Chapter 2

Most of the Memories

The manager looked at him with a pale face. "W-what's this?"

"A resignation letter."

"I know... but what I mean is why?"

Jimin looked down "I just feel like I don't belong in Bangtan anymore."

A long silence.

"Did something happened between you and the members?"

"....nothing."

"Don't try to hide it, Jimin. I've noticed everything that's happening. While the cameras are rolling, when they go out to eat and you're not with them. You pretend to sleep whenever when we're in backstage. What's happening?"

"I honestly don't know, manager-nim. But can I have a selfish request? Don't tell anyone about this?  I'll be giving this a last chance and if anything happens, I’ll quit. Only from Bangtan. I’m not leaving Big Hit. In case I do leave, give me 4 months to study what I need to. Promise."

The manager looked at him while processing the younger one's request before nodding. He can truly see how much Jimin was hurting deep inside. And he didn't need Jimin to tell him everything, his eyes were expressive. His eyes were screaming how much pain he was in. "Alright. But when you did leave, what will I tell the members and the fans?"

"Health problems. Then when I return, I will them that I feel like I don't belong in Bangtan anymore and I feel like I'll just burden them trying to memorize all the steps and songs that they made when I wasn't there."

The manager nodded. "And I thought you'd quit being an idol."

Jimin shook his head "No. Being an idol is my dream," he said with a soft smile before bowing slightly "Excuse me." with that, he left the office.

Jimin looked out of the window, a worried look on his face. He just hopes he doesn't have to come to the point that he would really leave Bangtan.

He loves Bangtan, more than anything else in the world.

But if it meant getting hurt like this, then leaving is the best thing to do.

 


When he got back to the dorm (while muttering a small 'I'm home'), he saw the members on the dining table, eating lunch.

They were so noisy before he entered the dorm, he can hear them from outside. But when he entered, they suddenly went quiet.

Jimin looked at them for a few moments, observing them.

Namjoon and Yoongi were pretending he wasn't there, just eating their meal. Jin was looking at him, along with Taehyung and Hoseok. Jungkook was looking at the wall, avoiding his gaze.

No one even bothered to ask if he wanted to eat with them.

 

Jimin tore his gaze from them and went to the kitchen where he saw some uncooked ingredients which were obviously for him.

He bitterly chuckled to himself, Jin didn't even bother cooking for him. So that's how things are done here now?

He didn't touch anything that Jin left for him, instead he just took a glass of water and went to his room.


"Wait," Taehyung said before Jimin could enter the room. Jimin just looked at him, this time everyone was looking at him. "Aren't you going to eat?"

"Why do you care? All you guys did was to leave the ingredients for me to cook. What ever happened to the 'I'll just reheat my food since I wasn't able to eat with you guys'? Oh yeah, I don't exist to you guys anymore for 2 weeks and 4 days."

The others looked surprised and slightly hurt with what he said, while Yoongi frowned a bit. Namjoon just remain stoic.

Jimin just stared at each and one of them, studying their reactions while trying not cry. He didn't want to, not in front of them.

"Are you guys done yet?" He asked, his grip on the glass tightening.

Jin was about to answer when Namjoon suddenly said "No."

The others looked at Namjoon as he stood up, his gaze fixed on Jimin. It was cold.

"What do you want?" Jimin asked, his voice cracking a bit, still trying not to cry. Everyone in the room knew that. "You treated me like I wasn't there for these past days! I tried asking what i might've done and i'll do my best to fix it. What did i get? a cold shoulder-"

"That's because you're pathetic! Everyone is improving. Everybody but you! You always slow us down all because you can't get the choreography right! Why did we even have you as a group member?! We could've done even better if we has another member chosen at your spot." Namjoon said with venom in his voice while glaring harshly at him. The other members (even Yoongi) looked at him with a surprised look.

Jimin didn't know what he was currently feeling. It was a mix of betrayal, anger, sadness and his heart felt like it was being ripped apart.

So this was the people whom he considered his family.

Clenching his fist tightly, he gave each and one of them a hard look full of hatred before running out of the dorm, away from them.

He didn't, however, hear what Jin ("Namjoon... why?") and Yoongi ("That wasn't part of what we talked about!") said as the door slammed shut.

 


It was 3 in the morning when Jimin returned back to the dorms. He saw Jin and Yoongi on the couch, asleep. Why were they there when they have their own shared room?

He went to his and Taehyung's shared room, careful not to wake the younger or anyone up.

Taehyung looked like he cried himself to sleep, judging with the dried trails of tears on his cheeks. Normally, Jimin would hug him and comfort him even though he was asleep, though for some reason, Jimin felt empty.

He shook his head, he wasn't here for this. He took out his suitcase and started packing, still careful not to make any noise. He was thankful that he didn't have much stuff with him, only a suitcase and a sports bag is enough to pack everything.

on the bedside table, was his favorite photo of them. it was taken the night after they were annouced as the winner of an event. They ate at their favorite restaurant and had this photo taken.

'We couldn't have won if it wasn't for Jimin,'

Lies.

Putting his sports bag which was full of his clothes, he quietly carried the suitcase and went out of the dorm, but gave a last look on Jin and Yoongi's sleeping faces before locking the door behind him, sliding his copy key from the slit under the door and left for good.

 

 

The first thing that Taehyung did when he woke up was looking at Jimin's bunk, hoping he'd see his friend asleep, only to see the bed still on how it was last night. No creases, a sign that it wasn't even used. 

For some odd reason, he felt that something was off. 

That was when he noticed that Jimin's speakers, notebooks (which were usually neatly piled up on on his table), his hairbrush, and other things that he usually sees around next to his own things were no where to be found. 

'No Tae, you're just being paranoid.' He thought to himself before noticing their shared closet being half open, and decided to fully open it, only to see that Jimin's side of the closet were empty.

He also noticed a crumpled paper on the ground ad picked it up before reading its contents, only to realize it was one of Jimin's draft resignation letter as he could see a lot of erasures. What stood out the most was 'To leave Bangtan'.

"Hyung!!!!" Was the scream that woke everyone up in the dorm. 

Rushing to Taehyung's distressed shouts, thinking that something bad might've happened to their member, they saw him crying on the floor eyes filled with regret and extreme sadness. 

"Tae, what's wrong?" Jin asked, crouching down to the younger's form as he gently hugged him

"He's gone... Jiminie-hyung is gone..." He sobbed on Jin's shoulder.

This confused the others. What does he mean by gone?

Yoongi looked around and noticed how things were untouched and lifeless on Jimin's side of the room before rushing to the closet to confirm his suspicion. His eyes widen in shock at what he saw.

"H-He could've just moved to another room or something, Tae," Hoseok stuttered

Taehyung shook his head as he handed Namjoon the letter.

Namjoon looked at it before frowning deeply and punching the wall in anger. Not at Jimin, but at himself.

"So that's why..." Jungkook said softly making everyone look at him "This morning, around 3 AM, I heard some shuffling. I thought it was Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung when they were still waiting for Jimin-hyung. Then i heard the door close after 20 minutes. It must've been Jimin-hyung."

Jin looked down at the ground, tearing up "What have we done...?"