D-Day: Eight Hours Until Wife’s Secret Meeting

As Time Goes By...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul didn’t even sleep the whole night. A messed up cake and beer cans surrounded her as she continuously scroll through the new comments posted on her post on the online community board.

 

 

You’re right. You shouldn’t forgive your wife who cheats on you.

 

It’s no big deal once it passes. Cheer up, I’m rooting for you.

 

The Han River will comfort you in your despair. Let’s go together.

 

You should attack first. If you miss the first move, you lose.

 

 

Moonbyul chuckled mockingly at the first few comments. Why did she even post her mess here in the first place? As if she was expecting decent answers from people she doesn’t even know. She scrolled even further down the post and sat up straight after seeing that Cabbage Wrap posted a comment as well. At least there is one decent person right here, she thought.

 

 

Can there be a solution to catch her? If you barge in emotionally and punch the other man, you may feel better for a moment, but nothing will change. What would your wife think of you if you behaved that way? Are you really ready to end it with your wife? If there is still time, try to convince her not to go. Think of your child who would be greatly affected by this and find a way to save her from all the possible pain that will come on her.

 

 

Umji, their daughter. How would she even respond to this? If Moonbyul does decide to cut the ties between her and Yongsun, how would the poor girl take it all? Moonbyul placed her phone on the tabletop and sighed deeply. She has to speak to Yongsun soon and at least convince her to stop whatever she has going on behind her back.

 

 

“BYUL-MAAAAAAA!” Umji’s excited screams filled the whole house. Moonbyul immediately went out from the bathroom after drying up her hair and picked up Umji. “Byul, honey, how are you?” Yongsun gave Moonbyul a peck on the cheek and headed her way to the kitchen. Moonbyul simply responded with a nod and shifted her attention back to Umji. “How’s my favorite girl? Did you have fun?” Moonbyul asked as she pinched Umji’s cheek.

 

 

“…All the moms decided to sleep over and I couldn’t even say no. If I refused, I would be the only one to do that and it’s pretty awkward if I did.” Yongsun relayed all the events that happened last night to Moonbyul, who seemed pretty disinterested in front of her. Moonbyul let out a heavy sigh and continued to push the contents of her plate all around. “Honey, are you okay? Are you sick? Don’t you want to eat?” Yongsun asked, genuinely concerned about Moonbyul’s behavior.

 

“Did you have fun, Umji?” Moonbyul shifted her attention to Umji instead of replying to Yongsun. “It wasn’t bad,” Umji replied, shrugging her shoulders. “Eh? Why do you say so? You sound like you didn’t have fun at all.” Moonbyul tilted her head to the side, examining Umji’s reaction. “Nah, I’m not really close with the celebrant and besides, kid’s parties are boring.” Moonbyul laughed at Umji’s reply and patted her head. “You sound like an adult, Umji. Here, eat more.”

 

Yongsun immediately jolted up from the dining table, surprising both Umji and Moonbyul. “Omo, I’m running late,” Yongsun exclaimed, “Umji, you can finish that all by yourself right?” Umji only nodded at her. Both Umji and Moonbyul’s eyes are fixed on Yongsun, who was running around the house trying to hurriedly prepare.

 

 

“You’re dressing up really well today, eh?” Moonbyul half-assed remark didn’t fail to make Yongsun shoot a deadly glare towards her. “I was just teasing, sorry.”

 

Yongsun dropped the glare and gave Moonbyul a teasing smile and resumed doing her make-up. “Most advertisers would be at the meeting today. Of course, I shouldn’t look messy right?” Moonbyul sat at the bed, waiting for Yongsun to finish. “It seems that you’re applying too much make-up today,” she remarked.

 

“Huh? This is how I usually do it,” Yongsun replied. Moonbyul was fiddling with her fingers, trying to think of something so that Yongsun wouldn’t push through with the meeting she has (a.k.a the meeting that would possibly break their marriage). “Do you really have to go?” Moonbyul manage to blurt out, “It’s not like you’re the only employee working there. Why would they even want to drag family out on a weekend? You know we can go camping or go to the zoo.”

 

Yongsun sighed and stood up in front of Moonbyul. Of course, seeing Yongsun like that in front of her, she couldn’t resist grabbing her and pin her down the bed. “Byul, I’m the head of this project. Of course, I have to go and take charge.” Moonbyul lunged in Yongsun’s neck and showers her with butterfly kisses. “Look, all I’m saying is we haven’t even spent time together for the past few weeks, with me being busy with the new show and you with this… this project you have. I just want to spend some time with the family, that’s all.”

 

Yongsun held Moonbyul face and kissed her until it became one heated make-out session. Yongsun slightly pushed Moonbyul in order to break it out. “Now, look what you’ve done. You messed up my make-up and now I have to do it again.” Yongsun gave Moonbyul one lack kiss and pushed both of them up. Moonbyul can only sigh as she resumed watching Yongsun fix her make-up.

 

 

“Yong-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter