xx 04 xx

Playing with Signs

Chapter Four

Choi Youngjae POV

(green = past) 

 

Youngjae was on his thirty minute break and he decided to go outside to get a bit of fresh air.

"Youngjae-ah," he heard someone call him from the back of the building. When he looked back he saw a girl trying to catch up after him,

"Jieun-noona."

Jieun caught up to him and stood next to him, "I still have fifteen minutes left on my break. Let me go with you." Then pushes him out the door. She had noticed that the whole night he has been into his own world instead of being his happy self when they are working together. So she decided to make it her life's mission to bring him back, for today.

"Arasoyo." He sighed. He froze when Anna links her arm on his but just shook it off, thankful that she didn't notice.

"So, random question," she finally lets go and stands in front of him when he sat on one of the tables, this time she was towering over him instead. "When you grow up, what do you want to be?"

Youngjae smirks, it's his first attempt to smile all night. "I'm already a grown up, noona what are you talking about?" For some reason he got annoyed when he realized that she sees him as a little kid.

She just smiled and then she pinched his cheek, "Well to noona you're still a kiddo..."

"Aishh." Youngjae hissed and pushed her hand off his face.

"Seriously though... Ill rephrase the question." She clears , "What do you aspire to be?"

Youngjae thought about the question. He already knows what he really wants to be but he always hates to see that expression on people's faces when he tells them he wants to be a singer. They look at him as if he shouldn't even try to reach that goal at all... Though he doesn't care as much anymore but facing her now, he isn't sure how he'd react if she's going to give him that look. So he says, "A music therapist."

Jieun's eyebrows met in confusion and chuckled, "What is that? You're going to fix music?" She replies sarcastically.

He sighs, he always hears this from people though this is the first time someone has laughed at him about it. "It's--"

She waved him off not really interested in that, "Well it sounds boring." She said flatly. "Now, be honest. What do you really want to be." She insisted.

"I want to be a singer." When he said it he expected her to say have that expression he sees on people but the thing was she smiled happily as if she was expecting this from him. They are close at work but they never really talk like this before. It's actually Jieun that overly shares since she's three years older than him. He knew that Jieun was a trainee for a couple years in Seoul before her family moved to Mokpo. She said she's working to save up, so she can move back to Seoul to be a singer.

"Then become one." She said simply. "You'll do well in your auditions tomorrow. They'd be lucky to have you."

Youngjae widened his eyes, he hasn't told anyone about his audition for JYPE tomorrow. He was even terrified for this when his teacher told him about the audition three days ago.

"The manager-nim asked me to work for you tomorrow. I made him tell me." She said proudly. She had always a way to have the manager give her whatever she wants.

"Oh,"

She puts her hands on his shoulder, encouragingly. "Choi Youngjae, you'll do great. You can't get an audition like this where a representative actually gives you a private audition! So that means if your teacher thinks you're ready then you just believe in that and trust your talents."

He just blinked a few times and he could feel his throat close up, "Jakamanyo-- how--how?!" He was freaking out this time because how on earth did she know this part. Only Youngjae and three other people from their school who was selected to do a private audition for JYPE knew about this.

She waves a hand gesturing that it wasn't a big deal that she heard about it. "That's not the point--"

"Yah! Lee Jieun! Your break ended ten minutes minutes ago!" A girl screamed at standing at backdoor annoyed that she cant go on break because Jieun is taking her sweet time returning back to work.

Jieun rolled her eyes and then raised her head to show a fake smile, "Miane, Yerin-shii." she pretends to walk towards the door to make her think shes going back to the building. When Yerin closes the door behind her loudly, Jieun turns to face Youngjae again, "I, Hannah Lee-- i mean Lee Jieun.... Got to get used to Korean names." She scolded herself, since she seems to still forget Korean tradition. "Anyway, swear that you'll do well and as a reward I promise once we share one stage together or at least stand on the same stage as singers. I promise to treat you out for an amazing dinner!"

Youngjae pursed his lips, "Kogi?" He said hesitantly.

"YES!" She yelled out in excitment, for that time to come "We'll be making money on our own! Of course we can."

He was about to say something but then Yerin came out again this time stomping towards Jieun. "Seriously, Do I have to drag you back so I can go eat? You get off work in two hours while I have to close with him tonight. Can you not?!" Yerin was already holding on to Jieun's wrist forcing her to leave so she can watch the counter while she goes on break.

Jieun just lets her tug her around but she complained, "Hey, I worked an extra four hours for you because you asked me to me to--" but when Yerin gave her the death glare that no one dares to argue with she cleared , when Yerin is hungry she tends to start on a murderous spree if not fed at the right time. "But araso, araso. Miane."
She turns her head towards Youngjae and put a fist up in encouragement, "Fighting!"

He just smiled in return not sure how he feels at the moment. He certainly doesn't feel nervous anymore but uneasy.........

That was the last day he had to work in grocery store because he was accepted in JYPE the day of audition and he had to move to Seoul to start his training. He does keep contact with her once in a while since a month later she also started in YGE but the two has focused so much on their training and group to see each other.

 


After the show announced their winners, Youngjae saw Black Pink walking at the back and he immediately follows making sure that he wasn't in visual of the cameras or fans.

"Noona." He called and with that Jisoo and Jieun turned back but when Youngjae bowed at the both of them Jisoo smiled and slightly nudged Jieun towards him. Then she follows after the Black Pink's maknae line behind them.

Jieun almost stumbled but she caught her feet and blushed, she bowed at the KNK boys when they were looked at her. "This would have been bad if I tripped." He heard her say.

Youngjae was walking next to her trying to get her mind off her recent embarassment. "You did really good on your first stage, noona." Youngjae complimented. He wasn't able to talk to her a while ago when Black Pink was in their dressing room.

They were walking side by side in front of the crowd. "I made a mistake." She frowned recalling that she raised her leg a second before that certain choreography.

Youngjae shrugged, "It happens. It wasn't that obviously. You did great anyway." He actually didn't even notice it but he knows how it is when it's a slight mistake, you tend to beat yourself up about it. He remembered when Jaebum-hyung made a mistake on their debut stage for Music Bank. He was in a foul mood for a good hour.

Jieun scowled at him knowing the compliment wasn't something she fishing from him. "Still a mistake."

He just shrugged not knowing how to respond to it, "So Jieun-noona...." He changed the topic, he raised an eyebrow playfully. "We stood on the same stage as singer--"

She just sighed knowing this was coming. She stops her steps and grabbed Youngjae's arm to pull them out of the way from the idols behind them. "Yah, Choi Youngjae." She hissed at him.

"But you promised." He whined.

"Shouldn't you be treating me to dinner? You're GOT7 and i just debut," She said instead.

"And, you're Black Pink." Youngjae insisted, he just smiled and crosses his arms across his chest. "I specifically remember you said you'd treat me for dinner, and you even promised meat." He pouted childishly. His tongue twisted a bit as his voice did an ageyo, "kogi kogi, juseyo-iong"

"Heol..." She steps away, in embarrassment and her back hits the wall. It's a rare moment for her to see Youngjae doing aegyo. She scratches the side of her neck and bit the bottom of her lip, she indeed did promise and she's not about to break her word. "Fine." She gave up.

Youngjae smiled brightly and clapped his hands once. "Asstabyongg!" He even bounced and did a goofy dance, she's seen him do a couple times when she'd come across GOT7 on television.

She nods anyway, trying to figure out when it could be. "After our promotions when we aren't too busy." She said since she knows her their lives are going to be for the next three weeks with music shows and variety shows packed in the next dew days which would just be practices for free time.

Youngjae nods. He was about to say when the best time would but someone had called for him.

"Youngjae-ah."

Youngjae turned it was Jackson calling for him by the elevator. He was staring at Youngjae in confusion then towards Jieun. He gave the girl a curious look as if wondering why they are both talking like they are friends. He walks over towards them,"Gaja?" He asks after he bows at her politely.

"Yeh, hyung," Youngjae said.

She also gave Jackson a polite bow and then pushed Youngjae since she also saw her members waiting for her behind them. "Ka..." She said knowing that Got7 does more promotions than they do. YG-sajangnim is very picky as to where the girls are gonna do their variety and Music shows its certainly a first for them to do Music Bank tomorrow.

"Anyeong." He said quickly as he also bowed at the Black Pink girls.

Youngjae walked with Jackson only to notice that most of s squeezed in the elevator with BTOB except Jackson who was waiting for him. "Gwomao hyung." He said.

Jackson turns back to see Jieun reunited back with her group as they had taken a group photo together with a staff member. "She's a friend? Jade-sii?" He asked since he only knew of her stage name.

"Ahh, Jieun-noona. We had a part time job together in Mokpo for about three months." Youngjae responded.

Jackson's eyebrows met in confusion, "I heard from Jennie that she's from LA too." Though interesting enough, most foreigner idols or trainee know each other since there is that group that gathers most non-korean or non-korean speaking members in it. "Wouldn't that mean she knows Mark-hyung too?"

Youngjae scratched the back of his head, thinking about it. She never mentioned that she knew Mark-hyung before, actually he knew she was from California but never LA, weird that he didn't have knowledge about that. He just shrugged, "Does everyone in LA know each other?" He asked a legit question.

Jackson paused and he frowned realizing his statement is kind of dumb assuming that Mark knows her just because she's from LA too. "Ani?" He blinked.

Youngjae just laughed at his hyung and slapped his arm hard.

Jackson froze, and he scowled pointing at his arm where it stung from Youngjae's hard hit. "You just hit me."

"Araso, araso. Gaja hyung." Youngjae just laughs again and pushes Jackson on the elevator squeezing in with three members from Astro.

"Anyeonghasaeyo...." The hoobaes greeted. Jin-Jin, Eunwoo and Rocky bowed despite the small elevator.

Jackson cheered up and offers a high five to the boys.

Before the elevator closed Black Pink was next in line. Jieun playfully frowns at when Youngjae mouths, "Kogi, Kogi, Kogi," at her.

"Meat where?" Jackson heard the mumbles when the elevator shut. He had been hungry for the past hour now and is willing to eat a whole cow if someone offered.

"You said you're treating me hyung." Youngjae said.

Jackson blinked not recalling this conversation. "Morago?" He said dramatically.

Youngjae smirks and hits jackson again since he had a dumb look on his face.

Jackson growled and yelled at Youngjae playfully causing a ruckus of laughter from the Astro boys. "You just hit me again!"

"I won't hit you for a whole day if you treat me, kogi." Youngjae offered a hand to seal the deal.

Jackson stares at the hand, still contemplating. When Youngjae does do this deal, he does keep it. He's offer a week but a day alone with Youngjae not hitting anyone is already hard for Youngjae. So at least a day free without abuse for making Youngjae laugh is good enough, "Deal."

 

 

A/N
Hehe it's a small world after all..... Bwhahahaha
Anyway, tell me what you think guys. Hehe fighttingg!