Jisoo and Minkyung are...

Sibling Trouble {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

When Minhyun was little, he was a fairly close with his siblings at first. He made sure to always play games with his twin Jisoo (it was just a bit odd that he called him 'hyung' still even though he was a few minutes younger than Minhyun) and always give his little sister Minkyung piggy-back rides whenever she wanted them.

He was a responsible older brother until he was found out to be exceeding his average grade level, thus participating in a more privileged school leading to a busier life where it strained his relationships with his siblings.

"Hyung! Let's go to the arcades!"

"I can't Soo-yah, I have to study for my literature test tomorrow."

"Minhyun-oppa! Gimme a piggy-back ride to the park!"

"I can't Min-ah, I need to do math homework."

And just like that, they drifted apart because he was forced to have too many responsibilities as a child. Their relationship was stressed even more when the family had to move to the U.S. for business reasons for a while, leading to Minhyun being left behind with his mother in South Korea due to his studies.

When his siblings came back around seven years later, there was an even more prominent gap between them because of the difference in exposure to cultures- Jisoo was now Joshua and Minkyung was now Roa. The two would talk to each other in English on habit, leaving Minhyun completely clueless as to what they could possibly be whispering about.

"Hey Soo-yah," Minhyun had asked one time, but his twin didn't realize that he was calling him- habits were hard to break as a child after all. He couldn't help but let that little bit of irritation show as he repeats louder, "Soo-yah," and Jisoo finally looks over after Minkyung left for something.

"What are you guys always talking about?" Minhyun pouts before frowning when Jisoo had unconsciously slipped into English to answer.

When his eyebrows scrunched up, that was when Jisoo realized his mistake before awkwardly laughing, "Oops, sorry hyung," an American accent was extremely prominent still, "Er- say that again please?"

The frown furthers before he repeats, "What are you and Min-ah always talking about?"

Again, that clueless look on his face when he addressed their sister like that.

"Ugh- Roa! What are you and Roa always talking about in English?! I can never understand you guys!" Minhyun yelled frustratingly.

"Oh, we were just talking about a new restaurant that opened. Do you want to come with us tonight?" Jisoo continued to ask with that innocent look, further irritating Minhyun, before he remembered to take a deep breath yet still answered in a curt fashion.

"No. I won't go with two strangers."


Minhyun glanced at the clock that read '12:00 a.m.' before sighing, tossing his pencil onto his book before rubbing his dry eyes. He stands up to stretch before heading out of his room to go grab a cup of cool water when he passes by Jisoo's room before stopping when he heard some whispering in English again and he would have ignored it if Minkyung hadn't thrown 'oppa' into her sentence- something that specifically addressed himself whereas Jisoo was addressed as Joshua.

He stops, peeking into the dimly lit room where the two were talking to each other with worried expressions before Minhyun had to interrupt since it was way past their bedtimes since they didn't go to any prestigious schools with a ton of homework like his did. Minhyun really did try his best not to pout that he couldn't understand them yet again as he knocked on their door and opened it slightly, "Soo- Joshua, Roa, go to bed," he hated how he neary bit his tongue when switching to how he addressed them.

Jisoo and Minkyung shared a look that Minhyun couldn't pick out before Minkyung stood up and started heading towards the door.

"Good night, oppa. You should get some sleep too," Minkyung smiled a small one when they met at the door.

"Maybe," Minhyun sighed with a forced smile before reaching up and ruffling Minkyung's hair and leaving to go continue study.


"I should get going now. You know how Jeonghan is when it comes to cooking dinner."

"Well not like you can cook either, Ren."

"Ah shh!" Minki slapped Minhyun on the arm lightly, the latter only laughing at his friend. Minki huffs, "Well your brother is coming home soon too, right? What was his name... Jisoo?"

"Joshua," a hint of bitterness was in Minyun's tone.

"You're American?" Minki asked with his eyebrows scrunched up.

"No," Minhyun huffed before changing the subject as to not act so coldly anymore, "Weren't you gonna leave so that Jeonghan doesn't sleep through waiting for the something to cook before sleeping through the house getting burnt down?"

"Er- yeah, bye hyung," Minki waved as he grabbed his bag to leave, opening the door at the same time that Jisoo and Minkyung were entering the house. When the door closed, Minkyung immediately asks with a slight grin, "Ooh, was that your girlfriend~?"

To which Minhyun would've laughed if it wasn't for the fact that Minkyung and Jisoo didn't talk to him unless absolutely necessary so instead he raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Excuse me?"

"The really pretty blonde girl that just left. So, who is she?" Minkyung asked a bit too excitedly as she walked over to him before Minhyun realized as to who his little sister was talking about before he laughed, "Ren? Oh gawd no, he's not even a girl!"

"So oppa is-?" Minkyung seemed more confused than before before Jisoo nudged at her to stop asking so many intrusive and odd questions.

"Anyways, what's for dinner, hyung?" Jisoo asked with a smile.

"Ah, do you want to order pizza or something? I'm not in the mood to cook," Minhyun stated, which was a lie. He knew that they were more acquainted with Western food and would rarely have the appetite for Korean dishes for dinner.

Jisoo and Minkyung shared a look before Jisoo spoke up, "Uh- we still have some kimchi, right? Can hyung make us some kimchi soup?"

"Are you sure?" Minhyun asked. When the two nodded without another word, he hesitantly complies to whatever it is that they were trying to plan for.


That night, Minhyun went to go turn off the lights in the house so that everyone could sleep in peace before he saw a dim peep of light in Jisoo's room.

Are they still up? It's 1 a.m. though... even though Minhyun was tired as usual, he went to go into the room to tell his twin to go to bed before he saw that Jisoo had fallen asleep, sprawled out on his bed with his guitar, and Minkyung had fallen asleep while she seemed to be writing something on Jisoo's desk that had the dimly lit lamp. He sighs, wanting to scold Jisoo for sleeping on his expensive guitar and Minkyung for sleeping on the desk even though it would give a crick in her neck.

He walked over to turn off the lights before he saw a peek of the paper she was writing on with a lot of doodles on it. Curious, he slides the piece of paper from underneath his little sister and he was caught off guard to see what was written on it:

Practice speech for oppa after his party! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

Oppa! It's been seben seven years since Joshua and I left for America! We missed you lots a lot when we were there((o(;△;)o)) but since we were kids, we thought that you become became too much of an adult to spend time with us! (;﹏;)

We missed you even when you studied a lot when we were still in Corea Korea, so we were super happy to come back, but everything was so different... Joshua and I forgot about what live life was like with you and you always seemed so sad... Joshua telled told me that you got mad at him because you couldn't understand us.

Even though there's a language difference, we still love you lots and lots, so please don't feel sad, oppa... We want to be close with you again like vack back then but this time we'll take care of you like you did for us back then so you're not allowed to feel sad anymore, okay?!٩(•̤̀^•̤́๑)૭✧ Rook Look at how good we are at being siblings! We even decided to sing happy birthday to you!

He wondered why there was a wet spot at the bottom before he realized that we was crying. Minhyun looked at his two sleeping siblings before chuckling, thinking that he really was lucky to have them as his siblings.

That's why they were acting funny... it's my birthday tomorrow...


"Thanks for coming though," Minhyun told Minki before turning to his siblings who looked extremely expectant. He smiled at them, "And thanks for setting up a surprise birthday party," and he laughed as the two looked extremely proud and high-fived each other.

"No problem man, what else are friends for," Minki said nonchalantly.

"You sure you didn't come just for the cake?"

"Oh shush," Minki picked up a bit of cream from his slice of his cake to smear onto Minhyun's cheek. It seemed like Jisoo and Minkyung were so ecstatic that they ended up going off in a speedy English conversation.

He noticed that Minki was staring at the two so he questioned the model with his gaze. In an absent-minded manner, Minki said, "Oh, it's nothing. I just thought that it was nice that Joshua's girlfriend helped in setting up."

To which Jisoo and Minkyung choked on their spits whereas Minhyun bursted out into laughter.

Well that was a major point as to why he shouldn't be jealous about their closeness, but hey, even though they call each other Joshua and Roa now, they are still Soo-yah and Min-ah to him.