Ch 2 - 3Day Pt 2

A Life Is A Life (Hiatus)

Ch 2: Day 3 Part 2

             At dusk, Sanha is wandering around the dark, shady alley near the big trash and recycle bins to stay away from the alley through the exit way because it makes him feel uneasy to look surrounding the alley in his new experience. The harsh words from his own parents make him feel bad for himself; he feels nothing to be human-being at all. He tries to find another way to sleep on the sidewalk near the twin condo towers and cafe. He has already collected some recycled cardboards and bottled waters where he gets from the trash bins. He immediately puts unfolded cardboards on the sidewalk in front of the closed cafe as he can't raise his head because he's already a black sheep. He lays back on the cardboard and rolls over when he's in a stupor to be about to sleep. He feels cold in the dark moonlight with his chattered teeth and tightly hugs his backpack. His head is properly laying on his thick, soft guitar case like a firm foam mattress pillow. He doesn't know who that guy is after he has met the very neat guy from the band club of 'Wanna Be Your Star' to escape succesfully. He has no time to think about new different things he gets struggle with. He shuts his own eyes tightly to finally fall into his deep slumber.

 

                   It's a dawn in the morning when the air becomes cool, humid, and warm. Eunwoo's mother is a manager who owns and runs her own business for a cafe restaurant. She walks to her work from her house around 3 minutes because she lives very close to the the twin condo towers. She sees clearly that there's an unknown young student sleeping in front of her own cafe very distantly. She is surprised, so she unexpectedy didn't know that one person is appearing, then she gulps to try clear her own voice.  She tries her best to gently speak to that young student who still sleeps on the sidewalk by the front of her own cafe door. She calmly walks towards the sleeping young student and wakes him up gently. She starts to say politely to him, so she doesn't want to scare him, "Wake up! Young guy." Sanha gets startled by the woman's gentle and warm voice and wakes up instantly  He feels a bit tired and blinks his own eyes to clearly see her in front of him. He straightens his back hastily and sits properly as the first time he's meeting the woman. The woman says apologetically, "Sorry for scaring you! I just want to open my door, so I need to start my work right now. Please excuse me." Sanha bites his lips and gets on his own nerves to finally nod 'Ok' at her tiredly and twice. He sighs heavily and feels the regrets and helplessness. He stands up from the ground slowly and picks up his own guitar, the recycled cardboard for sleeping, and his own backpack. He tries to leave, but the woman's voice stops him right away. She just wants to ask, "Wait! Young guy, I realize you are still wearing the same uniform as my only son. U-um, you are going to the wrong way and you look salty in your eyes, but why aren't you going to school today?" Sanha stops in his track and turns around to look back at her. He quirks and oddly thinks, "How does she know I have the same uniform as her son? Is it a coincidence?" He honestly shakes his head and answers formally, "There's nothing to be a reason. It's fine for me to go somewhere and I can handle it myself." He smiles warmly, but inside his own thought is that the world for reality doesn't change at all because it's always not perfect for society, I know. "Thank you for asking me the hard question. I need to take my leave. I didn't know that you have a son who is going to the same school as me. Can I leave now? Okay?" The words behind his reason concern her and leave her speechless. The woman feels that something isn't right. She hesitantly says, "Aah, I see. Alright!" She nods understandably. She bits her lips into a deep nervous because she watches the young guy in his wrinkled, same unform looking peculiar from toe to head and his guitar is already broken. Then, he nods relievedly. He starts to take one step forward and turns away from her to go forward, but the hand grips Sanha's left wrist to be stopped by. Sanha is dragged by the woman to get into the cafe as he looks confused without knowing why. The woman says, "Please take your seat. I'll give you some breakfast for free." He's shocked, but says, "No, thanks! I need to pay it." She shakes her head to disagree with him. "Please accept your offer!" Although Sanha still shakes his head again, the woman straghtens her lips into a disappointment for not wanting him starving to death. She asks, "Have you eaten yesterday?" Sanha lies, "Yes, I have eaten yesterday." His stomach starts to growl because he hasn't eaten for two long days and nothing to buy food for himself without being at home. The woman hears his growling stomach that he is very hungry. She says, "See?" Then, she begs him to accept her an offer for free as much. He nods when he accepts her an offer. The woman starts to be happy and bright. She says with her victory, "Yess!! Thanks! Please be patient! I will serve you some food!" Then, she calls out her co-worker as a waitress to make a french toast with toppings of fresh strawberries and whipped cream and a cup of hot chocolate, so she understands her order for Sanha. She says quickly on her busy time, "Yes, I do!" The woman sits on the chair to talk with Sanha. Sanha doesn't say anything and looks around the cafe. He says, "The restaurant is very nice and modern." The woman says, "Yeah, thank you for the compliment. Sorry, I want to introduce myself. I don't want to confuse you about my son and that I am a stranger to you. I'm Eunwoo's mother and a manager, Maria. And you?" Sanha shyly answers, "Yoon Sanha. I'm 2nd year student from your son's same school. Thank you for giving me a nice treat. I don't want to do that again. I'm sorry for that." Maria says, "No, that's okay! That's because I'm concern about yourself. That's it." She clears . She asks, "Why are you sleeping in front of my Staroonie cafe?" Sanha replies truthfully, but it's a sensitive question for him, "Well, it's just where I go on my own direction when I'm already lost." He however says, "I need to eat first. Thank you for the food!" He eats a french toast with toppings of whipped cream and fresh strawberries. He then drinks a cup of hot chocolate to get more energy for his body as he's feeling warm and touched to about to almost cry. Maria watches him eating very well when she's very happy to see him looking bright. Sanha says, "Hmm, Yummy! It's good!" He gives Maria a better word that she is smiling at him warmly.

 

                      Sanha leaves on his own way after saying a good-bye and thank-you to Maria when it's  very nice to talking with Maria all day. Eunwoo bumps into Sanha's shoulder as they bow at the same time for their apology. Eunwoo walks into the cafe after school and orders the espresso to see his mom after he meets the same guy again. He talks with his mom about that guy. Maria says, "Ahh, I met him for the first time today. He's Yoon Sanha. How do you know him?" Eunwoo replies, "Ahh, Yoon Sanha. What a unique name! I wonder why he escaped from my band club after suspiciously seeing him sleeping on the sofa that he already broke into my band club room. But, he apologized to me. That's because he stole a key from the office." Maria says, "Oh, really? Did he sleep there alone seriously?" She shakes her head, which means never mind and she doesn't understand at all. She then says, "Sanha slept in front of my cafe too!" Eunwoo opens his mouth because he is surprised and didn't know that Sanha has slept again. He says, "Ahh, really. I didn't know. We have no idea. Without any reason, he will sleep somewhere without his parents. That's a coincidence for me!" Maria looks concerned in her own eyes and nods surely. She also says, "His own guitar is already broken and not working at all. I saw him opening the zipper of his guitar case because he checked the final check, but he looked sad with his hopelessness to give up on his music. That broke my heart! I don't know why too! He can handle it himself without any helps. He said that it is fine for himself." Eunwoo sighs as he learns something from Sanha and hopefully wants to meet him again as well as I will tell my own friends about him, so maybe.