xx 06 xx

Playing with Signs

Chapter Six
Jackson Wang POV

(bold=english , mandarin=italics, since mark and jackson are billingual) 

(past=green)

 

It was about eleven when he finally got back from the dorm, he had just finished recording the singing variety show that him and Youngjae was a temporary judge to fill while their idol judges, MONSTA X, are on a world tour.

 

He was expecting everyone else to be sleeping but he saw Mark sitting on the couch with his phone watching a video. He rolls his eyes probably on youtube to check more videos about whatever games he is currently addicted to. He has lost track on what it is, there's just too much.

 

But what he didn't expect to hear was a song of ASTRO playing on the background, Mark seemed too engrossed on his phone he didn't even notice Jackson sitting next to him. "What are you doin?"

 

Mark slightly jumped as if he felt guilty getting caught watching something but then his expression straightened but Jackson knows him too well, "Oh, hey."

 

Jackson's eyebrows met in confusion and he just scoffed, "I greeted you when I walked in." He was looking at Mark's phone too. That is when he realized he was watching Inkigayo's playback from todays show. "What are you doing?" He asked again in mandarin this time since this is the second time he asked, its normally rare to see Mark watch rebroadcast of music shows.

 

"Nothing, I was bored." Mark responded simply but he wasn't looking at Jackson which meant he definitely was doing something fishy.

 

Jackson was thinking about the show today, sure it was Jinyoung that was a special MC today along side Jisoo of BlackPink again since it's the first time since their MC roles ended from six months ago, but to watch the show from start to beginning. "Our comeback performance was the end of the show, hyung." He said since he assumes Mark was just monitoring their performance and interviews.

 

"Ara." Mark responded. (I know)

 

Jackson was about to say something but then BlackPink showed up whilst doing their introduction on their comeback also introducing their new member, Jade. She still has that nervous vibe shining through her compared to the other members. He looks to see Mark's eyebrows meeting in confusion as if he's trying to figure out something, which reminded Jackson. "Oh, hyung. Jennie mentioned that Jade is from Los Angeles too."

 

Mark sighs, he seemed more frustrated than anything. "I know." He responded in english. He scratches his head and looks at Jackson, "I think I went to high school with her."

 

Jackson's eyes widened in shock. "Jinja?"

 

Mark shrugged and he pursed his lips together, he was looking at his cellphone again. "At least I think I did. I asked my friends if they knew a Jieun Lee in school but they said no. And I don't know her american name."

 

"Youngjae said they worked together in Mokpo." Jackson remembered what Youngjae had told him on thursday but forgot to ask Mark if he knew her. He then did his normal squeal, "Soooorum!" He shook Mark as he kept speaking, "If you do know her too then it's such a small world!" Its just quite odd that one person, especially a girl to know two members in the same group who are from 2 different continents before they were even trainees.

 

Mark just rolled his eyes at Jackson, "Quit being weird it's not that big of a deal." Then he clears his throat, "If she goes to school with me or not, I really don't care." And he seemed sincere about that too.

 

Jackson knows Mark too well. He may be a friendly fellow but trivial things like this don't really catch his attention. So Mark being bothered by this girl seems to interest Jackson even more, "Sounds like theres a but after that."

 

Mark snorts, he can't really hide anything from Jackson. If Jinyoung and JB sometimes can speak through their gazes, it's the same thing with both of them. "But...." He puts down his phone, he might as well say it all now since Jackson will pester him about it now that he's caught, "The way she looks at me it's like I've done her wrong in the past, and I really cant figure out what." He runs his hands though his hair in frustration, "There isn't much info about her other than she's been training in YGE for three years. There isn't even accounts that she's from LA."

 

Jackson was just looking at Mark if he's stressing out about this it means that it's a big deal to him. He's never seen Mark worked up on a person, let alone a girl. It takes a bit for a person to warm up to Mark. They have to meet at least more than once or he would initiate conversation with them for Mark to worry about you. "I can ask Jennie for her english name or something."

 

Mark shakes his head, "I want to figure this out on my own," He pursed his lips together and then reaches over his phone to pocket it. He had already given up watching the show anyway if it still doesn't help him remember. "She probably has a reason why she wants to keep that hidden so I'm not gonna push it."

 

"If you're sure." Jackson mumbled in doubt. He knows Mark well enough that this is going to bother him a while until he figures it out and he is more than willing to help. Jennie is actually one of his friends too so there isn't much trouble to ask such a simple question.

 

Mark stands up and nods. "Yeah I'm sure." Then he slaps Jackson's shoulder with affection, "It's late, we should probably go to bed. Even if our schedule is in the afternoon, we still need rest. Jinyoung might declare a practice day before we go to the radioshow tomorrow." He had said. Sure JB is the leader but Jinyoung lately has been the one deciding when practices should be done. It was because Mark and JB were too busy with the album to think about practices.

 

Jackson nods as he could also feel the fatigue taking over him. The show had ended earlier than expected but Youngjae had decided to claim that meat voucher that he had promised Youngjae thursday. So they stayed out a lot longer than they should have. "Yeah, hyung." He responded with a yawn.

 

Mark smiles deviously and adds before walking to his bedroom. "Make sure you wash up too. Don't go to sleep without doing that. You stink."

 

Jackson's face turned sour. He was planning to take a shower too and he knows that Mark was teasing him but it still annoyed him that Mark wouldn't let it go. "Yah! Of course. I will!" Jackson cried out at Mark's back.

 

"Suuure. Keep telling yourself that." Mark laughed as he waved off then walked in his room.

 

 

Jackson was on the roof top of the KBS building waiting for his manager hyung to answer his call. He had finished his schedule 2 hours earlier than planned and he didn't even realize that his manager had left. He is probably on a date with one of the noona staffs thinking that it might get delayed instead of an early end.

 

He had tried again but no answer. "Aishh..." He hissed under his breath. He and his manager has a deal when it comes to these things. Jackson can go play while the manager-hyung keeps an eye shut in repayment for him going on dates when he has schedules.

 

If he called JB-hyung to find the manager since all the managers have a different ringtone for the leader. The deal between him and his Manager might go to waste. He was planning to sneak out tonight for a party that Amber-noona is throwing and Bam-Bam might go with him too.

 

"Guess I'm waiting..." He found a bench close by and sat there. If he waited around where the staff would find him they'd wonder where his manager is. The stylist and make-up noonas had already left while he lied telling them he needed the bathroom.

 

He decided that in another fifteen minutes, he is going to give his manager another call. At least it wasn't that hot or too cold outdoors to hang around here so it's okay. He can take this two hours to relax since it's always him that has doubled schedule compared to s. Well he shouldn't say that, Jinyoung is going to start to shoot for his drama next week while Youngjae is doing a musical the week after next too.

 

They are all going to be super busy with individual activities now. It was good that GOT7's name is getting out there and it isn't just him and their music that is doing that but the members individual talents.

 

He was looking at his phone to reply to the messages he has gotten while shooting when he heard someone slam the door shut for the rooftop as well. He leans forward to see a small figure by the door. It's a girl as far as he could tell, she was on the phone and she does not look happy.

 

"Seriously, I have no time for this. Can't you just tell him to leave us alone? We are doing fine on our own. Well I am." She was speaking in fluent english. She looked as if she was about to either cry or blow up in anger. He shouldn't be listening to this but here he is still watching curiously.

 

"Yes. I understand but he abandoned us for years and now he decides to waltz in our lives. No. I am not dealing with him, ever. I know he left us enough cash to go by to even have that stupid rooftop house by Cheongdam." She was pacing around her voice had gotten louder thinking that she was alone. She wasn't even speaking a word of Hangeul. "No. Changchangsunie is ours. He left it on my name. I am not giving it to him. And no, don't accept anymore help from him. I don't trust him. No. I dont care if Changchangsunie is hard to maintain. That place is mine."

 

Jackson scratched the back of his head, why does that name sound so familiar. Hard to maintain so it's not a person. He really should stop eavesdropping but he was intrigued, especially she mentioned rooftop house in Cheongdam which means he's probably seen this house around since it's by their company office plus the fact she had mentioned Changchangsunie... It has to remind him of something, he is sure of it....

 

"Welcome to Changchangsunie...." A voice rang in his ear as the memories started to come to him. It was during his trainee days when he would hang out with other trainees from different companies just to relieve him of the stress from training so much during the day.

 


Tomorrow is Sunday which means it's their only free day.... So yes Saturday will be his time of fun, especially if he has this hot chick in his arms.

 

"What kind of name is that?" Jackson smirked realizing that someone just named this small yet luxurious house a dumb name. He was still awkward in speaking Hangeul that he stuttered a bit but he is lucky, most the girls claims to find his accent adorable. Thus being able to attract this girl, who he has been secretly seeing for at least a month now.

 

Kim Daerin just giggled as she a hall light. She had pushed Jackson to the nearest couch so she can sit next to him. "I don't know. My roommate, Hannah called it that. She's kind of odd, but who knows americans are kind of interestingly weird that way."

 

Jackson didn't have to disagree on that. His roommate Mark Tuan, is the same way and he's from California. Though his eyes were too busy looking around the small space but he could definitely tell that this place doesn't come cheap since this district is where most of the rich kids come from. "Is this your house?" He asked.

 

Daerin just scoffed and rolled her eyes, "You think I can afford this place?" She said sarcastically but when Jackson just stared at her trying to process what she had said, she responded in broken english. "I, no, own place. Roommate. The american."

 

Now Jackson just hoped she spoke in korean then he'd understand her more but he didn't want to ruin the mood by saying something to insult her. "Oh, that's cool. And youre roommate isn't here?" He wiggled his eyebrows knowingly since the knowledge that they are possibly alone is actually more thrilling now.

 

Daerin just shrugs playfully knowing what's about to come next, she has got to play hard to get too. "Well Hannah gave me the password so it means that she's not coming here soon. She's practicing really hard like the good girl she is."

 

Jackson raised an eyebrow, "And what about you?" He knew he liked this girl for a reason. He was about to lean closer so the talking would just stop since he had better ideas than talking now that they are alone.

 

"Oh, jesus Daerin. I gave you my code coz I thought you needed a place to stay. No this!" A girl who both, Jackson and Daerin didn't even noticed walked in the door seeing them in an almost compromised position.

 

Daerin immediately pushes Jackson so he'd be leaning on the back of the couch and not about to kiss her. "Hannah, you know Jackson, he's a trainee too." She introduced Jackson and Hannah instead to lessen the awkward tension in the room.

 

Hannah was just glaring at Daerin and shakes her head disappointedly. She knows about Daerin's secret meeting with a trainee boy from JYP and she doesn't really care to meet him. They had probably met once through a group meeting but Hannah doesn't join them, she just goes back to the practice room or vocal training. "What are you doing?" She didn't even acknowledge the boy in the room. She turns on all the lights in the room so it wouldn't be too dark and intimate in here.

 

Jackson had to cover his eyes to adjust to the light as he secretly cursed at this girl who just ruined his night of fun. If he doesn't say hi to him then he shouldn't even try.

 

"We were planning to watch a movie, Hannah. Right Jackson?" Daerin looks at Jackson desperately for help so they'd prove to her that it was the only plan.

 

Jackson just nodded, "Sure," he was definitely planning to not watch a movie. It was actually the last thing in his mind.

 

Hannah just rolled her eyes but didn't fight it, "After that movie, we are so going back to the dorms." She said and then without another word she walks into her room making sure to show both of them that her door is wide open to possibly stop any monkey business.

 

"Yep. So watching a movie." Jackson said sarcastically as he stood up to hook his USB into the TV. Good thing he does have a movie that Mark-hyung gave him the other day.

 


Jackson just laughed at himself, for two reasons. Reason one, how he was such an idiot and such a player back then. When he had just arrived in Korea he was still careless and carefree for a trainee that he thought everyone was a game it wasn't until the team he in was split into three groups. Two became a team for a band, who is now Day6 while Jaebum-hyung and Jinyoung was put to ready to debut as a duo for JJ project. Then there was Mark and him... Still a questionable as to what their status would be since they were the only oldest trainees that are left. It was then he realized how much he had to be more serious about his training because he isn't as invincible as he had thought.

 

And lastly, which is the mostly why he is laugh out loud. He couldn't believe it. If he had mentioned to Mark-hyung the other day about how small the world is with Jieun, Mark and Youngjae. It's definitely a lot smaller now. Without even realizing it, he had already met Jeiun before but that was when she was going by her american name then when she was a trainee in Shine Entertainment with his then girlfriend Daerin. Actually, he only met Jieun twice after that because Daerin and Jackson had just stopped contacting each other after another month of seeing each other. Maintaining a relationship while training is always hard. Whether it be just friendship or more when it's someone from an outside a company.

 

He noticed that she had stopped talking on the phone because she had also realized she wasn't alone. She even looked rather uncomfortable to realize that it was Jackson. It's probably either because she knows that he understood everything she had said on the phone just now. Or either because of Mark-hyung.

 

She awkwardly bowed as she greets, "Anyeonghaesaeyo, sunbaenim."

 

Jackson bowed too but he couldn't help but smile as if he had some inside joke he was enjoying himself and he saw the puzzled look in her face. "Hello Hannah." He greeted instead.

 

She blinks as she was taken a back. Only people who are close to her call her by her english name. She doesn't even remember introducing herself to him that way. "Hello?" Her statement came in a question.

 

"I don't know if you remember me, but it's me, Jackson." The way he said his name was different as if he wanted her to remember something. He was trying to hide a chuckle from it too.

 

She was trying to hide the fact that she was totally thinking that thinking he has lost his mind. She has heard stories from her members that Jackson can get too weird but definitely right now it's too weird. Or does he think she's stupid, "Deh, arayo." (Yes, i know) She tried to smile but it failed and she looked like she would rather run now.

 

Jackson pursed his lips, he decided to just go ahead her instead of messing with her. "You don't remember me do you?" He asked her in English.

 

Her head tilted, confused. She wasn't sure what he meant by that. "Um? Am I supposed to? Other than being in got7?" She asks when he nods as the response to her question. She bites the bottom of her lip trying to figure out what he's talking about. "I--"

 

When he saw her eyes widened it was obvious that she had finally figured it out. "We meet again, I see."

 

She stutters at first as she said, "I guess it's a small world?"

 

He grins and nods, "Oh you have no idea."

 


A/N
Hehe my introduction chapters are done. Lol kyaaaaa. I'd like to thank my subcribers i swear i wouldnt update if it wasnt for you guys. I'm glad you are reading this at least. Dont fkrget to leave shout outssss.
Oh by the way i know jackson seems like OOC on the oart where daerin shows up but i do remember jackson saying he was different when he was a trainee. Sooo i did this hahah. Okaay guys fightting!