Chapter 12

The Secret Door

I promised you guys an update, so here it is. Hope you guys like it ^^

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Japan.

 

The next morning came as fast as you can sneeze (A/N: Okay, that’s exaggerating). Surprisingly, Momo woke up earlier than Mina. She did a little bit stretching and somehow caught a sight of sleeping Mina at the other side of the pillow.

 

The latter was facing to her direction but some strands of her hair was covering her face and made Momo frowned. Momo leaned forward and was about to slide the latter’s hair behind the ear before stopping her hand in the mid-air.

 

Momo thought she was crazy for a while. A smile crept up on her lips and Momo resumed her doing earlier. Now, Momo can stare at Mina’s sleeping face. Phew, what a luck that Mina didn’t open her eyes.

 

Cute.

 

Momo found her smile getting wider and her hand now was brought to Mina’s cheek. Her fingers were tracing along the smooth skin of the latter and her thumb slightly touched Mina’s lips. Momo stopped.

 

As Mina stirred at the touch, Momo quickly retreated her hand away and acted like nothing happen when Mina finally woke up. She sat groggily and rub her eyes, which Momo caught side-eyeing her and cursed at the cute sight.

 

“What time is it?” Mina asked. Oh, sh*t. Her husky voice caught Momo off guard. Momo looked away to find her phone.

 

“Almost 8 am.” Momo answered. She got up and fold her blanket while Mina was still drowsy after waking up. Momo suddenly remembered that they gonna have a ‘date’ today. Momo reached for her towel and remind the latter before going to bath.

 

Soon, Momo finished bath and Mina went for hers. Yeah, only after being scolded by Momo for sleeping again. While Mina went out for bath, Momo got dress up.

 

It’s summer, so Momo got herself into a pair of white denim shorts, along with a light blue denim shirt that she purposely rolled up the sleeves up to her elbow. The front part was tucked in the shorts. She also didn’t forget her white G-Shock watch that she wore on her left hand as her daily necessaries. A shining black bag pack was hanging behind her to complete her casual look.

 

And so, Momo walked towards the kitchen to greet her grand parents. Obaa-san was busied herself preparing their breakfast and smiled when she saw Momo came forward with her outfit.

 

“Aww, my grand daughter looks so great today. Going out?” Obaa-san asked as she arranged the plate on the table. Ojii-san put down his newspaper and let out a smile.

 

“Yes. I’m bringing Mina along to visit the town.” Momo said. She plopped herself besided the grinning old man.

 

“Oh my, my grand daughter is going for a date.” Ojii-san teased. Momo pouted though her cheeks was flushing bright red due to the embarrassment. Soon after that, they chat while waiting for Mina for eating the breakfast together.

 

“Sorry for keep waiting.” Mina said as she walked towards the table. She was dressed prettily that made Momo’s jaw dropped for a moment.

 

Mina was wearing an off-shoulder white blouse which exposed her alluring collarbone. She’s also wearing a deep blue short skirt to keep the fresh look during summer. Mina decided not to bring a handbag but held a clutch instead. A pink coloured clutch with three buttons on top of it to complete her matured look.

 

Oh my, Momo almost drooling at the pretty sight in front of her.

 

Mina pulled a chair beside Momo and ignoring the stare that obviously coming from the latter. She had noticed that Momo had landed her eyes on her since the time she joined the family. Reaching for the plate, Mina hid the blush that started to appear on her cheek.

 

“Mina is so pretty today.” Obaa-san said with a smile as she sat in front of the girl. Soon, they started eating their breakfast in silence until ojii-san spoke up.

 

“How sweet both of you. Even wear the couple look.” Ojii-san with a hint to tease Momo, since he noticed that Momo couldn’t stop stealing glance over her wife. “We didn’t even plan, ojii-san. Stop exaggerating.” Momo replied.

 

“That’s prove that you guys are soulmates.” Obaa-san said. Momo no longer know how to reply and just continue to finish her breakfast. Not long after that, they bid their good bye to the old couple before heading out.

 

The two stood awkwardly in front of the gate, waiting for taxi. The sun was scorching hot today, and Momo was sweating frantically. Soon, the taxi that they were waiting for a while now came, and both of them sat at the back seat.

 

Momo told the taxi driver their destination while Mina silently watched the latter as she adjusted herself on the seat. Momo leaned back on the seat and they engulfed in awkward silent. Mina was uncomfortable and decided to break the silence.

 

“Where are we going?” Mina asked. Momo snapped her head towards Mina but oops—wrong move. Mina’s eyes was staring directly into hers and made Momo nervous all of sudden. How Momo wish she didn’t stutter.

 

“Somewhere.” Good job, Momo.

 

Mina narrowed her eyes at Momo and crossed her arms. “You’re sure annoying.” Mina mumbled and decided to throw her gaze outside the window. Ah, looking at the trees are better than talking to an annoying creature beside her.

 

#

 

“Where is this?” Mina asked for the third time already since they arrived their destination. Momo was slowly getting on Mina’s nerves as she didn’t answer all her questions but kept walking ahead of the girl.

 

Mina was annoyed and rushed over to catch up with Momo’s pace. “Hey, I’m talk—“

 

“Do you like horse?” Momo suddenly asked.

 

“Pardon?”

 

Momo smirked as she saw Mina’s reaction to her question. With both hands held behind her back, she leaned her face close towards Mina. Mina’s head leaned back in respond and eventually blush a little with the small gap between their faces. Momo’s smirk even getting scarier to her.

 

This is not good.

 

“We’re gonna do horse riding.” Momo said as she leaned back her head, and her feets shuffling towards the building, leaving Mina standing dumb-foundly.

 

#

 

Momo chuckled silently as she eyed the other girl who wore an unreadable expression on her face. Earlier, Mina was trying to persuade Momo to do other activities other than this. But who could convince the naughty Momo, moreover when she knew that Mina was scared to try horse riding.

 

Apparently, Momo dragged Mina along to the counter and paid the fees for two people and using the excuse to persuade Mina. “The fees were paid.” Momo said. Mina couldn’t back out now, knowing that Momo was literally forcing her.

 

Momo walked towards Mina who was leaning against the rail, hands crossing up to her chest with a cute pout. She stood besides Mina and laughed. Mina turned and glared at Momo who seems don’t want to stop laughing in any minutes.

 

“Oh my, you should look at your own face!” Momo said and bursted into laughter again. Mina gave up and resulting herself to pout again. Momo noticed that and stopped immediately.

 

“Come on, horse riding is not that bad.” Momo said. She stretched out her hand for Mina. “Let’s go. I can hear the horse calling your name.”

 

Mina glared at Momo. She looked to Momo’s awaiting hand and swatted it away. She stucked her tongue out and walked pass Momo.

 

“Ouch, that’s hurt.”

 

#

 

Momo had succeed to ride on the horse’s back and now watching over towards Mina who still struggling on the step-up. Momo had tried horse riding before, that’s why she is familiar with all the matter related to horses.

 

Momo head towards Mina as she saw the girl was lying on her touched the ground. Ouch, that’s must be hurt. “Are you okay?” Momo asked the falling girl. Mina got up and glared towards Momo. Again.

 

Momo wanted to jump off the horse and helped Mina but a male instructor beat him to it. Momo bit the inside of her cheek, scoffing when she saw that Mina gladly receiving his hand with a shy smile. Tch, what a bipolar.

 

With slight disturbing feeling, Momo gave one last glance at Mina and walked away with the horse she’s riding.

 

Truthfully, Momo was reluctant to go but she didn’t want to stay and saw all the touchy moments that Mina and the male instructor shared. From the conner of her eyes, she could saw that the latter was helping Mina to get on the horse, all smiling.

 

Momo wish she could kill someone today.

 

However, Momo pulled the string that attached to the horse, signalling it to move forward. Momo had finished the first round of the field and now returning to the starting spot where Mina was still struggling over. Momo hop off and walked to the oblivious people.

 

“I just finished my first round and you’re still here?” Momo said, rather sarcastically. Mina glared at Momo.

 

“Shut up.”

 

Mina replied without looking at Momo and continue to listen to the instructor. Her sorrow face quickly change to a happy one once she’s talking to the latter. Momo was annoyed by that. Since then, Momo decided to just watch from quite a distance.

 

Momo’s lips curved upward as she saw Mina finally understood how the things work. Mina’s horse started to walk forward slowly, and Momo was proud(?) of her. She walked back to get on her horse and join Mina, not until she heard a scream.

 

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!”

 

Momo turned and the horror sight greeted her. Mina’s horse suddenly went crazy and started to run on every direction. Mina was holding tight on the string she held for a while now, afraid to fall. Momo had the most terrified face on and she started to chase Mina’s horse by her feet without thinking.

 

She didn’t even remember the safety rules. All she care was Mina, Mina, Mina…

 

Mina’s scream getting louder every time, and Momo was worried enough to increasing her speed. A few meters more… Mina almost had her tears down at the moment went she saw Momo running towards her with the conner of her eyes.

 

This is crazy. Momo might be hit by the horse if she continue to chase her like that. Although she was terrified by the moment, but seeing Momo like that made her wish them to be save. Mina squeezed her eyes tight and suddenly felt a tug on her legs.

 

Momo was reaching for her and pulled her off the crazy horse with all her strength and both landed on the hard ground… or not. Mina opened her eyes and found Momo lying under her with her hand securely wrapped around her waist.

 

“Are you okay?” Momo asked with a slight groan escaped . Her back was hurting. Mina rolled over and eyed Momo. Momo got up to sit and groaned again.

 

“Yah! Why are you running like that?! Don’t you know it’s dangerous?! This is why I—“

 

“Can you just be grateful that you’re save?” Momo cut. “Do you hurt anywhere?”

 

Mina sighed. “No.” Momo nodded and stood up, ready to walk away. Not until Mina saw the scratch on Momo’s left arm.

 

“Hey, your arm!” Mina stood up and chase after Momo. She grabbed Momo’s hand and the latter groaned at the harsh touch. Mina whispered a sorry and checked her arm. “You’re bleeding.” She said.

 

Momo acknowledged that and yanked her hand away from Mina. Just then, the male instructor and a few other staff came and asked about their condition.

 

“I’m okay but she’s…” Mina trailed off.

 

“I’m alright. Just a little scratch. No biggie.” Momo said and walked away. She stole a glance behind and saw that Mina was talking to the male instructor.

 

“Tch.”

 

Momo scoffed.

 

#

 

Seoul.

 

15 minutes have passed but there still no sign of a certain tall girl. Sana sighed as she checked her phone once again if there’s any message from the latter. Unfortunately, there’s not. Honestly, Tzuyu had promised to meet her at the park so that they could watch movie afterward before dinner.

 

But that Yoda isn’t here yet.

 

Sana unlocked her phone screen again when she heard a voice calling her name from afar.

 

“Sana unnie!”

 

Sana snapped her head towards the source of the voice and saw a glimpse of the person she wait the most, running towards her. Sana cracked up a small smile as the latter made herself sit beside her on the bench, catching up her breath.

 

“Oh my god, unnie. I’m so sorry. There’s a little prob—“ Tzuyu’s sentence stopped in the mid-air as she felt something soft touching her sweaty forehead. She turned and saw that it was Sana who was wiping her sweat with a tissue. She’s smiling.

 

“I thought you can’t make it.” Sana said, trashing the used tissue in the bin next to the bench they sat. Tzuyu looked down. “I miss you so much.” Sana launching forward to hug Tzuyu but Tzuyu flinched. Sana was taken aback.

 

“S-Sana unnie… We are…in public. So…”

 

Sana’s heart was hurting slightly but she wouldn’t show it. Sana covered it by a creating a small smile on her lips to make Tzuyu feel at ease. This is not the first time.

 

“Unnie, sorry. I don’t mean to—“

 

“It’s okay. I understand you.” Another smile. Fake. “Can we go now?”

 

Tzuyu smiled apologetically.

 

#

 

Sana had to endure this. She loves Tzuyu so much to the point that even can hear her voice is enough. Being beside her is a bonus. She knew the girl long enough but sometimes it’s too over.

 

Chou Tzuyu; a girl who don’t show her affectionate.

 

Sana loves Tzuyu so much, and also the other way around. All this time, it’s always Sana who initiate their skinship and all, but of course when it’s just the two of them. But Sana understand. She need to understand. Tzuyu had made it clear on the first day they became official that she didn’t do PDA a lot, and she didn’t feel comfortable around it.

 

Of course it became difficult for Sana, since she like to being clingy. All their friends knew that too. But Sana loves Tzuyu so much, to the point she didn’t care about it.

 

But they had dating for quite a while now, and never once they kissed. I mean, a proper kiss. Things that a lover should do. Nonetheless, Sana still being an understanding girlfriend.

 

Tzuyu only hug her when they are alone. Just hug, nothing more or less. Okay, maybe a kiss on the forehead. Trust me, Sana was beyond happy for a week. And she didn’t want to wash her forehead because she want to keep the feeling of Tzuyu’s lips lingering longer.

 

They didn’t hold hands on date. One day, they had a date in the amusement park. While they walking, their hands kept bumping onto each other and Sana felt the urge to just grab Tzuyu’s hand. She did, but failed to keep it longer. Tzuyu flinched and Sana mind to herself that she would never do it without Tzuyu’s consent.

 

The reason is always the same. Tzuyu didn’t feel comfortable to do it in public.

 

Her friends once confronted Sana about it—about how distance they look towards each other—but Sana gave them a shrug. She didn’t care, as long as Tzuyu loves her. Truthfully, their friends felt bad about it, they had witnessed how Tzuyu sometimes acted coldly with how Sana showed her affectionate. Nonetheless, Sana is being an understanding girlfriend.

 

And she will continue to be one.

 

#

 

Japan.

 

Momo was leaning against the seat with her eyes closed tightly. The scratch ain’t got any better as she still didn’t treat it. Momo didn’t think she can walk at least for now. She was damn tired and Mina isn’t helping.

 

Just when she thought she can finally be alone, she felt a sting on her scratch and something soft and wet touching her wound. Momo shot her eyes opened and saw Mina was applying the iodin with a cotton swab.

 

Momo smirked.

 

“Why are you here? Aren’t you happily talking with that instruc—OUCH! Yah, be careful!” Momo scolded when she felt that Mina was pressing the cotton harder on her wound. It’s damn hurt!

 

“Talk back and I will press harder.” Mina replied. Her tone flattened, and kinda make Momo shuddered all of sudden. What’s with this black aura around her? Momo sweae she saw some kind of devil behind Mina.

 

“However, your wound is not that serious.” Mina broke the silence. “You wanna go home now?”

 

Momo shook her head. “No, I promised you to bring you around here.”

 

“It’s change now. You’re hurting yourself.” Mina fought back.

 

“But I can walk. Come on, I’ll treat you something good for lunch. As a payback for dragging you here.” Momo said. Mina looked at Momo with unsure eyes, still didn’t convince about that.

 

“Fine, but keep your promise. I’m gonna order the most expensive meal.”

 

Momo smiled.

 

#

 

“Where are we?” Mina asked.

 

“Nishiki market. Believe me, they sell many things here including food.” Momo replied with a smile. She was the most excited one since they step inside the place. Mina could see Momo’s expression became brighter despite the scratch on her arm.

Image result for nishiki market

“Yah, Mina! Aren’t you coming?” Momo shouted. Mina then realised that Momo already ahead of her as she jumping excitedly like a kid. Mina saw the cute act Momo did and walked reluctantly towards the latter.

 

Momo was right though. The market was packed with many people. Nishiki market provides various of food stall and traditional Japanese cuisine. Momo kept dragging her from another stall to another while trying the food sample the vendors had provide for customers.

 

Mina watched as Momo tasted the sixth food sample since they entered the place. Momo ate with much delighted expression and even offered Mina some. Mina took some and shoved it into . Momo watched her as she wait for her respond.

 

“Delicious, right?” Momo asked, rather smiling widely. Mina nodded.

 

“Both of you make a great couple.” Said the old woman, the owner of the nut stall. She had been observing the two since earlier, and she can’t stop smiling looking at them. Mina and Momo’s cheek tinted with bright pink, blushing at the comment.

 

“You guys are so cute.” She said again. “Take this.” Momo received it and was about to give some bills but the old woman refused. “It’s okay. I’m giving you this since you both like it.”

 

“But…”

 

“Moreover, you guys remind me of my children. Come on, just take it.” The old woman said again and smiled. Seems like she can’t insist anymore. Momo and Mina said their gratitude and walked to the next store. Not after the old woman wished them happiness.

 

Momo and Mina walked side by side, looking for the next store. It’s lunch time. Mina didn’t forget Momo’s promise earlier. She nudged the girl beside her. “Hey, you said you wanna treat me lunch.”

 

Momo turned to face Mina. “But I just… did?” Mina frowned.

 

“When?”

 

Momo didn’t answer but her hand was lifting up the packet that the old woman gave earlier. She also had this expression that made you wanna punch her in the face right there and then.

 

“Are you kidding me?” Mina asked disbelievely.

 

Momo nodded.

 

“Yah!”

 

Momo’s lips curved into a smile and soon bursted into laughter. The people on the street started to look at them and Mina felt embarrassed. She hit Momo’s arm and hissed, “Stop laughing! People are looking!”

 

Momo quickly stopped and apologised to the people. She faced Mina and found the girl was hiding her face with her hand, probably still feel embarrassed. Momo smiled and pry her hand away from her face. “Hey, I’m kidding.” She said, still holding Mina’s hand.

 

“Excuse me,” A voice suddenly interrupt their little moment. Mina and Momo turned to face the person.

 

“I’m sorry for the interruption, but are you perhaps… Mrs. Hirai Momo, the young CEO of HR Ent?” The person asked in pure Hangul. Momo quickly acknowledged that the person is from Korea. Momo nodded anyway though she was still figuring what is going on.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. My name is Kim Heechul and I’m a PD from SBS.” The person introduced himself. “And this is my staff.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Heechul-ssi. What are you doing here by the way?” Momo asked, trying to be friendly. Mina just stay silent behind. Mina knew, this is another business talk and she didn’t wanna give a damn to it.

 

“Oh, my team are filming for our upcoming travelling program. It’s such an honour to meet you here.” Heechul replied. He looked behind Momo and saw Mina who kept silent since earlier. “I see, that’s your wife, right? Myoui Mina, right?”

 

Oh damn, how Mina wanted to curse for mentioning her name. “Yes, she is.” She heard Momo replied. Soon, she felt Momo standing beside her and side-hugging her waist, pulling her closer. Mina’s cheek tinted with bright pink and forced herself to smile to the PD.

 

“Nice to meet you.” Mina greeted and Heechul did the same.

 

“Oh, let me guess. You guys are going honeymoon?” Heechul asked. Damn, it got Momo’s tongue froze for a moment before she replied with a rather answer that made Mina widen her eyes.

 

“Well, we can say like that.” Momo smiled to Heechul.

 

Just then, a staff went to whisper at Heechul, making him crack a soft smile.

 

“Well, do you guys acknowledge that both of you are quite popular at Korea right now?” Heechul suddenly asked, making Momo frowned.

 

“We are?”

 

“Yes! The netizens keep talking about you guys in their SNS and it become a hot topic in South Korea now!” Heechul explained, rather excited. “Well, if you don’t mind… Can I ask for a favor?”

 

Momo lifted her eyebrow.