xx 05 xx

Playing with Signs

Chapter Five
Jieun POV

 

Walking to the main YGE building from her dorm was a bit farther now than living in the trainees dorm to the old YG building where all the trainees supposed to practice or have their lessons at.

She didn't mind it though, it was a breath of fresh air to be able to sneak out of the dorm. She wanted to practice some more before tomorrow's live performance. She had tried to practice earlier in her room but nothing beats having the actual music loud enough that she could hear it clearly. The music hitting her body, engulfing the senses to where the body would automatically move to the steps of the dance.... Which she has been doing with mistakes for the past two liver performances.

She has thought it was one small mistake at first but it was always almost the same one every time. Sure they do dry runs and then doing the same thing about three more times but when the cameras turn on for some damnable reason she makes that mistake of being a second off beat again.

Maybe she's overthinking too much or maybe... She doesn't know. But tomorrow is Inkigayo and she cant make that mistake again....

She was almost to the entrance, when she felt her phone vibrate.

 

~If you're not back before 11, Imma tell the manager you sneaked out.

 

Jieun pursed her lips as it formed a smile. Jisoo, who was in the room across hers, probably heard her leave the dorm. She had mentioned to Jennie that she wanted to practice but Jennie said rest was more needed since they had just got back from doing a radio show.

She understood what Jennie had meant but if she's thinking about this too much then she knows she can't sleep.

 

~Okay, thank you Jisong-ah

 

That's the nickname she gave Jisoo when they trained since she accidentally mispronounced her name, and it stuck ever since.

At least, Jisoo understands. When Black Pink was still the rumored Pink Punk, she had always been the weakest dancer among the girls along with Jisoo. Though Jisoo improved, she just remained stagnant. So instead she was paired with a new trainee from U.K, Kim Hyeri to be a singing duo just purely singing ballad. So she was the first to leave the team after being with them for two years.

Then she trained with Kim Hyeri for almost 2 years but under certain circumstances that didn't happen. Not wanting her to leave YGE, they had decided to have her practice acting lessons along as well to possibly debut as an actor instead. So, with that she hasn't had dancing practice in about three years.

Everything had changed six months ago when YGE had decided to finally add her to BLACKPINK instead. So the three years she had missed was crammed on the past six months so yes... She may have improved a bit but to her it seems not enough. She'd sneak to the company once in a while to practice but during promotion week they have put the girls on house "arrest" only doing promotional activities to leave the house as to not exhaust them.

She checks her watch. 11 was in an hour and thirty minutes. So, she has at least that much to practice a bit. She chose the smallest practice room on the second floor, the one of the ground floor might be used by her sunbaes since WINNER is working on their comeback after their promotions end.

She was glad that the room wasn't taken as she suspected. No one usually uses this room because of it's size. Even the members wouldn't come here. She walks over to the sound system to play their song, and with that turns toward the mirrors to see if she's had any mistakes, and as well as her phone angled so she can replay it later.

It wasn't about twenty minutes later that she had decided to take a water break. She laid down on the cold wooden floor just so it'll help her cool off.

"Oh, I knew I heard sounds coming from here."

Jieun looked at the door, to see Sandara Park standing at the entrance watching her with a smile. Jieun's eyes widened and stood up as quickly as she should.

And bowed in a 90 degree as low as she could in greeting, "Anyeonghasaeyo, Dara-sunbaenim." She stumbled with her words a bit. She has yet to get used to see the big seniors in the company. She doesn't think she'll ever be. If she's panicking every time Dara shows up imagine how she'd be if Chaerin-sunbaenim who she hasn't personally met as a member of BlackPink yet. Even the artists younger than her that had debuted already she still feels awkward not knowing how to react around them.

Dara giggles and waves a hand off, "How many times do I have to tell you to drop that. It's Dara-unnie."

Jieun still was bowed and swallowed nervously, "Maybe one more time, Dara-unnie." Jieun had bumped into Dara more than once before as a trainee. She had always been so nice and supporting to everyone but when she had officially met Dara again as part of BLACKPINK it was different after that.

If she had thought Dara was nice, she didn't realize it was so much more than that. She always have heard stories about how Dara always takes care of her juniors but being part of her hoobaes now. Well Dara had always shown so much support that even Jieun finds it burdening because now she felt that she had to prove her worth even more.

Dara walks in and pats Jieun's back lightly. "Jinja,kumane." (Seriously stop it,) She was still giggling, she was trying her best to lessen the tension in the room. She really doesn't really like being treated like a super senior even if she is.

Jieun pursed her lips and let out a breath to relax. She stands up straight and offers a smile even if it was awkward. "Mianeyo."

Dara shurgs and squeezes Jieun's arm. "What are you doing here?"

Jieun scratches her head, "Practicing."

Dara nods and looks around to see if someone was walking in, "The rest of the girls?"

"Asleep in the dorms." Jieun says shamefully. She could feel it. A disappointing look following a short reprimanding. Promotion week is supposed to get as much rest as possible due to the long days of schedule. It would eventually strain you. She was thankful now for all that cardio exercises she's been doing.

But Dara just nods, she knew the feeling of that fact that your lagging on certain skills from your group. One look from Jieun one can tell she's a weak dancer. She's a hard worker but at least her vocal skills makes up for it. "Well I saw your performances for M countdown and Music Bank. You did very well."

Jieun felt her cheeks turn red and she bowed, "Aniyo. I still need to work harder--"

"Dara? Odiya?" A voice called from the outside of the open door.

"Here." Dara responded.

"Ahh, there you are Dara--" Kwon Jiyong, the charismatic leader of Bigbang walks in the room. He freezes his steps when he saw Jieun standing next to Dara. "Noona." He adds awkwardly as he looked between Dara and Jieun. He normally only uses honorifics for Dara when there is other people around that they aren't close to for formalities.

Jieun's heart stopped beating and she almost squealed but she at least stopped herself though her nervousness got the best of her because she bowed down too quickly, "Anyeonghasayo, G-dragon-pd-nim-sunbaenim." She stutters not sure what to call him. She coughs and her voice was high.

Dara snickers again and says, "Breathe. Jiyongie doesn't bite."

The way Dara said Jiyong's name made Jieun uneasy. As if she was overhearing something she shouldn't have. It is a well known 'secret' about Dara and Jiyong's relationship. No one really asks about it because it's pretty obvious, no one even talks about it either so the speculations from fans and other neitzens will never be answered because no one cares to talk about it. it has been going on for so long that it's not a big topic anymore.

But it still doesn't change the fact that, Jieun wasn't ready to see both of them together. Sure this isn't the first time she's seen them but her members are normally with her in the studio. In this album, G-dragon has a couple songs that he had written for the girls and co-produced the album along with Teddy-oppa but the thing is. This is actually the first time she's met him outside of the studio.

He was scarier now, standing there than in the studio. "Jieun, what are you doing here?"

Jieun stands up straight, she looks at Dara for help who just encouraged her to speak up. "Practicing."

Jiyong frowns and looks at his watch, "It's promotion week. You're supposed to be at the dorm, sleeping."

She bit her lip and she wanted to hide behind Dara-unnie by how scary his glare is. She was expecting this from him though since he's leader of BigBang. He does have that moment where his stare alone can make apologize for things that you don't even know you did wrong. "I was just planning to practice for an hour then head back, Jiyong-oppa." Never in a million years would she have thought to call G-dragon oppa but to lower his annoyance everyone knows calling him oppa would make him melt a bit.

"Practice is supposed to be done in the morning or afternoon not the night before." There is a reason why they are normally on lockdown when it's promotion week, Is get proper sleep and not get sick easily.

"But we shot running man most of the day and had a radio show appearance afterwards, oppa." The running man shoot was only for a two hour guesting but it turned to almost a six hours.

Jiyong rubbed the bridge of his nose and turns over at Dara who gives him a look. He sighs and he looks at his watch again. "Fifteen more minutes then, Dara-noona and I are taking you home." for some reason Jiyong speaking in english he sounds more strict and terrifying.

Jieun gulped, shakes her head and waves her hands to refuse the offer. "Jiyong-sunbae it's okay. I don't need a ride back. The dorm is close by." She said in panic. Pointing the the side of the building where her dorm is at.

"So now I'm sunbae, I was oppa awhile ago." Jiyong mumbled.

Dara just laughs again. She was certainly having enjoying herself. It's always fun for her to watch Jiyong interact with the hoobaes. He does try to be more of an older sibling than a senior but sometimes he comes off as both which confuses people.

"Um," Jieun grumbled nervously, "I can walk back to the dorm, oppa."

This time Jiyong hissed angrily, "There is no way youre walking back to the dorm this late. It's almost 11. You're just asking for it."

Jieun bites her lip. She didn't even realize the danger of walking to the dorm this late. She was always used to being so independent she wasn't sure how she felt about being taken care of especially if it's Jiyong-oppa and Dara-unnie taking her home.

"And I'm not taking no for an answer. Im going to go to the studio for a few minutes. You better wrap up in fifteen." He said firmly and left the room.

"I--" Jieun wasn't sure if Dara-unnie was staying or going with Jiyong.

Dara was still smiling, "Well, you have fifteen minutes to practice. Better take advantage of it." She said encouragingly as she walks over to the sound system to start. "I'll help monitor." Dara said with a wink.

Jieun nods nervously. She wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not but she'll take all the help she can get.

 

 

A/n

arrggg my daragon feels came out of nowhere! So just a short back story for the girl. Hmmm my next pov will be a got7 member heheh agaain kyaaa hehehe. Comment, sub if you want to read more or even if you just like it. Should i continue?