D-Day: Five Hours Until Wife’s Secret Meeting

As Time Goes By...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So if ever your literature professor asks you for an example of an irresponsible author, that could be me. I really do apologize for seemingly abandoning this fic, but life caught up with me. Exams one after the other, me being brokenhearted because my crush found someone to love (or play around, I don't know, I don't care), extemporaneous and public speaking competitions one after the other, and a near depressive episode *sigh* Once again, here's a disclaimer that I couldn't assure you guys of a regular update but I am truly thankful for subscribing and expressing your love and support. Love you guys and I am sorry once again. So here's a new chapter for y'all.

Wendy peeked outside the window of Moonbyul’s office. She peered from left to right, no sign of Seulgi was spotted in the premise. Wendy was about to call Irene to report her “findings”, but a tap to her shoulder caught her off-guard. She was about to fall back when suddenly Hyunseok caught her. “A-are you okay?” Hyunseok asked her, helping Wendy regain her footing. “Sorry, not into boys. Bye.” Wendy said as she scurried away from Hyunseok.

 

Wendy’s phone rang as soon as she turned to the corner heading to the elevators. “Oh… Irene-unnie, Seulgi-unnie’s not there. But look I have to hurry back to the office and disinfect myself. Some guy touched me. Bye, love yah.”

 

 

Moonbyul’s getting more fidgety by the minute. How could she even get to relax when she knows that by now Yongsun is about to meet that Eric--- whoever he is. She grabbed her hair in frustration and banged her head repeatedly against the table. The beeps coming from the photocopying machine disrupted her thoughts and she rushed towards it.

 

“Hmm… It’s not a paper jam, but why does it even say it is?” Moonbyul asked in annoyance, shaking the photocopying machine.

 

“Moon-PD, I can just use the printer.” Hani said, who was standing right beside Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul dismissed her with her hand. “No, no. I can fix this. Hold on.” Hani shrugged at Moonbyul’s reply and just head off anyways towards the printer. Moonbyul was still pre-occupied with the photocopying machine, going around it, pressing buttons and all just to attempt to fix it.

 

Hani came back minutes later, waving papers in front of Moonbyul. “Moon-PD, I have printed new copies instead. It’s fine now.”

 

Moonbyul stood up and glared at Hani. “I’m still going to fix it. We are all going to use it anyway. Right? RIGHT?!” Hani and the rest of the team were surprised at Moonbyul’s bewilderment towards fixing the damn photocopying machine. Hani simply nodded at Moonbyul and hurriedly went back to her table.

 

Moonbyul stood up and stared at the machine for a couple of minutes before suddenly screaming once again out of frustration. “WHY AMONG ALL TIMES THIS MACHINE DECIDED TO BREAK?! WHY?! WHY?!” She was kicking and slamming her hands at the machine, throwing a tantrum like a little kid. Hyejin and Wheein exchanged glances and shifted their attention towards Moonbyul who was still kicking the machine.

 

Picking up her phone, Moonbyul dialed the repairman who often comes over to fix the photocopying machine. “What’s up with her?” Wheein poked Hyejin who was busy going through the materials they need for the filming. “Huh? Oh, Byul-unnie? She’s just going through tough times. Now shush.” Hyejin replied back, eyes not leaving the paper she’s holding.

 

“I said THE ING PHOTOCOPIER IS NOT WORKING. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH A BROKEN PIECE OF ? I’M TELLING YOU TO COME HERE AND FIX THIS THING. WE TRUSTED YOU AND THIS MACHINE AND NOW YOU BETTER SHOW US THAT YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY! COME ON!” Moonbyul’s tantrum caught everyone’s attention once again. “What? What do you mean you’re not a technician anymore?” Moonbyul raised her eyebrow, “Oh… Oh… You’re—you’re delivering chi--chicken now? I see… I—I’ll make sure to order there a lot…”

 

Wheein gestured for Hyejin to go to Moonbyul. Hyejin sighed back at her before standing up and head towards Moonbyul. “Unnie, drop the call. Drop the call now. Its fine, let it go. We’ll find another guy to fix this, okay?” Hyejin guided Moonbyul back to her chair and rubbed her back to calm her down.

 

“Guys, let’s have a meeting for now.” Wheein announced. “Unnie, are you joining us?”

 

Moonbyul simply nodded at Wheein who in turn smiled back. “We’ll be waiting for you, unnie.”

 

 

“So…” Moonbyul started awkwardly, “Our client is in his forties.”

 

“Yes,” Hyunseok replied “He’s 44 to be exact, lives in an apartment near the Han River with his daughter. He seems pretty well-off. His wife is 40 years old, a homemaker.”

 

Moonbyul awkwardly nodded at the facts shared by Hyunseok. “Since this is just for the pilot episode, we would need more cases for the regular programming.” Wheein relayed to Moonbyul. Moonbyul once again awkwardly nodded at her.

 

“Hyunseok, data.” Hyejin said as she gestured her asking hand towards Hyunseok. “What the--?! Can you at least give us the summary of this whole thing?” Hyejin glared at the paper then back to Hyunseok who seemed to be unfazed by Hyejin’s glare.

 

“But Ahn-PD, go through it first. This is the hottest thing these days.” Hyunseok said as he was distributing the papers to the rest of the team. Moonbyul’s eyes shot wide open when she saw that the whole data Hyunseok has gathered included the community board post of AstroStar, HER OWN POST. “Oh, I know about this one, too. This is one of the famous posts right now on the online board.” Jeonghwa shared. Moonbyul’s mind was in a catastrophe now.

 

“’My Wife is Having an Affair This Week’?” Wheein read the title aloud.

 

“Wow, the title is pretty catchy. We should pick this one based on the title alone.” Hyejin said.

 

“And look,” Jeonghwa shot, “isn’t it Saturday today? He must be heading there right now.”

 

Moonbyul was already in a state of panic. She attempted to kick Hyejin’s foot underneath but missed. She tried once again and finally hit her, gaining a pained reaction from her. Hyejin glared at her but was astonished when Jeonghwa directed a question towards her. “Ahn-PD, what would you do if you were in AstroStar’s shoes?”

 

Hyejin scoffed. “You ask me what I’m going to do? I’m gonna punch that bastard smack right in the face.”

 

“But what if that guy was Seo Jang Hoon?” Hani threw back. Hyejin simply sighed at Hani. It was Wheein’s turn to scoff towards Hyejin. “You’d deserve it~” Wheein singsonged.

 

“Yah! Why would my wife cheat on me with someone like Seo Jang Hoon?” Hyejin retorted back to Wheein who still has a smug expression on her face.

 

“If I were on AstroStar’s place, I’d probably come up towards the guy and talk to him as if I don’t care since using violence might be a reasonable cause for me to be in jail.” Hyunseok spoke up, “I’d ask for his personal information and contact each and every one he knows, expose his affair and destroy his status and his life.”

 

Jeonghwa clasped her hands together and looked at Hyunseok adoringly. “As expected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter