Chapter 31

Just A Matter Between Love and Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOJOON'S POV

"M-marry one of your granddaughters?...Mr. Kim I know your granddaughters and they're good friends of mine but...I don't think they want to marry me" I said.

 

I don't know whose granddaughter was he referring to but this can't be happening.

 

Eunjung loves my sister and it's impossible that she would agree to this and obviously Boram and Qri were on the same boat.

 

This will just create a huge misunderstanding!

 

"Your grandfather, I and that old man Mr. Choi were bestfriends since childhood. Your grandfather wants his daughter, your Mom to marry Mr. Choi's son and you know what happen?" He ask ignoring what I just said to him.

 

"Mom runaway?" I said.

 

I didn't know anything about Mom's past but it seems like that's what happen that time.

 

"Yes, your mother run away from home and never comeback. Your grandfather try to search for her and make her comeback but he failed and that is because my daughter is helping her" He said.

 

Her daughter?

 

"Mrs. Hahm?" I ask.

 

"Yes. They were close friends. But your grandparents were unfortunate. The accident instantly killed your grandma while your grandfather was still make it to the hospital but he didn't last long. Before he died he was able to make his last will and as a good friend I'm going to fulfill his will." He said.

 

I understand but....the past was trying to ruin the present....and also the future.

 

Can't we just let go of the past?

 

"I understand Mr. Kim but may I know what exactly my grandpa's last will? Why is Mr. Choi and his grandson still after it?" I ask.

 

"That old man Choi is a dirty player but still he was our friend. Your grandfather found out that your Mom gave birth but never get a chance to get further information about it so he said that if his grandchild is a boy, I should let his grandson marry one of my granddaughter but if it is a girl, his granddaughter will marry that old man's grandson before you could get your inheritance. And it turns out that it's a boy and girl. So I guess you can see the picture kid." He explained.

 

WHAT?!

 

"So that means my sister still needs to marry Siwon? Siwon is a jerk! I won't let that happen!" I said raising my voice.

 

I can't help it.

 

Siwon already gave us a lot of headache and he obviously can't love my sister as his wife!

 

Mr. Kim frowns.

 

"I'm sorry. We just had enough bad experiences because of Siwon. I can't trust him for my sister" I said and apologize.

 

"I will take care of that thing if that's what you're worried about but one thing is for sure boy. The wedding will happen by hook or crook. If you didn't get your money by the end of this year some charitable institutions will have it. All of it! And it'll ruin my company. I will never let that happen!." He said.

 

"So this is still about money. Not that you want to fulfill Grandpa's will. You're just the same as Mr. Choi!" I said.

 

I can see that Mr. Kim is really mad now.

 

"You will attend my party tomorrow night or else something really bad will come to you and your sister." He said and ask his guard to kick me out of his car..

 

Damn it!

 

Why all these bad people keeps bothering us?!

 

"Who's that?"

 

I turn to the owner of the voice.

 

Why is she here again?!

 

"What do you want now Inna?" I said and stand up.

 

"Nothing. Just passing by stepbro" She said.

 

I don't think she's just passing by.

 

"You're the one who took my sister to Siwon! I thought you said you never had an intention to hurt my sister!" I irritably said.

 

"I'm not the one who tried harming your sister and besides I'm just showing you how dangerous this place is" She said.

 

"I'm not taking your offer if this is where that conversation will be heading" I said.

 

"Ok...Soon enough I know you'll change your mind. Bye stepbro" She said and left.

 

Things are getting much complicated.

 

Should start considering her offer?

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

I open the door with Jiyeon standing behind me.

 

Huh?

 

"Good afternoon Ms. Eunjung." A guy in a suit greeted me.

 

I frown.

 

He's my grandfather's secretary!

 

But why would grandpa send his secretary here? He usually just make phone calls when he needs something.

 

"What do you want?" I ask.

 

"Wae Seobang? Is he a bad guy? Why are you frowning?" Jiyeon ask and hug my waist from behind.

 

I can't help not to smile with her cute actions.

 

Some things really never change.

 

I snap back when grandpa’s secretary clears his throat and realize that Jiyeon is curiously looking at me.

 

"U-uhm ...He...He's my Grandfather's secretary" I said and Jiyeon immediately pull herself away from me.

 

Eh?

 

"Your grandpa wants you to have this invitation....and for you too... Ms. Jiyeon." He said and handed the invitation to me and Jiyeon but he's giving me this look like he's sending me a warning.

 

A warning for what?!

 

And what's this invitation for?

 

"Me?....and how come you know my name?" Jiyeon ask but my grandfather's secretary is just looking at me with that look.

 

"What's the invitation for?" I ask.

 

This time he just bows and leave instead of answering my question.

 

"Damn! How could he turn his back on me like that?!" I irritably said but my expression immediately change when I turn to Jiyeon.

 

She was frowning at me with her arms cross.

 

"What's wrong?" I ask.

 

"You! What's going on between you and that secretary?!" She said.

 

What?!

 

"Hey what are you talking about?" I ask and pull her inside my office again.

 

"I saw the way you look at him. It seems like you two are talking telepathically. Does he have a crush on you?!" She angrily said.

 

But instead of getting mad at her too I find it funny.

 

Because of that I started laughing.

 

"What's so funny?!" She ask.

 

"You're so cute when you're jealous" I said and pull her on the couch and let her sit on my lap.

 

"I'm not jealous" She said.

 

"Ok. Let's pretend I'll believe you but do you really think I would date that man?...hmm but I'm not sure if he likes me. Can't blame him I- OUCHH!!" I was just teasing her but she suddenly pinch my ear.

 

"You're saying something Hahm?" She ask glaring at me.

 

Ouch my precious ear.

 

"I said I only love Park Jiyeon." I said then kiss her cheek.

 

"I'm very sweet even my girlfriend is so violent." I said and rest my head on her shoulder.

 

She just rolled her eyes on me and open the invitation.

 

"Your grandpa is throwing a party tomorrow night." She said.

 

I wonder why grandpa is suddenly throwing a party.

 

It's not his birthday or maybe business related....or

 

Could it be that he already knows?

 

"But how come your grandpa knows me? We met before when I was a kid but he actually doesn't care about." Jiyeon added.

 

I don't feel good about this.

 

I just hug Jiyeon and didn't respond.

 

Hyojoon will explain things to her.

 

"We can't tell your grandpa about us." She said.

 

"I don't care how would he reacts to this Jiyeon. All I know now is I won't lose you again" I said.

 

"But Eunjung...Are you sure about that?" She ask and cupped my face.

 

I smile to her and nod.

 

"Never been this sure." I said and she smiled back.

 

I don't know what's grandpa planning to do and I don't care....coz right now I'm just really happy.

 

And that's because of her.

 

QRI'S POV

"Ms. Jihyun" 

 

Huh?

 

I was waiting for Hyomin in the parking area when this man came to me.

 

This man.....my grandfather's secretary.

 

Why is he here?

 

"Why?" I ask.

 

"Your grandpa wants you to have this" He said and handed it to me.

 

An invitation?

 

"What for?" I ask and he just signaled me to check it myself.

 

Heol.

 

"Wait....Grandpa is throwing a party tomorrow night. Why?" I ask.

 

"You'll know and chairman said you have to leave after the wedding next week." He said.

 

What?!

 

NEXT WEEK?!

 

AND WHOSE WEDDING?!

 

"Who's getting married?" I ask but he just bow and walk away.

 

I don't have a good feeling about this party.

 

I check the invitation again to figure out if there's any answer to my question but there's not.

 

It just did look fancy but it lacks information.

 

"Kyul!" Hyomin finally arrives and she's running towards me.

 

"Did I take too long? I need to make excuse on the squad so that they'll let me leave" She said a bit panting.

 

I smile.

 

I get my phone and take her picture.

 

"Yah! I'm sweating!" She said and tried taking my phone from me.

 

"So what? You're still pretty" I said and showed it to her.

 

"Yah! Delete that! It looks awful" She said.

 

"No, it doesn't. Whoever said that will pay big time" I said.

 

"What are you going to do with that anyway? I can give you good pictures you know" She said.

 

If you just know that I have tons of your pictures Minnie.

 

"Hm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter