorrow, right?” Ojii-san broke the silence. Momo looked up to him with confused.

 

“No, why?”

 

“No, I thought that maybe, you could follow me to the grape field.” Ojii-san explained. Momo smiled as soon as she heard the word ‘grape’.

 

“Grape field?” Her eyes widen in excitement. “Of course I will! It has been a long time since I came there.”

 

“Well, you could bring Mina along.”

 

Mina looked up upon she heard her name being mention. Momo stopped her hand in mid-air.

 

“W-Why I need—“

 

“Ei, she’s your wife. Also, I want to show her our grape field.” Ojii-san cut off. “Do you like grapes, Mina-chan?”

 

Mina just nodded.

 

“Then, it’s decided. You two will come with me tomorrow!”

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, my special readers!

     Honestly, I'm sorry for the late and short update. Also, sadly to inform, I can't update as much as before. Just so you know, I always update one chapter a day but because of some problems, I had to lessen it a bit. my laptop have some kind of trouble and the draft was lost. It's hard now to update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I hope all my readers can wait and forgive me.

Also, I promise you a special 'gift' in the upcoming chapters!

Until then, this is from your author, sinbnim_

P/S: I wish I can go to TWICELAND in Singapore. I'm like TT, just like TT~