Chapter 18

The Secret Door

Previously...

“This is another side of you that I never know before.” Momo confessed. “A cutie.”

Mina looked at Momo and said,

“You said to guide you to my heart. I’m doing it now.”

Momo just smile.

“Alright.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

    The small event really had a big effect on the tough blonde. Momo can’t help but to skip all the way to her room with fluttery feelings lingered around just because of Mina. She went to bath just as she said, while Mina was watching TV in the living room.

 

Speaking of which, Mina was also left flustered on the couch. She can’t believe that she actually did that to Momo. The programme showed on the TV screen was left ignored while she lost in her thought. Just then, she heard the door being close and footsteps were coming towards her.

 

Momo just finished her bath and walked towards Mina with only sweatpants and white t-shirt, also with her damped hair and towel as an accessory on it. Mina frowned as Momo sat beside her on the couch.

 

“Why aren’t you drying your hair?” Mina asked. She was serious, but Momo paid no attention. She didn’t even have an idea that Mina disliked that attitude—not drying your hair after bath. Mina sighed.

 

“You might catch a cold, Momo.” Mina said out of annoyance.

 

“Uh-huh,” Momo replied shortly. She was totally immersed with the TV programme. Mina shook her head, slowly fed up with Momo. Momo turned her face and saw Mina was frowning while watching whatever played on the TV. Momo chuckled.

 

“Why are you frowning?”

 

“I’m upset. Don’t mind me.” Mina said. Her tone was cold, but Momo found it cute. Momo now paid full attention towards Mina.

 

“Wae?”

 

“I said don’t mind me.”

 

Momo chuckled. “Alright, Ms. Petty.” Mina groaned.

 

“Sorry, I’m too lazy to dry my hair.” Momo said and Mina finally turned to face Momo. “Would you do it for me?”

 

“Why me?”

 

“You want someone else to dry it for me?” Momo playfully grinned. Mina glared.

 

“Where’s the towel?”

 

Momo giggled at Mina’s sudden change of expresion. Mina took the towel on her hair and Momo turned her whole body to face Mina.

 

“Why are you facing this way?” Mina asked. She was nervous actually.

 

Momo smiled. “I want to look at you.”

 

That six words almost send Mina to heaven. She could feel her stomach were full of flying butterflies while seeing Momo’s charming smile. Mina shrugged it off and proceed with her job, to dry Momo’s hair.

 

They fell into silence. The programme was left ignored totally. Mina was trying her best to not minding the fact that Momo was watching her action every seconds. She can feel Momo’s stare got intense, and her heart was beating faster than before.

 

Momo was totally whipped with Mina’s beauty. Every parts of Mina was God’s touch, and it’s too beautiful for Momo to admire. Momo wished her heart doesn’t go weak. Mina’s face is really pretty, she’s unique from others. Her friends all are beautiful, what Mina was something else.

 

With her silky hair, a quite number of moles that Momo found it cute, her bridgy nose, her pearly eyes… and her parted lips. Momo unconsciously her own lips. Mina paid no attention. She was totally immersed with her job.

 

Then, when she found it’s hard to dry Momo’s hair that facing the other way, Mina knelt on the couch, so she could get a better access. Momo face was facing her waist. Slowly, Mina could felt a pair of slender arms wrapping around them, pulling it closer and Momo was snuggling on her waist.

 

“M-Momo, w-what are y-you doing?” Mina stuttered.

 

Momo didn’t answer and instead, she inhaled on Mina’s skin that was separated with her shirt. She shuddered at the feeling, almost grabbing on Momo’s hair. Momo pulled off her face from Mina’s waist, with her hands still placing on it. She pulled Mina down so their face would be at the same level.

 

Mina gripped on the towel tighter, as her heart was furiously beating. Their face was a few inches apart, and Momo’s hand is like an electricity conduct on her skin. Momo pulled her closer and Mina relently let herself being pulled. Their forehead was glued with each others.

 

Momo had this urge to just sealed her lips on Mina, but she was hesitated. Mina’s breath was hitched, because she was waiting the thing to happen. Momo’s hot breath were burning right on her skin and sending shivers to her whole body.

 

“Mina, can we…?”

 

With a slight nod, both of them closed their eyes and put their lips on each other. Momo’s hand was brought up to cup Mina’s cheek and caressed it softly as their lips moved on a same momentum. When the kiss get heated, Momo slid her fingers around Mina’s lock, pulling the girl closer.

 

Meanwhile Mina, she wrapped her arms around Momo’s neck, pulling the girl closer too, bringing her to a maximum attachment. She was blessed with fluttery feelings, as Momo not gonna leave her lips alone yet. And that goes, their second kiss.

 

When they were lacked of oxygen, Momo pulled off but Mina was leaning again to catch the lips again because she hadn’t had it enough. Momo put a hand on Mina’s shoulder and pushed her slightly to calm the younger girl. Their forehead were still glued on each other.

 

Momo breathed. Mina opened her eyes and let it sink in Momo’s dark orbs. Momo let a small smile.

 

“At this rate, I might fall for you already.” Momo confessed.

 

Mina smiled in reply. “If that’s the case, we must be soulmates. Because I felt the same.”

 

Momo pulled Mina again and crashed their lips together. There goes their third kiss.

 

#

 

Nayeon was pacing at the lobby when a security called for her name. “Nayeon-ssi!” Nayeon snapped her head at the source of voice before walking towards him with a smile. “Yes, ahjussi?”

 

“This letter came for you just now. I was about to send it to your apartment door but since I saw you here, I will just give it to you.” The man maybe in his mid-fifty said. He passed the brunette an envelope.

 

“Thank you, ahjussi. You should go back to your work.” Nayeon said.

 

“Alright then. See you later, Nayeon-ssi. Have a nice day!” Mr. Park replied. He then jogged back to his post.

 

Mr. Park is one of the securities that work at her apartment block. He is such a kind old man, and Nayeon treats him almost like her own father. The man too didn’t mind if Nayeon sometimes being childish or act like a young teen girl because she just remind him of his daughter whose married sometimes ago. Since her daughter married, she seldomly pay a visit to him. At least, Nayeon was there to keep the old man happy.

 

Nayeon walked toward her apartment unit with the envelope in her hand. After punching the passcode, Nayeon kicked off her heels and slumped herself on the comfy couch. “Ah, I’m so tired.”

 

She remembered the envelope and opened it content. There was a card in it. She read the content and her eyes widen in shock. She squealed loudly in happiness.

 

“Hey, you look so happy.”

 

A voice snapped at her and Nayeon’s smile couldn’t get any wider. “Jeongyeon-ah!” Nayeon jumped off the couch and ran to hug her girlfriend of 4 years. Jeongyeon wrapped her hands around the girl.

 

“Alright, alright. I get it that you miss me but please let me go first.” Jeongyeon said in difficulties. Nayeon pulled off and said sorry to the poor girl. Jeongyeon just shrugged it off and Nayeon dragged her to sit on the couch.

 

Nayeon took Jeongyeon’s bag and put it aside then hung the girl’s blazer. Jeongyeon had her tie loosen, and Nayeon always found this look was the most charming for her. Jeongyeon pecked Nayeon lips and said thank you.

 

No, it’s not that they’re living together. They just like to visit each other’s home frequently and sometimes sleep over. Jeongyeon had her clothes at Nayeon’s home while Nayeon also had her share in Jeongyeon’s home.

 

“By the way, what makes you so happy just now?” Jeongyeon asked. Nayeon’s smile widen and she started to squeal again.

 

“You remember my friend, Jisoo?” Jeongyeon nodded. Nayeon position herself before announced, “She’s getting married with Jennie next week!”

 

“Seriously? Jennie, my clubmate at the university?” Nayeon nodded eagerly. “Wow! I’m so happy with them! Ah, it have been a long time since we met them.” Jeongyeon said.

 

“I know right? We should go the the wedding next week. It’s on Sunday.” Nayeon said.

 

“Yeah, we should. I will clear my schedules.” Jeongyeon replied. Nayeon smiled and put the card back on the coffee table in front of them. She leaned back on the couch, snuggling closer towards Jeongyeon and resting her head on Jeongyeon’s chest.

 

“It’s look like they’re getting married first ahead of us. When are we?” Nayeon said.

 

“Nayeonie, we’ve talk about this, right?”

 

Nayeon sighed. “I know, but until when? Even Momo are married already.” Nayeon said again.

 

This is not the first time the topic has been brought up. Every time Nayeon talks about marriage, Jeongyeon always shrugged off the topic. She said she’s not ready for a commitment yet. She also spend her time on works more than Nayeon lately. It has been 4 years, and Nayeon want a development in their relationship.

 

“Momo is off the topic. She’s been forced.” Jeongyeon said.

 

“They had development. Momo is fixing whatever with Mina now.” Nayeon replied. Her hand was playing with Jeongyeon’s hem of shirt, tugging it. “Why we can’t get married yet, Jeongyeon? Tell me.”

 

Jeongyeon sighed. “I told you that I’m not ready. There’s many thing that I need to take care of.” She said.

 

Nayeon lifted her head and faced Jeongyeon. “What is it? Your family business? It is stable already.” Nayeon argued. “I can’t bear to wait another 4 years.”

 

Jeongyeon nodded. “I know but please… I’m not ready with… commitment.”

 

Nayeon rubbed the bridge of her nose in stress. This topic will affect their smooth relationship if she doesn’t stop. “Sometimes I wonder if you’re serious with me.”

 

“Nayeonie—“

 

“I see that this conversation won’t go anywhere the more I push it. Let’s talk later.” Nayeon pushed herself off Jeongyeon and stood up. “I will just take a shower.” With that, Nayeon entered her bedroom and left Jeongyeon with a guilt.

 

Jeongyeon realised that she’s at fault, so she wanted to apologise. She entered Nayeon’s bedroom, easily caught the silhoutte shadow in the bathroom. Jeongyeon went to open the door, but it was locked. Nayeon was sure mad at her. Usually, Nayeon would left the bathroom door unlock so Jeongyeon could join her anytime. But seeing this thing, Jeongyeon knew that Nayeon was seriously upset.

 

And later, when Nayeon finished taking her shower, Jeongyeon went for hers. By the time Jeongyeon finished, Nayeon was already slept. Looks like Nayeon don’t want to talk to her. She was facing the other direction, avoiding Jeongyeon on the bed.

 

Jeongyeon quickly wear her pyjama that she left at Nayeon’s house and climbed on the bed. She slipped herself under the duvet and stared at Nayeon’s backview. She sighed.

 

Jeongyeon inhaled deeply before went closer towards Nayeon. She felt Nayeon flinched, a sign that the girl still not asleep yet. She wrapped her hand over Nayeon’s waist and pulled her closer. She buried her face in Nayeon’s hair and inhaled her sweet scent.

 

“I’m sorry, babe.” Jeongyeon breathed on her neck skin, which sending the older girl a tingling feelings on her skin. “I’m so sorry.”

 

Nayeon was melting. Again, she lost to Jeongyeon. No matter how mad she was at the younger girl, her loves are bigger. Nayeon turned around and snuggled under Jeongyeon’s chin, on her chest. She hugged the girl tightly.

 

“Me too.” She whispered. “I’m sorry.”

 

Jeongyeon didn’t say anything after that and just kissed Nayeon’s crown instead. “Don’t doubt my love. I’m serious being with you. Just a little bit more.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise.”

 

Nayeon smiled on Jeongyeon’s chest. “Find that courage soon, Jeongyeon. I can’t wait forever.”

 

Jeongyeon hummed and they both fell into a sleep.

 

#

 

Today must be a bless day for Momo because she saw a beautiful face as soon as she opened her eyes. Mina was still asleep, right in her embrace. After their intense make out session last night, they ended up sleeping on the couch. Though it’s comfy for sitting, it’s totally not right to sleep on it especially for two people.

 

Momo removed a stray of Mina’s hair that covered part of her face. The latter looked so peaceful in sleep, regarding the position that there are in. Mina was sleeping at the end of the couch, but Momo was there to keep her closer by wrapping her arms around her. Just to make sure that she won’t fall off the couch.

 

The blonde spent about five minutes, staring at her wife while admiring her features all over again. Mina moved in her sleeping position, almost making her stumble off the couch only if Momo didn’t act fast enough to pull her again.

 

Mina opened her eyes slowly and met with Momo’s smiling face. It felt like a déjà vu right in Japan where they woke up beside each other on the same mattress after that eventful night. It just feel like yesterday that all the ruckus happen and now they’re mending their relationship.

 

“Morning, princess.” Momo greeted, and her smile grew wider after she saw a tint of pink blush on both Mina’s cheeks. “Why? Are you shy? We just kissed yesterday.” Momo teased.

 

Mina felt a rush of blood coming to her cheeks again and it becoming redder than before. She responded by hitting Momo on her shoulder and that made the woman groaned in pain.

 

“Ouch! My wife is a violent.” Momo said while rubbing the sore part. Mina sat up and Momo did the same.

 

“Serve you right!” Mina stuck out her tongue at Momo. Momo just laughed at the childish act and leaned in to tickle the girl.

 

“Yah! Momo! Hahahaha! Yah!” Mina said between laughes as she tried to pry away Momo’s hand from her body. She laughed all the time and Momo doesn’t want to stop tickling the latter.

 

“Momoring! Stop! Hahahahaha!” Momo who heard the new nick name quickly stopped her act. She was on top of Mina and their faces were an inch apart.

 

“What did you call me?” Momo asked.

 

“Err… I called you what?”

 

“You called me with a nick name just now.”

 

“You mean, Momoring?”

 

“Yeah, that.” Momo replied. “Where did you get that?”

 

Mina shrugged. “I don’t know. It just slipped out of my mouth.”

 

“Fine. That’s cute actually.” Momo said.

 

“If you don’t like it I can change to Mono.” Mina said, giggling.

 

Momo cracked into a laugh. “That was a comeback!” She laughed again. “If you call me Mono, I’m gonna call you Mini.”

 

“No, thanks. I’m going to call you Momoring.”

 

“Okay.” Momo leaned down and pecked Mina’s lips. “Look, you’re blushing again.” Momo teased.

 

Mina groaned and grabbed Momo’s pyjama collar. “Shut up.” She then crashed their lips.

 

Such a blessing morning.

 

#

 

This is the third night, that Tzuyu woke up with terrible headache. But she quickly get used to it. Luckily there’s Chaeyoung that won’t leave her wasted. The short girl always take care of her every night, that make Tzuyu a little bit guilty.

 

Tzuyu walked towards her kitchen and swallowed down the aspirin in one gulp. She then lie herself on the couch, staring at the ceiling. A heavy sigh escaped . Just then, her phone rang, signalling that someone had call her.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Yah, Tzuyu-ah! Aren’t you gonna come today either?”

 

“Who is this?”

 

“Yah! You’re drunk again? It’s me, Kim Doyeon, neo pabo!”

 

“Ah, Doyeonie. Mian, I got terrible headache.”

 

“That’s because you drink, pabo-yah. Are you gonna come to gym today or not? Some customers asked about you.”

 

“Can you handle them for me?”

 

“I will if I can. But they are your client. They are under your training. Yoojung is busy too.”

 

“… Hah… I will come but a little bit late. Take care of the gym for me first.”

 

“Alright. We need to talk either. Let’s meet soon.”

 

“I’m hanging up. Bye.”

 

Tzuyu leaned on the couch as she threw her phone on the other side of the couch.

 

“What to do..? I can’t move on from you…”

 

#

 

After her work at the gym, Doyeon and yoojung dragged Tzuyu to a stall placed a few blocks away from the gym. Doyeon said that the teoppokki sold there were cheap and delicious since she always had it for late night supper with Yoojung. They ended up orders three plates of teoppokki and a plate of fishcakes. Not forgetting the soju.

 

Doyeon and Yoojung are close friends of Tzuyu, since high school. They were classmates back then. Tzuyu was separated as they went to attend different university but they never lost contact. Doyeon is a sassy girl, which she talks freely while Yoojung is one kind of girl that are cute but can be crazy at time. While Tzuyu was a calm and composed girl. The three of them made a really good friendship till now.

 

Doyeon and Yoojung know all the secret of Tzuyu. That, including the latest—Tzuyu’s broke up. Both of them was worried for Tzuyu, because they knew that Tzuyu loves Sana very much, but she was confused, and sometimes a pabo, since she like to sit alone and overthinking too much. If not for both of them, Tzuyu might ended up a loner in high school years ago.

 

“How do you feel now?” Doyeon asked, as she poured soju in Tzuyu and Yoojung’s glass. Tzuyu emptied it away, and asked for another shot.

 

“What should I feel? Terrible, of course.” She answered and took her second shot. Doyeon just looked, sometimes grimaced at how Tzuyu drank the soju from the bottle. She tried to take the bottle away, only for her hand to be swat. “Let me.”

 

Doyeon sighed. “You drink enough, Tzuyu. From what I know, you’re not much a drinker.” She commented.

 

“Then, from now on, I am.” Tzuyu simply replied. Yoojung nudged Doyeon, for the latter to calm herself. She knew that if Doyeon reach her limit, fight will be broken between the two. Yoojung nodded at Doyeon, signalling that she will try to talk to Tzuyu.

 

“Did she say anything on the day you broke up?” Yoojung asked.

 

Tzuyu who was about to drink again, stopped her hand in the mid air. She put down the bottle. “Yes.”

 

“Would you tell us what is it? Maybe we can help,” Said Yoojung.

 

Tzuyu sighed. “She told me that we will take a break, until my heart is sure that her love is not a joke.” She said. “I tried, Yoojung-ah. But we’re too different. I was insecure with all her suitors that have every thing for her to make her happy.”

 

Yoojung shook her head. “No, Tzuyu. You’re just confused. To be honest, if Sana will choose wealth for happiness, she would go to the suitors than confess to you. She would choose them over you if money is what she wanted.”

 

“But she choose you. Remember how hard she tried to get your attention? Don’t you find it ridiculous for her to give all of herself just to get a single ‘hi’ from you, then all her love is all fake?” Yoojung tried to knock some sense in Tzuyu’s head.

 

“Then, what should I do?” Tzuyu asked. She’s not drunk, but a little bit tipsy.

 

“Tell me, do you love her?”

 

Tzuyu nodded.

 

“Then look for her. Have some faith for her. It’s not only you who are broken. She’s too. Treat her better than before. Gain back her trust. After all, she’s hurt by your action that night.” Doyeon said. “That’s all we can do as your friend.”

 

Tzuyu looked at them and smiled. “Thank you. I owe you.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, finally! A break!

Huhu~ R.I.P my final exam. I don't know what I wrote on those papers. I don't even have enough time to write my answers properly. However, I still have some time to write this chapter!

So, how do you think about this chapter? Gosh, I need to make SaTzu together soon. I can't bear writing about their break up anymore TT 

And Mimo? How is it you like it?

Oh, don't forget about 2yeon's conflict!

Kindly please leave your comments. 

Sincerely, your humble author,

sinbnim_